[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fact that so many smarks still name Daniel Bryan as “the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: goat.jpg (24KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
24KB, 642x361px
The fact that so many smarks still name Daniel Bryan as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” wrestler ever only tells you how far wrestling still is from becoming a serious sport. Wrestling critics have long recognized that the greatest wrestlers of all times are Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero, who were not the tallest or largest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Randy Savage over classical wrestlers who were highly popular in courts around America. Wrestling critics are still blinded by commercial success. Bryan sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Wrestling critics grow up watching a lot of wrestling of the past, classical critics grow up wrestling a lot of classical wrestling of the past. Modern day wrestling critics are often totally ignorant of the wrestling of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that Bryan did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
tl;dr
>>
>>1475641
Read it you illiterate pussy
>>
>>1475626
Benoit and Eddie were great, man, but they were great wrestlers, not superstars. Rock, Austin, Hogan, Andre, Savage, Cena, Haitch, Roberts, etc. Those guys were legends because they recognized that it was more than just how many moves you know. It was a mix of charisma and determination. Bryan's a good wrestler, but the guy has no personality. Neither did Eddie or Benoit.
>>
Thanks, piero.
>>
>>1475649
It's an edited copypasta.
>>
>>1475649
>implying that Eddie, Benoit & Bryan had no charisma or personality

It's not measured by a ruler.
>>
>le meme kicks meme chant man

Glad he's gone please don't come back
>>
Could use some editing but I laughed, good job OP.
>>
>>1475655
Say "meme" again, it might give you that horrible Batista vs. Orton main event you wanted.
>>
>>1475654
Seriously, I heard he was telling jokes and his wife said, "oh god, I'd rather die than have to listen to you talk," and that's how it happened.
>>
>>1475666
>those trips

Fuck.
>>
>>1475669
That's nothing check these
>>
>>1475688
That's some serious shit
>>
>>1475626
Good re-writing of a classic pasta OP
8/10
>>
Stay mad asp, you witnessed the greatest wrestler of all time retire before your eyes, and cant deal with the fact youll never see him again.
>>
>>1475661

You seem triggered anon
>>
File: 1432986517064.gif (15KB, 300x600px) Image search: [Google]
1432986517064.gif
15KB, 300x600px
>>1475626
>The fact that so many smarks still name Daniel Bryan as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” wrestler ever
What kind of falseflagging bullshit is this?
>>
>>1475715
He might run smackdown.
>>
>Scaruffi on /asp/
I never thought I'd see the day
>>
The Bryan was black listed in the top 5 of the amount of time she had on. Daniel Bryan is arguably the greatest wrestler of all time. He had to tell the strangle hold on the wwe for the last three years. When balistic Bryan did not win the crowd, they booed Rome, they booed Rey. During the championship coming meeting them scarcely three h's words during the day chanting his name. Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, and cm Punk were not pleasing for Daniel Bryan. Arguably he is the number one favorite of people coming through the wwe.
>>
>>1475626

>...only tells you how far wrestling still is from becoming a serious sport...
>...wrestling...
>...serious sport...

since when the fuck is wrasslin trying to be a serious sport? Are you for real?
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 236x213px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 236x213px
>>1475808
wut
>>
>>1475626
Daniel > Benoit. He had the versatility that Chris lacked.
>>
Wrestling Isn't Wrestling summed up Bryan perfectly.

>He's not the best actor, but sometimes that doesn't matter. When you've got enough HEART and a weird enough FACE, you can reach the top of this industry!
>>
>>1476050
This. He didn't need mic skills because he was naturally loveable and passionate about wrestling.

The promo he cut on Cena calling him a parody of wrestling was great though
>>
>>1475688
>>1475669
>>1475666
All this checking is making me tired.
>>
>>1476050
>Watching Wrestling Isn't Wrestling

Fag, I don't see why people had to watch a video to "explain" wrestling to them, the show isn't complex.
>>
>>1475626

> Best heel
Freddie Blassie
> Best face
Sting or Sammartino
> Best technician
Benoit, Malenko or some Japanese guy I don't know about
> Best flyer
Muta, Mysterio, or Superfly Snuka
> Best cruiserweight
Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Mysterio
> Best martial arts wrestler
Muta or Shamrock
> Best mist spitter
Muta
> Best body
Luger
> Best abs
Rude
> Best power wrestler
Vader
> Best jabroni squasher
Sid
> Best gimmick
Undertaker or Goldust

> Most overrated technician
Flair
> Most overrated heel
Flair
> Most overrated face
Cena
>>
>>1476214
Benoit was 100x better the person Bryan was, better look, his moves looked legit painful, way better theme. Bryan doesn't look like a real wrestler but Benoit did.
>>
File: The GOAT sees an anti smark.gif (2MB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
The GOAT sees an anti smark.gif
2MB, 245x175px
>>1475649
>>1475655
>>1476223
>>
>>1476329
>"I know, I'll post a reaction gif of Based Bryan"
>>
>>1476341
How does the GOAT do it?
>>
wonder if people actually think the same way as OPs troll post

god what contrarian faggots.

Bryan is the best in ring performer of all time. little argument there.

Charisma?
you dumb dumbs need to ask yourself when bryan started getting hot.
the beard? the yes? nope.
not even team hell no.
it was when he won the WHC and turned heel on smackdown, starting to make fun AJ and telling her to shut up.
he became the most entertaining thing on WWE before he got over..
then Team hell no had the best thing going on WWE, with their backstage segments and videos.
Then his in ring work became the most must see thing on WWE TV.
Then despite creative, his story lines were the best thing about WWE..
he became the most organically Over guy we've seen.
oh and he is THE ONLY man to EVER stay over in the main event scene, while WWE tried to bury him.

So, while confused booking meant to hold him down.
He put Himself over despite Vince holding him back.
very impressive. all things measured, hes the best talent the WWE has had in 10 years, easily.
>>
> Bryan is the best in ring performer of all time. little argument there.
>>
>>1476511
Not the poster, but it is hard to argue.
Japanese style, Mexican, ROH long matches, WWE short entertainment matces, high flying, chain wrestling, striking, hundreds of submissions, psychology, a smoothness second to none.

Who else?
AJ styles? Shawn or Brett? Its an extremely short list.
>>
>>
>>1476566
Bret
Benoit
Dynamite Kid
Shawn
Curt Hennig

All were not only better in the ring but had a better look and were taller than bryan
>>
>>1476578
taller, who gives a shit.

and no, they were all great at what they did.
Great technical wrestlers, and shawn was a great pace setter and story teller,
but no where near the skill arsenal of Bryan.

Bryan can do what they could, they couldn't do everything bryan has done.
that's skill set.

and honestly that's expected generational improvement.
>>
>>1476566
>Benoit

BYS
>>
>>1476591
Benoit went far and beyond what bryan did in every single department

Bret was a better seller, told better stories, was smoother and crisper and punched better than bryan kicked. He just didnt run around as much

Shawn was more exciting and told a better story than bryan

Curt was a technical god and Dynamite was a hardhitting pioneer that changed the game

Bryan was an ugly 5 foot 6 midget whose matches inevitably devolved into running around alot and lots of excrutiatingly boring chest kicks that he couldnt even do without holding a rope to steady himself

He also looked like a child while doing his 1000 obscure wrestling holds
>>
>>1476634
you do realize this was done by design?
that this is what WWE demanded?

hard to take you seriously when you seem really butt hurt by the goat
>>
>>1476638
Address the other points then

Bryan was nothing more than a poor mans far less intimidating and inferior benoit with a meme chant
>>
How do so many people not realize that this is a fucking copypasta that's been edited?
>>
You guys ever read Piero's political stuff? Dude is all over the place
>>
What is the trout mask replica of wrestling
>>
>>1476662
Steamboat Savage
>>
File: Eugene-Wrestling.jpg (81KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Eugene-Wrestling.jpg
81KB, 600x300px
>>1475626
TFW You buy into an edited /mu/ copypasta about The Beatles
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.