[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IIT: Cornette vs. Russo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

Where do you stand?
>>
>>1454096
Fuck 'em both.
>>
>>1454096
Russo. Cornette is a crybaby nutjob.
>>
Both are guys who are out of touch and whine all the fucking time. Neither are worth standing with.
>>
>>1454104

>Pro-Bernie
>REPUBLICANS ARE RUINING THE WORLD REEEEEEE

Fuck Cornette.
>>
It's all just an angle they do to keep themselves relevant. Don't get worked.
>>
>>1454096
Russo is gonna btfo him so hard.
>>
>>1454110
Cornette hatin on Russo is kind of his thing now. His most viewed stuff is him shooting on russo
>>
Russo. WWE should hire him, guaranteed ratings.
>>
Cornette
>>
BASED RUSSO GONNA BTFO OUTTA THAT 7-HEAD REDNECK

Seriously. Russo was booking RECORD HIGH RATINGS. Cornettey was booking RECORD LOW RATINGS.
>>
>>1454096
Russo's a lying moron with a reputation in the industry as sparkling as steroids and concussions.
Cornette's a lying moron who has been perpetuating a gimmick and feud with another grown Man in shoot interview for the sake of a character.

They're both shit.
>>
Cornette at least is entertaining
>>
They are both ridiculous. Cornette is listenable and funny though. Russo is impossible to listen to for more than a few minutes.
>>
Cornette is nothing but a bully
>>
>>1454182

Still believe it was Russo who booked Attitude Era and not Vince and Pat. Russo gave ideas, as anyone in the creative meetings, which 99% of them were shit and the one(s) got picked were filtered by Mcmahon.

Cornette wasn't the only saying that and since not only single person that posts here was in those meetings I believe it's true.

Russo was and is overrated. Everybody that did watch WCW when he was the creative leader could watch and get to the conclusion it was just low drama budget ideas. He also is a lying backstabbing person. Jarrets told more than once that they stop talking, as a father and son, after they left TNA. Not only because they lost the will to be involved to wrestling business but also they didn't want to deal with people like Russo. Remember that it was Jeff Jarret who brought Russo to TNA.

Not a fan of Cornette, but I can see he is a very intelligent person regarding the wrestling business. I don't always agreed with his views, since he is way old schooler, but at least the guy admits shit that did got over and he didn't agreed with since he is, once more, an old school guy.
>>
They're 2 sides of the same coin.
It's the coin that is shitty.
>>
Cornette knows more about the wrestling business and they are both insufferable crybabies outside of it, so I guess I pick Jimbo.
>>
Notice how the reasons to hate Cornette always boil down to "I disagree with him" (at best - most of the time, it's dumb reasons)

Reminder that Cornette can at least take credit for how great OVW was as a developmental territory at one point, along with JR and others. The same developmental that gave WWE John Cena and Randy Orton.

Russo, on the other hand? Not much beyond muh ratings in TNA, and even that was quickly undone.
>>
>>1455713
>Notice how the reasons to hate Cornette always boil down to "I disagree with him"

Isn't that what disagreements usually boil down to?
>>
>>1454096
I'm pretty sure the only reason why Cornette is even making any sort of money anymore is because he's so out of touch of the business and good to laugh at sometimes, how does he do it?
>>
>>1454098

This. Paul Heyman has a better mind for the business than either of them.
>>
>>1455728
Heyman's brilliant, but like Corny and Russo, his knowledge and expertise is condense into a particular field. Outside of that, he's kinda hopeless.
The true, all-around genius of the wrassling world is Vince, like it or not – and I don't.
>>
>>1455697
Lots of his ideas were shit, but when he had a great idea it was fucking brilliant

They would've kept doing cartoon shit without him and his run in WCW actually brought up the ratings
>>
>>1454096

As a wrestling personality and entertainer I like Cornette more. As a person and a human bean Russo is better,
>>
>>1455718
Well, yeah, but you see people taking simple disagreements with Cornette and turning them into reasons to discredit anything he ever did.
>>
>>1454096
>Cornette
>MUH MEMPHIS WRESTLING

>Russo
>BRO LETS GET PLAYBOY MODELS AND HAVE THEM FUCK EACH OTHER IN THE RING BRO THAT WILL BRING US RATINGS BRO

They're both cancer but at least Cornette has a brain.
>>
>>1455813
>>BRO LETS GET PLAYBOY MODELS AND HAVE THEM FUCK EACH OTHER IN THE RING BRO THAT WILL BRING US RATINGS BRO

Sable was a draw bro
>>
>>1454104

Go wash your canary sports jacket, Jim
>>
>>1455813
Go back to tumblr
>>
What actual ideas from the AE were Russo's?
>>
>>1455697
It was Russo and Ed Ferrara who wrote mainly the scripts to the show and both guys will tell the same thing; Vince would tweak a good script to be a great script, he would add LITTLE details here and there, the 1 good idea, 100 bad ideas is bullshit.

Terry Taylor said too in one shoot interview that Russo was very creative mind and made every guy on the roster relevant. Sometimes Russo had some idea, Vince would say we can't do it that way but we can do it this way. Even guys like Val Venis have said that when Ferrara and Russo left it was quite a blow.

Russo didn't book matches in WWF, he only wrote the scripts.
>>
>>1455731

I think we were discussing booking in particular, anyways. I know Vince would never let the PPV companies jew him the way they jewed Heyman, but that has nothing to do with Heyman's abilities as a booker. Heyman is a better creative mind than either Russo or Cornette.
>>
>>1459052

This.

Anyone thinks otherwise has been drinking the WWE doctored history kool-aid for way too long.
>>
>>1455813

considering they got their highest ratings of all time with russo at the helm, i'd say he was right.
>>
Attention-whoring bitch born-again Russo
vs
Insane motor-mouth ultra-liberal Cornette

Whoever win, we lose.
>>
>>1455813
Fucking pleb. It's like you don't even want ratings
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.