[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fix WWE's low ratings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: new-WWE1.jpg (12KB, 564x316px) Image search: [Google]
new-WWE1.jpg
12KB, 564x316px
How would you fix WWE's low ratings?
>>
>>1470101
I wouldn't, just let it die a slow death.
>>
>>1470101
Have me come back after I beat mickey.
Duh.
>>
>>1470101
I would make it TV-14 again, fire all the writers, and hire new ones that know how to write good storylines and good characters.
>>
File: Cage-LU-3-S2E2.jpg (130KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Cage-LU-3-S2E2.jpg
130KB, 1366x768px
Fire the indie manlets and replace them with mastodons. And I guess manlets built like brick shithouses are ok too. Pic related.
>>
You can't, but ratings are irrelevant anyway, has ratings ever affected the company?
>>
TV-14
fire creative and replace with fewer better writers and give talent a little more control over how they do their gimmick
Book by the hour of who is over and who isn't
Figure out who is over through minute by minute ratings and crowd reaction
Actually work off crowd momentum:
Boos = heel
cheers = face
boos sometimes and cheers sometimes = tweener
actually make an attempt to look like WWE cares about it's customers
>>
>>1470203
It nearly killed them in the 90s
>>
>>1470187
>>1470215
If you actually think any individual writer has influence on the company you're a fuckin' mark who doesn't realise what the real problem is.

>>1470203
>but ratings are irrelevant anyway,

Imagine being this dumb-as-fuck.
>>
>>1470237
I didn't say they have influence
I just want them gone cause they're dog shit
I would have mentioned putting Vince, Steph, Shane, Hunter into a crashing plane but it's simply not realistic
>>
>>1470233
That was more too do with ticket sales. They were literally giving them away at one point to fill stadiums. Compared to literally selling out 100,000+ stadiums (obviously they overestimate the number just to say >le record high! but still) with ease it's night and day.

The worst thing for them right now could possibly be house shows but even they're doing ok. No one watches tv anymore with is why Raw most of the time pulls respectable numbers. TV shows make their money more off dvds, network deals and advertisements. WWE only really lose money these days because they're a publicly traded company.
>>
>>1470101
Kill another Hart family member on live TV, they dropped one from the ceiling already, so they could blow the next one up or set them on fire.
>>
>>1470243
>No one watches tv anymore
ratings are percentage based idiot
he said ratings not viewer count
>>
>>1470237
>any individual writer
That is probably why they both said to fire them all and didn't single out any individual.
>>
>le tv ratings matter in 2016
>>
File: 1467894208714.png (65KB, 339x329px) Image search: [Google]
1467894208714.png
65KB, 339x329px
>>1470101
>2016
>ratings
>>
>>1470101
They get an average viewership of 3 million in US alone. These days people prefer on demand or streaming television. So ratings don't matter as long as USA Network is okay with it
>>
>>1470215
>TV-14
Kids asking for parents to buy them shit is probably one of WWE's biggest source of income

>Figure out who is over through minute by minute ratings
People record Raw rather than watching it live all the time, people can dislike an angle rather than wrestlers, and many people just watch/read recaps shit online and if they hear something that happened on Raw that they like, they'll search it on the internet instead of watching through anything from WWE.
>>
>>1470101
Brock eternal champion pay him $15 million a year to be full time apart from house shows.
>>
>>1470336
>parents don't let kids watch tv-14
what?
Also there are still people watching
minute to minute will still have changes
I also included crowd reaction as part of it
>>
>>1470101
More tits & ass, lewd content.

that's if you want to fix ratings, though. You'll lose a bunch of sponsors going for a more general mainstream audience.

Also, get some celebrities in there.

Have a Mixed Tuxedo / Evening Gown match between Triple H & Steph vs. Kayne West & Kim Kardashian at WM.

Get Trump to come back on & be part of an angle, making a "Presidential Decree" to order a rematch for a top face who has been screwed.

Also, incorporate more popular music artists & have them make songs for wrestlers, or even play live at PPVs.
>>
>>1470361
>Also, incorporate more popular music artists
no
unless the rasslers still get choice in it
I don't want entrance music to be filled with generic pop
>>
HOW BOUT SOME ACTION
>>
>>1470366
yeah, modern music must suck right now huh.

so the music used to be better as well as the wrestling I guess.
>>
>>1470378
no modern music doesn't suck you shitposting cuck
I'm just afraid that if popular music shit would happen you would get a guy who's big like Rusev to come out to Taylor Swift
>>
Honestly, just fire Romina.

Viewership has been up since they took him off tv.
>>
>>1470434
Are you kidding me? Are deanetty cucks this delusional? Ever since Roman has been suspended raw lost 500k viewers, 1 million viewers, and then 300k viewers. Is this a meme to pretend deanetty and raw without Roman isn't ratings cancer?
>>
>>1470443
Uh?
Post Mitb Raw= up 500k viewers from Romina (3.4 millions)
Following week= 3.2 millions (Roman Suspended)
4th July: 3 millions
this week: 3.2 millions again

Romina used to get 2.9-2-7 in the third hour

check your nonsense before posting
>>
>>1470459
>literally making up numbers

Holy fuck get help
>>
>>1470468

yawn
since they got rid of Romina main eventing, third hour viewership has been consistent with the rest of the show

also
>deanetty

don't really care about him

not my fault if people don't tune off in hundreds of thousands when he's main eventing, unlike Romina
>>
and just to make it clear, in Romina's absence, the worst rating Raw got was the same when he was champion

if a guy is taken off tv and ratings are the same or don't improve then he's worthless, people don't care about him

he's literally as valuable as Tyler Breeze
>>
>>1470480
>>1470488
The ratings are worse, you fucking idiot. How deluded are you holy fuck
>>
>>1470500
2.4 after Mitb
2.2 the 27th
1.87 first of July, compensated by jump in DVR
2.2 again yesterday

Romina was down at 2.0
>>
>>1470503
Yeah a 2.0 vs one of the highest rated NBA finals games ever.

Meanwhile the very first raw since Roman was suspended, viewership dropped by 500k and deanetty got literal record low ratings for Raw with 0 (zero) sports competition. And it repeated again for this week. Fucking moron.

The mental gymnastics you do is honestly just fucking sad.

>compensated by jump in DVR
Kek
>>
>>1470101
id bring back cody and have a huge angle where bray try's to dig up dusty's body to harness its power
>>
File: gallery_utv_fairly_legal_1.jpg (77KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_utv_fairly_legal_1.jpg
77KB, 1280x851px
>>1470101
Can't be fixed. They need to hit a all time low then start rebuilding from there. Luckily the shield members are drawing shit. Only a matter of time before vince goes full bananas. By firing all these vanilla midgets and start hiring bodybuilding mastadons
>>
They're way too pozzed to be helped. Even if they went to absolute dirt-tier ratings, they'd still find a way to pander to SJWs and niggers. They have absolutely lost their way.
>>
>>1470530
>4th July counts as a normal week

and you call me a moron?

Also Romina got 2.0 the week after the finals.
You are a liar and a moron.
>>
>>1470240
If they don't have influence why do they matter?

>>1470252
>the point
>your head

Whoosh.
>>
>>1470101
They will fix themselves when President WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump starts showing up to PPVs to drop money and mini american flags on the audience.
>>
>>1470672
Make wwe great again.
>>
WWE has so many problems these days, they really need to totally revamp the product. Sadly that'll never happen, even with the new brand spilt.

It may sound smarky, but pretty much all the problems are on the creative end.

>Heavily scripted promos
>storys that go nowhere and fizzle out
>wrestlers having pretty much no creative input
>everything micro managed to death by writers and producers who have had no prior knowledge of wrestling at all
>only the safe and boring guys get mega pushes anymore

And of course i could go on
>>
File: wcwpromo3[1].jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wcwpromo3[1].jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>How to fix WWE

Ladies and gentlemen you new Excecutive Creative Director of Storylines & Booking.
>>
>More Managers for wrestlers.
>Cut down staff on creative.
>Give wrestlers more freedom on mic only if they can get reactions.
>TV-14, minimal blood and swearing otherwise it gets over saturated.
>Fire Road dog
>>
>>1473371
This pretty much, WWE will never be good again.
>>
>>1470573
>all these buzzwords
back to /pol/, shitter.
>>
>>1473968
kys carter
>>
>>1473968
TRIGGERED
>>
>>1473969
im not carter, ya nerd.
>>1473973
Gain height.
>>
>>1473977
kek spicter triggered as fuck right now
>>
>>1470101
Turn it into an actual sport because that's the only way wrestling will gain relevance today
>>
You have to remember, wrestling was entertaining for a grand total of about 2 a a half years in the late 90s, when all the stars aligned and they suddenly had a load of GOATS all at once. Aside from that, the WWE has been shit under Vince, nothing will happen until he finally croaks.
>>
>>1470101
More indie vanilla midgets which no charisma should do the trick nicely.
>>
>>1470215
& allow swearing
/thread
>>
Fire the writing staff.
Bring back booking committee.
Hire Disco Inferno as head of committee.
The company lives.
>>
Start Ryback's awesome push again, but this time actually book him to win the title. then have him defend the title against local jobbers every night as well as someone on the roster. 2 title defense a night/ppv. Final boss is Goldberg who Ryback beats. He then loses the title to Brock after he wins his UFC fight with overeem.
>>
>>1470101
Fire the horrible talent they have and make good storylines
>>
>>1470111
B E S T I N T H E W O R L D
E
S
T

I
N

T
H
E

W
O
R
L
D
>>
>>1470101
Put the title on John Cena, make Brock Lesnar the challenger.

Let them swap title reigns until they can no longer wrestle. Because nobody knows any of those vanilla midgets currently employed by WWE outside of the wrestling bubble.

Maybe throw Randy Orton in the mix too.
>>
Mega push ryback and jack swagger and have rvd come back as a manager
>>
>>1474601
I wonder if you're actually smart enough to figure out the flaw in your logic here.

(Not counting on it.)
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.