[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: what went wrong.jpg (329KB, 784x356px) Image search: [Google]
what went wrong.jpg
329KB, 784x356px
>five years ago: realistic weapon physics where the environment reacted organically to everything you did (e.g. do an RKO off a ladder and if you land on a table it actually breaks, do a chokeslam and if your opponent lands on steel steps he actually slams onto them, etc.)
>now: nonexistent weapon physics; tables, ladders, and announce tables only break if you do a handful of contextual, preapproved moves

>ten years ago: a career mode with fun, original storylines, voice acting, cutscenes, branching paths, and an actual narrative
>now: "career mode" that has no storyline whatsoever, no dialogue, no real cutscenes, no meaningful interaction with any characters, and is an anemic, boring, fomulaic mess consisting of you fighting the same guys over and over on Superstars for fifteen in-game years until you mercifully retire

>thirteen years ago: harcore matches where you could seamlessly fight from the ring to the backstage area to the locker room to the boiler room to the street outside to the subway station to motherfucking Times Square
>now: "hardcore" matches where you can't go more than a few feet from the ring and can't even throw people off the stage
Disgusting.
>>
Smarcs wanting realism
>>
>>1446388
i hate the realistic simulation shit, it fucking sucks and it's fucking slow
>>
>>1446394
>>1446408
Realism has nothing to do with it. You could have a realistic wrestling game and still have a story-focused career mode, interactive weapon physics, and access to backstage areas. It's just laziness at this point.
>>
>>1446388
Who cares about all that shit except the tables

I just want good customization and good, fun online play
> ywn spend hours fucking niggers up on 2k14 ever again
>>
>>1446760
it does you fucking nerd bitch. The realism makes the game even worse now since it doesn't have good story mode.
>>
Realism killed these games. There hasn't been a good one since the PS2.
>>
>>1446388
Different people behind the game
>>
>>1446824

All were great fun
>>
Here comes the pain and Shut Your Mouth were the best wrestling games made. They had it all
>>
I wish they would just re-release SD: HCTP. It truly was the GOAT wrestling game. Nothing has, or ever will, come close to it.
>>
>>1446778
What the fuck does realism have to do with a good story mode, you fucking retard? Realism and story mode are completely irrespective of each other. You can have stamina and reversal limits while still having a story that's more in-depth than [grind for twelve weeks to win X title and repeat ad nauseam]. The career mode we have now is just lifeless series of exhibition matches. Compare that to something like this: https://youtu.be/9LHZOsavHsY?t=10
Actual fucking characters interacting with each other. An actual fucking story that makes you want to see what the next week of career mode has in store for you. Not like the fucking lifeless bullshit we have now.
>>
>>1446869
HCTP would be even better with a GM mode and a faster way to give CAWs good stats
>>
File: 300px-Ps2_wwwsmackpain_big.jpg (38KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Ps2_wwwsmackpain_big.jpg
38KB, 300x425px
>ywn jump off of a helicopter in the WWE 2k series
>>
Weapon physics are way better than they ever were.

Outside of announce and table GLITCHES, the weapon system is way better than it ever was.
>>
>>1446981
Go play that stupid shit then.

I want to actually wrestle a coherent match.
>>
>>1446980
Don't ever reply to one of my posts again faggot.
>>
I love SYM and HCTP as much as the next guy but Day of Reckoning is the true goat as far as in ring engine is concerned. The game is damn near perfect.
>>
>>1446967
Because even if the story was shit, the gameplay would still be fun which is what you want in a wrestling game you fucking retarded nigger bitch
>>
>>1447184
But we're talking about story, and the story isn't even shit, it's fucking nonexistent, you stupid fucking faggot fuck.
>>
>>1447189
Who gives a shit about story you fucking nigger? Wrestling game has always been about the fun and gameplay, if youre such an autist for the story mode go play the faggot booking game for autistic people like you
>>
File: wwfgb.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
wwfgb.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>twenty-five fucking years ago: pure gold roster, no filler characters. Gorilla press slam your opponent over the top ropes. Could play it in the car while your mum drove you to pizza hut
>now: literally who? No gorilla press because my character's low-test indie arms would break if he tried. Forced to sit indoors to play shitty game on a machine 8x the size

I also just realised that I have a fucking save game on Link's Awakening that is probably older than almost everybody posting on this board.
>>
>>1447221
How old r u cracka?
>>
>>1447225
>>
>>1447240
Can you buy me some alcohol? Im only 18
>>
>>1447245
KEK
>>
>>1447194
>Who gives a shit about story you fucking nigger?
Anyone that actually wants a wrestling simulator.
>>
>>1447194
>Who gives a shit about story you fucking nigger?
You retard. You pitiful fucking retard.
>the state of wrestling fans
>>
>>1447284
>Anyone that actually wants a wrestling simulator.

then go play the booking game you dumb fuck, holy shit you're those dumb fucks who wanted realism i bet.

>>1447305
>The state of you because you know i'm right

kys dumb bitch
>>
>>1447328
>then go play the booking game you dumb fuck
Nah GM mode was for that, i want actual story modes with choices to change the routes not these RTW, Showcase or my career garbage.
>>
>i want actual story modes with choices to change the routes not these RTW, Showcase or my career garbage.
>he wants this in wrestling games
EL O EL
your autism is high.
>>
>>1447328
The booking game doesn't have in-ring gameplay, though, you stupid faggot.
>A fun, engaging story that changes depending on your choices and weaves into your matches, giving them a purpose and keeping things exciting from week to week?
>FUCK THAT I WANT THE SAME BORING MATCHES EVERY WEEK WITH NO MEANING OR COHERENCE BEHIND THEM BECAUSE FUCK REALISM XD I LOVE FIGHTING JACK SWAGGER ON SUPERSTARS EVERY WEEK
Kill yourself.

>>1447361
Except that was present in the Smackdown vs. Raw games for years, you literal retard.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>1446388
SvR 2011 was the last good game
>>
>>1447436
Are you fucking retarded? Anyone who isn't neckbeard doesn't want a shitty story mode all they want is good gameplay in wrestling games. I bet you were those fat fucks eho got upset because the horse wemenz wasn't in 2k16 you fucking ugly nignog
>>
>>1447135
>Modern WWE
>Coherent match
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>1447515
>Anyone who isn't neckbeard doesn't want a shitty story mode all they want is good gameplay in wrestling games

We already had games with great gameplay and actual fun story modes.
>>
>>1447578
Yeah, and fat neckbeards like you complained and wanted realism in your shit. Fuck you nigger
>>
>>1447753
You can have good gameplay and a good story mode in the same game, you spergmeister autist. Again, it's been done before with the Smackdown vs. Raw series. These are not mutually-exclusive things, retard. Kill yourself.
>>
>>1447798
Except neckbeards like you already ruined it you stupid fuck.

Rumblr me bitch, i would kick your ass
>>
>>1447835
You're either underaged or severely retarded. Either way, I'd go to prison. No thanks.
>>
>>1447976
Lmao your fat fuck can't even drive probably. Fucking bitch ass nigger
>>
File: ohyeahbrother.jpg (19KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
ohyeahbrother.jpg
19KB, 263x192px
There is only one good wrastlin' game

I wish some gaming company would make an online 10 man wrestling game where each person can select four wrestlers and the last one stranding wins. But I want knock off wrestlers like Mucho Man Randal Savagè
>>
>>1446388
i miss GM mode
>>
>>1446869
Didn't this have the career mode where you'd be hit by a truck so you could do a movie and excellent shit like that? Also, I think the career mode went forever
>>
Yukes are just lazy, they know they will sell the same amount of copies every year, although they are selling more copies now because of the Steam Version.

They focus on the shitty Showcase mode and then call it a year. Universe Mode still so flawed and underdeveloped.

They should adopt a PC gaming strategy of releasing a good base game and updating it every year with a new roster for 5 years. (See DOTA 2)

>>1446841
Yukes are still the developers. If you mean different Creative Directors then I agree.
>>
>>1448075
>not even the best in the series
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 600x300px
Will we ever have anything nearly as based as Revenge mode, lads?
>>
TFW no more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88XnUHAX5-o
>>
>>1449689
>They should adopt a PC gaming strategy of releasing a good base game and updating it every year with a new roster for 5 years. (See DOTA 2)

THIS x1000000
>>
>>1449716
While that sounds good, the gaming industry is too shit and money obsessed right now to allow that to happen.

Lets say, they get a guaranteed 2 Million people buying the game every year.

Every year they're getting 60x2 Million= 120 Million USD.

For two years that would be 240 Million.

With the PC strategy they can make the best game but they would not be able to charge 60$ the next year for a roster upgrade or expansion.
Expansions usually have an impression of a 29$ max price product.

They would get 120 Million first year and if the expansion would be 20$ they'd get 40 Million USD the second year. Total $140 Million.

Right now you are forced to buy the game yearly for 60$ with nothing more than a roster bump and bug fixes of last year game. And they really don't have to put any effort.
>>
>>1449697
see
>>1449699
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.