[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one was the better all round wrestler/sports entertainer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: Stone-Cold-and-Triple-H1.jpg (54KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
Stone-Cold-and-Triple-H1.jpg
54KB, 500x316px
Which one was the better all round wrestler/sports entertainer?
>>
The non niggerd one
>>
....Stone Cold.

How is this even a question?? Triple H is the textbook definition of a B player; Austin is the biggest bank of all time.
>>
>>1437045
but but muh NXT
>>
>>1437016
Stone Cold is galaxies ahead of Triple H
>>
>>1437016
Austin obviously. Austin v HBK would have been a better question.
>>
>>1437098
Mic skills: Austin
In ring: HBK
Character/Gimmick: Austin
Drawing ability: Austin

Austin was better overall
>>
Austin

Props to Haitch for being the greatest B+ player of all-time though
>>
>>1437118
Pre neck injury Austin was better in ring than Michaels imo
Austin knew how to sell
>>
>>1437016

are you kidding me? sage in all fields
>>
>>1437431
>saging on /asp/
I'm sure it'll kick in, in about a weeks time.
>>
>>1437016
Honestly, Austin sucked ass at wrestling. Even Cena is more technical than he is.
>Lou thesz press
>mudhole stompings
>punches and kicks
He's like a bigger Dean Ambrose. All he has going for him was the stunner. And he was shit for the business too. Yeah, he drew big time, but he also walked out while under contract because he refused to lose to newer guys and he's pretty much never put anyone over. Not to mention even now all he does is run his mouth against the company that made him. Haitch is the better man all day.
>>
>>1437016
The Rock.
>>
>>1437546
He wasnt half as responsible as the rock

He wasnt as much of the drawing as a rock

You can go on YouTube and watch a lot of charts and videos rock

But cacs and c00ns said rock> rocks

We will miss him in the ring or the TV? No, the idea that

I do not think anyone cares hes going all yeshrug: bu bu bu but hes supposed to be the tho'oti
>>
>>1437681
wat
>>
>>1437546
18+
Austin was an amazing technical wrestler before Owen Hart broke his neck. After that he had to switch his style to more "punchy kicky"
>>
>>1437681
Did you have a stroke while writing this post and somehow managed to post it anyway?
>>
HHH is the GOAT heel and is far more superior in the ring than Austin, better moveset, better psychology and was a more hated heel than Austin was loved as a babyface, during his 1st DX run he had more charisma than Austin...

HHH vs Beniot Iron man match
Any HHH vs Rock IC fued match
HHH vs Rock Iron man match
HHH vs Mankind street fight
HHH vs Lesnar WM29
HHH vs HBK SS
HHH vs Jericho WM18
HHH vs Sting
HHH vs Orton WM25
*soon to be HHH vs Seth*

All better feuds/matches than ANYTHING Austin ever did in his career. TRUTH hurts don't it Austinfags
>>
>>1438742
He also couldn't draw half as much as Austin
>>
>>1438748
False, plus Austin had a stronger roster behind him than HHH did with the brand split
>>
>>1437016
>haitch pretending to be in Austin's league by making a tag team with him
I'm 90% sure trips came up with the idea and forced it to happen
>>
>>1438760
Someone post that image of RAW ratings. The waterslide during the Reign Of Terror is highlarious
>>
>>1437016
Austin by light-years.
>>
>>1437016
If you don't know the answer of this shitty question, you'd be a retarded idiot
>>
>>1438748
Austin had Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Mankind, Angle, Hardy Boyz, E&C, Dudleys, Eddie etc his ENTIRE run as the top guy while half those guys left WWE and the other half went to Smackdown because of the brand split during HHHs run.

HHH had to carry RAW and do Main event programs with WCW hacks like Steiner, Nash and Booker while also get a young Orton and Batista over.

It's like Austin rode a Dream Team to championship but HHH had to carry bums and rookies to the playoffs. I'm a Rockyfag but the blind HHH hate/meme is getting old, it's 2016, if look at HHHs reign objectively it's easily better than Bret, Punk, Bryan, HBKs run. I would honestly rank HHHs reign 4th behind Rock, Hogan and Austin.
>>
>>1438742
Two things:

>Austin bloodying Jim Ross in Oklahoma in 2001 makes him instantly a better heel than HHH.
>Austin Rock WMX7 trumps every Triple H match of all time
>>
>>1437546
>but he also walked out while under contract because he refused to lose to newer guys
But that's wrong you underaged faggot. He left because they were throwing away money matches
>>
File: buckle up.jpg (10KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
buckle up.jpg
10KB, 184x184px
>>1437016
>he broke 6000 sledgehammers and never drew a dime
>>
>>1437681
NO PAJEET! NO! I tell you again, leave this chinese girl cartoon wrestling board and go to bed, you must seek your education in the morning!
>>
>>1438761
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEW81h5mBbE
>>
Trips is literally at his best when he hss all the shortcuts to play with, but without them there is a huge drop-off. He is just not in Austin's league.

>>1437546
You're judging a former technician who began to spam the punch and kick buttons after he got crippled. You're also ignoring his spam punches and kicks got better reactions than other guys' whole matches, so..

>>1438742
Slow day at the PC, Levesque?

>>1438855
Your confirmation bias is showing.
>>
To make the cut required longevity, many Austin for 3 years from 97-99. How can you make the cut when you high for 3 years? People think of the term meant the most popular of which were false WWF. The WWF is the most popular in the late 80's, there is nothing close to Austin's draw Hogan was. Everything you do in and out of Austin virtue was more Rock. The Rock is a draw great Austin during Characteristics and lie figure. If not for the Rock perhaps even beat WWF WCW war Or Monday. Austin is jealous of the Rock because of this and even call him Howard Stern at the time of an interview a few years ago.

To further make the cut should be one of the eternal heel better and more experienced and are unable Austin at this stage. Men like macho Man, The Rock, Hogan, HBK could get the most loved and most hated in the quick fingers to make them one of the best. Austin is one of the most likely and not one of the best heel.

Austin had a great 3 years running may run more but men as macho Man, Hogan, The Rock, HBK, Flair was good. Most people overrate Austin to nostalgia in their teens during the Attitude Era that Austin is the "leader" is. Austin took his ball and went home because he did not wanna put one on the thing that will make the cut.
>>
>>1440425
>Austin is jealous of the Rock because of this and even call him Howard Stern

my fucking sides have been F5'd
>>
why is there so many anti Austin posters on /asp?
>>
The fact that this is even a question is testament to how well HHH has played the game behind the scenes. He's literally shit. He's fucking terrible. But he played the game so well, aligning with the Kliq, marrying the boss's daughter, then aligning with the two biggest guys coming up, only the bury them both, then to bury literally anyone who came along other than John Cena (whom he recognizes is also terrible, and so is not a threat).

HHH should be a literal who. Around about 2000, he should have just sort of disappeared. But he played the game like an expert.

He's shit in the ring, shit on the mic, and back before he started fucking Stephanie, and wasn't given an obvious steroids exemption, he had a shit body.

So, bravo, HHH! You suck at every part of pro wrestling, but you're a great political little bitch.
>>
>>1440708
Cuntrarianism.
>>
>>1437546
I'll quote Kevin Nash on Steve Austin:

>"When he was in his height of popularity, he was like a Lamborghini who already had 300,000 miles on it."

I'll let you figure out what that means.
>>
>>1440799
>giving a fuck about what Nash thinks
>>
>>1440816
Well, Nash and Austin are best friends. I guess you couldn't figure out what he was saying? He meant that Steve Austin was like an elite performer. But by the time he became a mega-star, he was already used and beaten up from so many injuries

Daniel Bryan could be described this was as well
>>
>>1440799
Some of Austin's best stuff was in 2001, though. And he absolutely held his own against world-class guys.
He wasn't pure work-rate anymore, but he took an entirely different approach, filling in the blanks he couldn't with pure physicality through other things.
>>
>>1440828
>couldn't figure out

I already said I don't care what Nash thinks, seeing as how all of his views were considered laughably outdated in the late 90s.
>>
>>1440834
Shouldn't you be training for your big UFC debut, Phil?
>>
>>1440836
Shouldn't you be in counselling for your abandonment issues /wwe/ stan?

It's not your fault he left.
>>
>>1437681
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>1440799
>Allow me to defer to Kevin Nash
lol sup NEETWolfCuckpac
>>
File: robin-williams.jpg (45KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
robin-williams.jpg
45KB, 500x269px
>>1440836
>bringing up Punk literally out of nowhere when nobody else ITT has even mentioned him
mate you have got to forgive yourself
Your father didn't deserve you
>>
>>1440834
>laughably outdated

>one of the biggest draws of the centuries

All right
>>
File: Romaine Cocaines.png (634KB, 697x392px) Image search: [Google]
Romaine Cocaines.png
634KB, 697x392px
>>1440854
The only thing Nash ever drew was that pepsi tattoo on his shoulder
>>
>>1440854
>lowest drawing WWF Champion since pre-1970
>one of the biggest draws of the centuries
>>
>>1440836
>Bringing up Punk out of literally nowhere when nobody else even mentioned him in this thread
This is the worst case I have seen of it yet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandoned_child_syndrome
http://www.couplescounselingchicago.net/7-signs-you-have-abandonment-issues-you-cant-ignore/
http://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-about-therapy/issues/abandonment
http://www.abandonment.net/abandonment-frequently-asked-questions
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-many-faces-addiction/201006/understanding-the-pain-abandonment
http://psychologia.co/abandonment-issues/
https://www.jordangrayconsulting.com/2014/03/abandonment-issues/
>>
>>1437118
Why is this pic default mirrored?
>>
>>1440928
Because that was Shawn's gimmick at the time.
>>
>>1437262
>Pre neck injury Austin was better in ring than Michaels imo

>le pre injury Austin meme

He was never better in ring than Shawn. HBK is probably the best seller of all time.
>>
>>1441037
>HBK is probably the best seller of all time
shame he never sold things that mattered
>>
>>1437262

Austin was good, but he wasn't THAT good.
People think he was some sort of God prior to the neck injury, but most of his matches were kind of on par with his peers at the time.
>>
>>1441041

HBK has better matches than Austin. No Austin match (in terms of in-ring) matches HBK/Angle or HBK/Taker.

Point me to one match pre-neck injury that stands up to those two. The best thing Austin ever sold was bleeding.
>>
>>1441061
>No Austin match (in terms of in-ring) matches HBK/Angle or HBK/Taker.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but this particular coupling of examples make me think you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
Taker/HBK wasn't close to Angle/HBK in-ring. It was great for the story told. Much like Austin/Bret.
Austin/Bret stands up to Taker/HBK in-ring, and probably surpasses it. But it pales in comparison to Angle/HBK in-ring.
That said, Angle/HBK is probably the weakest overall of the three. Which goes to show that in-ring is only one aspect of what makes a match great.
>>
>>1441184
>Austin/Bret stands up to Taker/HBK in-ring

Not really. I love Austin/Bret but what makes it is the ending, If Austin hadn't of bled and they'd did the double turn then it wouldn't be a memorable match whereas Taker/HBK is a GOAT match in itself and doesn't rely on one spot.

I would rate both as 5 out of 5 but in-ring HBK/Taker is better. Alot of Bret/Austin was brawling.
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>Its a "Shawn Michaels is not the best of all time" thread
This board is full of cucks
>>
>>1441037
> HBK was probably the best seller of all time
And i suppose Ziggler is the second yeah? GTFO here with that shit, you sound like a 12 year old indian

>>1441230
POO IN LOO
>>
>>1441252

>comparing Zigshit to HBK

Benoit yourself
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.