[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Factors of fighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: types.jpg (101KB, 736x895px) Image search: [Google]
types.jpg
101KB, 736x895px
There are 3 factors that go into a fight. That's Speed, Strength, and Skill (technique and knowledge of moves)

There are sic forms of Attacks. Punching, Elbowing, Kneeing, Kicking, Felling (throws and shoves), and Grappling.

There are 2 forms of Defense. Blocking and Dodging.

Many styles consist of one or more forms of attacks, but all consist of the same form of defense.

If you want to master each form of Attacks there are many martial arts to choose from

Punching:
[Basics]: Boxing
[Extra]: Wing Chun, Karate (reason why is because they don't teach you Chain punches or a Hammer fist in boxing)

Elbowing & Kneeing
[Basic]: Muay Thai

Kicking:
[Basics]: Taekwondo, Muay Thai, Karate.
[Extra]:Capoeira

Felling:
[Basic]: Judo, Jiu-Jitsu.
[Extra] Aikido
Grappling:
[Basic]: Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu

Of course there are many of Martial Arts out there that incorporate the two of more forms of attack like Sambo, Krav Maga, ect.

Now if you want to master forms of Defense there aren't a lot to choose from. Many martial art consist of the same thing.

Blocks
[Punches]: Boxing.
[Kicks]: Muay Thai

Dodging:
[Punches]: Boxing %100 (pretty much just head movement and good foot work).

[Kicks]
[high kicks] Mauy thai, Taekwondo. But no different than punch dodging, just good head movement.

[Mid kick] Muay Thai, Taekwondo. Kicks like these are rarely dodged, but its as simple as stepping out of range. This is where people catch or block kicks.

[low kick]: Muay Thai, Taekwondo. Again Rare just step out of range. Usually people just check kicks here.
>>
Knowledge, intelligence, and physical ability.
>>
>>1481068
Wheres dirty deeds?
>>
These are weird wrestling moves
>>
TKD is a meme art, don't fall for it.
>>
>>1481068
This way oversimplified, and gives a lot of credit where credit isn't due.

Especially in your defenses. Along with blocking and dodging there are parries, trapping, escaping, distancing, and positioning. There are also passive defenses like keeping your hands up, head movement, the 101 guards of bjj etc.

fighting isnt like a video game. Theres endless knowledge to absorb and understand and it cant be boiled down to one post on a vietnamese macaroni art forum
>>
>>1481194
Probably because they're real
>>
i have a knife
you dont

i win
>>
>>1481359
i have a pipebomb well placed
a lot of good that knife or gun or friends did for you
when you have your leg or arm seared off
nothing beats a well placed pipbomb
>>
>>1481361
that's called terrorism
>>
>>1481361
Fuck off Phil.
You know that I'm way bigger than you.
>>
>>1482321
you'll be at least 20lbs lighter when your legs are gone from a pipebomb explosion
>>
OP pulled this from some sort of table top RPG source book, right?
>>
Sogobujutsu better be a man fighting off attackers with two other men as weapons, or this is a fucking worthless chart.
>>
3 factors sure; if its a caged fight with rules.
In streetfights, what really matters is >>1481161
and most important self composure. Always keep cool under pressure.
>>
>>1481068
>punching
>karate
You just wanted to give karate a spot didn't you, hammer fists are never used in fights.
Honestly felling is something it can actually offer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyApeFXVhp0
>>
I'd put cardio in there as p important
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.