[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sumo/ - Nagoya 2016

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 13

File: AS20160703002039_comm.jpg (158KB, 455x640px) Image search: [Google]
AS20160703002039_comm.jpg
158KB, 455x640px
Watch Kisenosato fall apart at the last minute again! Welcome to the Nagoya Basho!

Sumo pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/WQsRgEHZ

>Kintamayama official statement on videos for this basho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws5ufddyCDE

>NHK will be providing free English coverage on NHK world in a similar format to Kintamayama
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJHo8hokCok
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/sumo/
>>
File: Banzuke.png (67KB, 578x690px) Image search: [Google]
Banzuke.png
67KB, 578x690px
Makuuchi matches begin Sunday July 10th JST
>>
Ozeki: Kisenosato
Kisenosato is the eighth Ozeki to win over 13 bouts in two consecutive tournaments and remain an Ozeki in the following tournament. The previous to do so was Hakuho in the 2006 September Grand Sumo Tournament.

Ozeki: Terunofuji
Terunofuji faces his second Ozeki kadoban, following his first in the March tournament of this year. This is the 134th Ozeki kadoban since the 1969 July Grand Sumo Tournament, with Goeido and Terunofuji having faced the previous in the 2016 March Grand Sumo Tournament.

Sekiwake Debut: Kaisei
Kaisei is the second rikishi from the Tomozuna Beya to make his Sekiwake debut since the present oyakata inherited the heya on May 20, 1989. The previous was Kaio who was promoted in the 1995 January Grand Sumo Tournament.
He is the first rikishi from Brazil to make his Sekiwake debut.

Sekiwake Debut: Tochinoshin
Tochinoshin is the third rikishi from the Kasugano Beya to make his Sekiwake debut since the present oyakata inherited the heya on February 24, 2003. The previous was Aoiyama who was promoted in the 2014 November Grand Sumo Tournament.
He is the first rikishi from Georgia to make his Sekiwake debut.
This is the first time since the Showa era that a former Sanyaku ranked rikishi has made his Sekiwake debut after being demoted to the Makushita Division.
>>
< Kaisei & Tochinoshin >
Kaisei and Tochinoshin are the 156th and 157th rikishi to make their Sekiwake debuts post WWII. The previous were Kotoyuki and Ikioi who were promoted in the previous tournament.
The previous time there has been two Sekiwake debuts for two consecutive tournaments was in the summer tournament of 1943 (Toyoshima & Sagamigawa) and the spring tournament of 1944 (Futasegawa & Terunobori).
They are the 17th and 18th foreign-born rikishi to earn this promotion, with the previous being Terunofuji who was promoted in the 2015 March Grand Sumo Tournament.

Komusubi Kotoyuki:
Kotoyuki has been promoted to the Komusubi rank in the tournament just following his Sekiwake debut. The previous rikishi to achieve this was Aran, who was promoted in the 2010 November Grand Sumo Tournament.

Komusubi Return Takayasu:
Takayasu returns to the Komusubi rank for the first time in nine tournaments. The previous time he held a Komusubi rank was in the 2015 January Grand Sumo Tournament.

Makuuchi Debut Kitaharima:
Kitaharima is the first rikishi from the Yamahibiki Beya to make his Makuuchi Division debut since the present oyakata inherited the heya on November 23, 2015. He is the fifth of those who have joined the Kitanoumi Beya to achieve this, the previous four being Ganyu, Kitazakura, Kitataiki, and Nionoumi who was promoted in the 2012 January Grand Sumo Tournament.
He is the 23rd rikishi from the Hyogo Prefecture to make his Makuuchi debut post WWII, following Myogiryu who was promoted in the 2011 November Grand Sumo Tournament.
He is in a ninth place tie for the slowest promotion into the Makuuchi Division in all history, with having participated in 85 tournaments since his pro debut.
>>
Makuuchi Return Chiyonokuni:
Chiyonokuni returns to the Makuuchi Division for the first time in 13 tournaments. The previous time he held a Makuuchi Division rank was in the 2014 May Grand Sumo Tournament.
Having returned to the Makuuchi Division after being demoted all the way down to the West Sandanme #28 position, he now holds the second place record for the lowest banzuke rank before returning to the Makuuchi Division post WWII.

Makuuchi Return Toyohibiki:
Toyohibiki returns to the Makuuchi Division after two tournaments.

Makuuchi Return Kagayaki:
Kagayaki returns to the Makuuchi Division after three tournaments. The previous time he held a Makuuchi Division rank was in the 2016 January Grand Sumo Tournament.

Makuuchi Return Sadanofuji:
Sadanofuji returns to the Makuuchi Divion for the first time in four tournaments. The previous time he held a Makuuchi Division rank was in the 2015 November Grand Sumo Tournament.

Makuuchi Return Arawashi:
Arawashi returns to the Makuuchi Division for the first time in seven tournaments. The previous time he held a Makuuchi Division rank was in the 2015 May Grand Sumo Tournament.
>>
>>1453526
thanks nigga
>>
http://www.the-japan-news.com/news/article/0003061463

He's going to do it this time guys, just look at that resolve
>>
>>1455257
これを削除します
>>
File: hak.jpg (48KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
hak.jpg
48KB, 400x500px
The only time I come to /asp/

It was a long wait for this to come around. Usually the time flies by.

Hopefully Hakuho is still in evil vilain mode
>>
>>1453526

>I love you all and thankyouverymu..
>I DON'T LOVE YOU ALL!!
>I probably would love you if I knew you

lol

I don't know why but I always assumed he was American
>>
ITS THAT TIME AGAIN HELLO LADS!!!

>No Gagamaru
>Sadanofuji is back
>Kisenosato still on the race
>Muh nigga Kaisei knocking on Ozekis door
>Time for Kakuryu to win again
>The MADMAN in top form again

Lets see how the new videos fare. Wouldnt mind if Kinta starts doing Juryo vids

MISSED YOU ALL GUISES!

>>1455829
Me too

>>1455846
American Jew. I think he lives in Tel Aviv
>>
My understanding is they're doing the daily digests but there's no way to watch them on demand, they just air at set times with on demand "highlights" on days 1/8/15. I hope someone records and uploads somewhere because there's no way I can keep up with that.
>>
>>1458743
Seems like there's a lot of confusion about it all, and if they really want this to be a success it's going to need to be easily accessible
>>
Day 1 from Tenshinhan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hoyvWHRKbc

Includes Juryo matches at the start, no sign of the NHK digest yet
>>
>>1458927
That grin on Kisenosato's face, what the hell

And cool moves from Harumafuji today
>>
Muh nigga Harumafuji dancing ballet today
>>
This is Goeido's tournament. I can feel it
>>
Kinta day 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUfLE_sISFk

Still no signs of than NHK daily digest VOD
>>
Someone's recording of the NHK digest with english commentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUuXWBxSweA
>>
Worst OP pic ever tbqh desu
>>
>>1460936
Not impressed. Hopefully Kintamayama keeps doing his thing
>>
>>1461171
Grumpy birthday Kisenosato doesn't make you laugh?

>>1461181
I think he will, NHK really has to step up and I doubt they will
>>
Kinta day 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP_0h-cUIs4

That Terunofuji heart
>>
>>1462044
Yoshikaze vs Ikioi was a great match, and yeah Terunofuji had some real spirit today

Mitakeumi looking stronger than I'd expect given his fast rise to M1
>>
Hope Kinta keeps dding more Juryo bouts. Now I recognize many guys from there
>>
>>1467047
I really wish there was someone that reliably posted them

People that edit sumodb seem reasonably reliable about finding clips though, if you don't mind watching each match individually http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Results.aspx?b=201607&d=2&hideresults=on click on the little video clip icons
>>
>>1467066
Thx for the link

However I started to watch sumo with Kintamayama and is clear by now that Im stuck with that form to watch it. I cant bear Jason speaking for hours for an individual 1 -min fight.

Is different if you watch the whole show though. I streamed the Mongolian channel once and was fun having sumo ran the whole day and paying attention every 20 mins to see a bout
>>
Day 3:
https://youtu.be/BtonhgvrRXI
>>
How come Chiyonokuni was placed so high upon returning to the Makuuchi division?
Isn't that an insult to those that remained in it but now are ranked lower?
Sometimes the ranking just does not make sense.
>>
>>1467523
"Luck of the banzuke", he had a great record and a yusho, but more importantly there really wasn't another choice to fill that spot
>>
Chiyootori doing well so far.

Would live to see him rise to sanyaku. Not sure he has what it takes to make yokozuna, but the thought of a bouncing yokozuna fills me with glee.
>>
>>1467461
Two kinboshi on the same day! I wonder how long it's been since that last happened

>>1469210
He's looking good right now, let's see if he can follow through
>>
Dammit Kakuryu

Also, sad to see Aoiyama so far. These are bad times for Eastern Europeans in sumo
>>
>>1460936
The picture quality is very good and slow motion highlights a bonus. Commentary is about what you will expect for English speaking audience. I hope the guy keeps posting them daily.
>>
>>1469980
I like most of the NHK English casters, the videos aren't half bad

They really need them to be on-demand available to everyone for free or for a small fee and include every makuuchi match though instead of skipping some. Unfortunately they'll probably not do that and then declare it a failure due to lack of interest.
>>
Day 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ouy1SZQEo

Congratz Chiyootori fan, sorry Kakuryu fan
>>
>>1470799
You mean day 4.
>>
>>1470799
Interesting to see how the records are forming for the higher ups right now, what's happening to Kotoshogiku? He's really choking up
>>
>>1470799
Tochinoshin getting lifted for a change
>>
Day 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6bAkTGF-5M
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>1473279
Holy shit lads!!! What a day!!!
>>
>>1473279
What the fuck is going on? Everyone is dropping like flies.
>>
>>1473279
>>1473432
>>1473808

Bizarre and awesome day, nothing is real anymore
>>
Day 6: https://youtu.be/okJw20tkMx0
>>
>>1475416
This is the second crazy basho in a row. My boy Mitakeumi finally gets a win. The look on his face was priceless.
>>
>>1475634
If he turns things around for the rest of the basho he may even get the kanto-sho again.
>>
Just catching up on the last 3 days. I thought Hakuho was going to run away with it. Very interesting now, Nobody looking great.
>>
>>1475784
Despite his win Hakuho looked straight up shook during his match.
I had just the slightest bit of satisfaction in his loss knowing that everyone who took the "easy" route in Jason's All Sumo Channel contest by choosing Hakuho to go 15-0 has been knocked out
>>
>>1475416
So many people still in the running, good tournament so far

>>1475640
I hope he does, Mitakeumi has been pretty impressive
>>
>>1453526
This is what makes /asp/ so fucking awesome!

I'm a Muay Thai & Bujinkan guy. But nothing satisfies my inner weeb quite like Sumo!

Thanks anon!!!!!
>>
Day 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6xnAr5UdZE

>>1477546
Always happy when someone discovers the thread, hope you enjoy the Sumo!
>>
Mata Mata Mata.
Good god it was mata too.
How unfair. Can not a monoii be called in such situations?
>>
>>1478041
The rikishi themselves cannot make the call, a mono-ii could have been called if any of the shimpan felt it was unfair but none raised their hands
>>
>>1475640
I hope so, but my boy is still young. No need to rush.
>>
>>1478041
it would open the gates to divegrass-style-theatrics

Chiyootori dungoofed
>>
>>1479697
>>1478041
Yeah, I prefer possible human error to giving the big guys any power outside of beating the shit out of each other.
>>
Another AMAZING day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBcjQxS6afU

Dont want to jinx it, but Harumafuji has been magical so far
>>
>>1461536
is kinda disgusting desu
>>
>>1479811
Staredown in the middle of a bout, close fights... This was a good day.
>>
>>1478041
Chiyootori was robbed.

This is just like football season.
>>
Just a heads up on an interesting basho so far for Juryo Ura Kazuki. Veru quick but also all over the place technique-wise.

I recommend watching his performance so far.

Link to videos
http://pastebin.com/834Q39hD
>>
>>1481285
Ura is real fun to watch, as long as he doesn't fall victim to the hype the same way Endo has, he's going places.
>>
>>1479811
wow Harumafuji just said I don't lose
>>
>>1481285
We have talked about Ura a couple of times. We all love him (pulled out some crazy kimarites last basho) but is not sure if he can do the same tricks against the top guys. Also, you can link directly to sumodb

tldr: may be a >meme rikishi.
>>
Just watched his bouts this Juryo. Yes, its spectacular, but I think he also needs the bread and butter of boring yorikiris and oshidashis wins to make it to sekitori. Not all fights can be won on leg pulls or turns.

Best option, he could be the next Harumafuji
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CfrSAbtjhw

A rocky day. :)
>>
>>1481819
Im scared lads. This cannot happen
>>
>>1481849
It just did though. :)
>>
>>1481851
It hasnt happened yet.
>>
I've got a lot of hope for kitaharima. He's small, but he's quick and seems to do good sumo more often than not.
>>
Those Kise-Teruno and Tochi-Gueido bouts doe
>>
Endouless losses
>>
What a basho this has been lads. Is Hakuho officially shook? Also is Endou going to go winless?
>>
>>1481875
I love smaller quick guys, but Kitaharima might be a little too old to keep moving up. 30 is a bit much for just starting Makuuchi.

I'm still going to root for him.
>>
File: mongol lift sumo.gif (2MB, 365x204px) Image search: [Google]
mongol lift sumo.gif
2MB, 365x204px
>>
File: duck under sumo.gif (2MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
duck under sumo.gif
2MB, 371x209px
>>
File: 1429324806536.png (38KB, 135x161px) Image search: [Google]
1429324806536.png
38KB, 135x161px
not very knowledgable on sumo wrestling-

i have to ask, is there woman sumo wrestling in japan?
>>
>>1486630
not in Japan its against their tradition, In fact women are not even allowed to step or touch the ring.They're really up tight about it
>>
File: tumblr_n8q1rnEET41qachxjo1_500.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8q1rnEET41qachxjo1_500.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
>>1486635

thank you, i wasnt aware of this! i am pretty horrible at english so you summed this up in a way i could understand without mocking me and for that i thank you. i would have tried googling this but i doubt much would have came up. im glad i know this now, it does seem very likely of japan to do this, considering how strict their traditions could be, so it makes sense.
>>
>>1486630
>>1486635
>>1486661

There are amateur leagues in Japan that do allow women to participate.

Keep in mind that Sumo are essentially Shinto priests though. As such you'll frequently see them get used for religious ceremony, especially after natural disasters.
>>
>>1486696
Are the wrestlers, referees, or both priests?
>>
>>1486752
My understanding in this is pretty limited, but I think it's both to some extent.

The wrestlers themselves aren't quite priests but they are empowered to perform rituals that otherwise only a priest can, and the same is true for the Gyoji.

Yokozuna have some further importance but I'm not entirely clear on it. If anyone knows any good English sources for learning about this stuff that would be awesome.
>>
>>1486696
>>1486762

i always sort of daydreamed about creating a female sumo wrestlers league. despite the hundreds of limitations i have on doing that- but upon learning this, i suppose there's a lot more rituals and traditional stuff that goes on more than i thought in sumo. shame on me, with my knowledge of japanese culture. i always wanted to learn more about sumo, so i'm glad i could learn here.
>>
>>1486776
Apparently there has been a female sumo tradition in shinto shrines, but I don't have any good sources for it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg5Yd4YIxP0

Time for more interesting matches.
>>
What result will be enough for Kisenosato to make Yokozuna? and will it be harsher for him given that ATM they are already 3 or that does not enter into the equation?
>>
>>1487300
In modern sumo, the qualifications that an ōzeki must satisfy to be promoted are that he has enough power, skill and dignity/grace (品格 hinkaku) to qualify. There are no absolute criteria, nor is there a set quota: there have been periods with no wrestlers at yokozuna rank, and there have been periods with as many as four simultaneously.

The power and skill aspects are usually considered with reference to recent tournament performance. The de facto standard is to win two consecutive championships as ōzeki or an equivalent performance. In the case where the "equivalent performance" criterion is used the wrestler's record over the previous three tournaments is taken into account with an expectation of at least one tournament victory and two runner-up performances, with none of the three records falling below twelve wins. Thus a consistent high level of performance is required. Winning two tournaments with a poor performance between them is not usually sufficient. The rules are not set in stone and hence in reaching their conclusion the Yokozuna Deliberation Council and Sumo Association can interpret the criteria more leniently or strictly and also take into account other factors, such as total number of tournament victories, the quality of the wins and whether the losses show any serious vulnerabilities.

tl;dr: He needs to at least win this and the second one in row. Hinkaku stuff is subjective, but hey, he's Japanese, so he would be hailed as the second coming for Japanese sumo and yamato damashii. Just have to have those basho wins in succession...
>>
>>1487300
>>1487361

He'll get promoted if he just wins this one, the precedent was set with Kakuryu that 1 win + 1 runner up was good enough
>>
>>1486661
>without mocking
Sumo is the most comfy and welcoming to beginners thread on /asp/
>>
>>1486894

I laughed so hard at Kisenosato that I had to stop the video

STOP GIVING HIM EASY MATCHES YOU CHEATERS

Such a shit Ozeki, would be the worst zuna ever
>>
>>1488321
We are just a post away of posting emojis.

I think is because we cannot be more than 7 regulars posting here
>>
Just seconds before I was thinking there were so few henkas this basho...

fuck kisenosato tbqhwyf
>>
File: 1452209447618.jpg (201KB, 930x805px) Image search: [Google]
1452209447618.jpg
201KB, 930x805px
>>1486894
hakuho on dat comeback
>>
>>1487300
They are so desperate for a jap Yokozuna that it was rumoured some were pushing for a 12wins to be enough, not even a basho

But hopefully the Futahaguro precedent stays solid. Needs to win at least 1

The 2 bashos in a row just matters mostly for non Ozekis, Terunofuji had no chance of being zuna after his only win, but if head pull out a second one in a row he would have been yokozuna now

>thankfully he didnt
>>
>>1488327
he had such confident sumo last tournament and for his first few matches this basho he looked solid. but his most recent match was fucking retard level, like i understand that avoiding getting caught in a henka can be kind of tricky but kisenosato looked downright amateur.
>>
>>1489030
I liked that little nod of approval he did at the end
>>
>>1488327
>>1491410

To be fair to Kisenosato, his win rate is on-par with the Yokozuna, and he's actually statistically slightly better than Kakuryu.

That said, being a Yokozuna is more than just win rate, and Kakuryu probably doesn't deserve his rank anyway.
>>
>>1492664
Cant believe what im reading here.

Kakuryu was never kadoban when ozeki.

Kisenosato was kadoban and moved between sekitori and maegashira for years.

The statistics are similar because Kakuryu gets injured more and was a mediocre maegashira who finally exploded and became elite. Kisenosato has been mediocre-barely-above-average all his career
>>
File: Kisenosato.png (88KB, 703x771px) Image search: [Google]
Kisenosato.png
88KB, 703x771px
>>1493881
Kisenosato's only kadoban is a 7 win and it's the lowest he's posted since 2010, he's otherwise surprisingly consistent. And if you aren't counting Kyujo basho for Kakuryu, you can't count that basho for Kisenosato anyway as he pulled out at the end.

Many of the best Yokozuna were kadoban multiple times as Ozeki and it doesn't really say much.
>>
File: Kakuryu.png (88KB, 704x813px) Image search: [Google]
Kakuryu.png
88KB, 704x813px
>>1493881
>>1493929

And Kakuryu's numbers just for comparison, not exactly spectacular even excluding all the tournament's he's been absent for.

His only real success is the two tournaments that got him Yokozuna, otherwise his numbers looks pretty similar to Kisenosato.
>>
Day 11:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgKsreOtE94
>>
So, we are all going for Harumafuji, right?
>>
File: takayasu.jpg (569KB, 1024x951px) Image search: [Google]
takayasu.jpg
569KB, 1024x951px
>>1494152

Takayasu fo sho
>>
>>1489030
Hakuho is not forgetting his scoops brah.
>>
>>1494152
Definitely, he's got some real pep this basho and it's got me hyped
>>
Day 11 (updated):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-dW81GqEOo
>>
Chiyonokuni "I worked too fucking hard for this" power throw the highlight of day 11 for me.
>>
>>1495102
Ura attacking the moment Seirou puts his weight away and back was probably my favorite, as far as mind games go.

Also, that referee Jojo moment.
>>
File: MATTAMATTAMATTAMATTA.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MATTAMATTAMATTAMATTA.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>1495240
>MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA
>ORAORAORAORAORAORAORA
>>
>>1495102
That throw was awesome, shit like that is why I watch Sumo

Chiyonokuni has high hopes from me
>>
Day 12:
https://youtu.be/HY1RYRBVJck
>>
>>1497489
What's with the thrown pillows?
>>
>>1497521
When a maegashira ranked rikishi defeats a Yokozuna it is considered an upset and the crowd often throws their zabuton to show their distaste.

The maegashira gets a kinboshi or gold star on their record for doing so, which permanently increases their salary. IIRC it's a $16,000 raise for a kinboshi, but don't quote me on that.
>>
>>1497622
I would say it's supposed to be distaste, but in reality it's usually more excitement.
>>
>>1497622
its 240,000 yen each year, which at current exchange rates is $2200
>>
Hakuho choking again.
>>
>>1497858
I've seen that number thrown around, but I was under the impression the multiplier has gone up since then
>>
Why is there like 100 WWE threads? I haven't been on here in a while
>>
>>1497976
wrestling got banned from /sp/ so they all came here
>>
Hope Teru can return to full fitness. He is a beast when healthy.

Tomorrow the two leaders go head to head.

Who are considered the best technical wrestlers? Harumafuji seems to be on another level even compared to Hakuho.
>>
>>1498074
hakuho is the greatest of all time, absolutely no question
>>
>>1497521
>>1497622
>>1497658

I totally responded before watching day 12, in this case it's just the crazy matta combined with the best of all time being a mix of excitement and distaste

Terunofuji is an Ozeki and it's not normally considered an upset when an Ozeki beats a Yokozuna
>>
>>1498160
In this case it's just the crazy matta combined with the best of all time losing*
>>
>>1498084

But that doesn't mean he has the best technique. Hakuho has great technique but I think Harumafuji is even better.

Harumafuji is probably faster than him too but Hakuho wins in every other department.
>>
>>1498160
idk if it was the crazy matta but Hakuho did not look confident in that match and even a bit deflated.
>>
>>1499287
He knows he has to throw his match to kisenosato or the association will fucking hate him for the rest of his days.
>>
>>1499287
Well a controversial matta at the least, Hakuho's hand did touch the ground if very briefly. It was called way too late as well.

>>1499504
Besides being a bit out of sorts yesterday, I think Hakuho might be hiding an injury again this basho
>>
Jesus, what a lucky win for chiyootori.

I'd like him to win one more, just to climb a little higher, but a kachikoshi is a kachikoshi.
>>
Day 13:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_-k4W_aBLA
>>
Where are the suplexes
>>
>>1500444
The kimarite you would be looking for is Izori, and it's extremely rare

Here's the only video I can find of one https://youtu.be/YHPnhutqF9o and it's blurry as shit

Here's a list of every occurrence, http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Query_bout.aspx?show_form=0&kimarite=11 but a few of these are almost definitely mislabeled
>>
>>1500443
And there died the dream. Ass handled and out of the lead.
>>
>>1500460
>it's rare for one 400lb man to suplex another

You don't say.
>>
>>1500053
>hiding an injury
With that slip in his match against Ikioi, injury was the first thing that came to mind.
>>
Day 14: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfxiZoIXY6Y
>>
>>1502769
Some really good bouts.
>>
>>1502769
What a finish is going to be!!!

If only the MADMAN would still be in the race but still
>>
Kise as perennial choke ozeki
Koto and Gueido kadoban
Teruno seki
Kaisei KK

Sekitori is ded. Only Mongolians rule
>>
>>1502769
Hakuho chokes again, here we go again for two tournaments.
>>
>>1503091
yeah, a pity, but atleast I've still got Harumafuji to root for

plus the tournament gets decided on day 15 which is always more fun
>>
>>1504361
This is my first time watching Sumo, I'm studying abroad in Japan and can't read kanji for shit, how do I know who is who?
>>
>>1504665
The youtube links in this thread have names in roomaji.

Memorize everyone's names if you go to watch a basho.
>>
>>1504665
just root for anyone not japanese, its what I do
>>
What just happened? Rule violation from grabbing his hair or something? I'm very confused
>>
So what are the victory conditions right now? If three people finish 12-3 what happens
>>
>>1504736
Play offs. They fight on that very same day
>>
>>1504665
When you're actually in the stadium you can rent a little radio that plays the NHK english audio commentary for you
>>
Harmafuji's acceptance speech
>I’ve been fortunate here. I love the people of Nagoya. (he's won 3 of his 8 tournaments in Nagoya) The accumulated effort of each and every day got me to today. I focused on giving everything I had and leaving with no regrets. I’ve been dealing with a lot of injuries lately, but I was able to win because of my stablemaster’s help and the support of sumo-loving fans. I felt like I could really put everything on the line in every bout, every day. Thank you.

Nishonoseki, head of the Sumo Association's judging department has said that Harumafuji's 12 win runner up performance was not enough to promote him to yokozuna but if he wins the cup in September "everyone will be satisfied"

M10 Takanoiwa received a fighting spirit prize for tying for runner up at 12-3, M2 Takarafuji received one as well for stopping Hakuho's win streak and his 10-5 performance at a difficult rank.

Yoshikaze received an outstanding performance prize, and Komisubi Takayasu was given a technique prize for defeating all three ozeki he faced.
>>
>>1505385
>Harumafuji's 12 win runner up performance
You must mean Kisenosato.
>>
>>1505402
yes, my mistake I'm sorry
>>
So Goeido is no longer Ozeki? Wish Terunofuji lost.
>>
>>1505683
>So Goeido is no longer Ozeki?
He is in Kadoban. Meaning he must make kachi-koshi next honbasho or he will be demoted then.
Terunofuji was in Kadoban on this basho but he no longer is as he made kachi-koshi.
>>
Just since nobody posted it yet, Day 15: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBIUUloF1Q0
>>
See you all in two months.

Same basho time, same basho channel.
>>
Just caught up, what an amazing basho the last few days were incredible.

That Kitaharima vs Ichinojo match was just fantastic, and the race was exciting all the way to the end.
>>
>>1505385
>Kisenosato's 12 win runner up performance was not enough to promote him to yokozuna but if he wins the cup in September "everyone will be satisfied"

Who bets on Kisenosato choking and getting his ass handed by mongolians.
>>
>>1513915
There's almost no doubt
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.