[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ken Shamrock in WWF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

What went wrong?
>>
>>1433093
Literally the definition of charisma vacuum
>>
He was just a bit boring really. Early on in his run he was fine, but he just got dull.
>>
Dull. He was decent enough in ring to have good matches with good wrestlers but was no where near able to carry a match.

He had zero charisma.
>>
>>1433093
Had no charisma.
Still had an okay wwe career.
>>
>>1433093
Vince Russo wasn't interested in anyone who wasn't done up in paint and obnoxious as hell. He also had no idea what to do with a shooter because at that point he didn't even watch wrestling for the wrestling.
>>
Didn't Michaels or someone kill his push? I'm blaming Michaels.
>>
>>1433093
I love Ken, I think he could've been booked much like Lesnar's been booked since his return from MMA if they'd really pushed the whole "dangerous no rules shootfighter that competed in Japan" angle and he would've been succesful. Focus less on big suplexes and more on horrific-looking submissions and whatnot. He wasn't even a disaster in the ring, could have good matches if not stellar. The problem was mainly that yeah, he lacked charisma and while he looked intimidating and had some good intensity to him, he wasn't the kind of human gorilla Lesnar is.
>>
As a kid, I was a big fan of his when he debuted. Even though I knew wrestling was fake, I liked the fact that he and Blackman had MMA backgrounds and could probably kick the ass of almost anybody on the roster.

At least he got to win King of the Ring before it became a joke.
>>
>>1433093
i never liked him "the most dangerous man in the world" give me a break he sucked dick
>>
>>1433093
HBK and HHH didnt like him because he was friends with Bret. They ran him out and the tried to do the same with Rock because he was also friends with Bret
>>
I liked him. He got pretty over early on. They really could have had a bigger star on their hands if they'd handled a shooter gimmick well. They couldn't book Dan good either, thiugh he was nowhere looks-wise like Shamrock.
>ywn get to see shamrock vs angle in a battle of the ankle locks in 2000-2001
>>
File: 222.png (310KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
222.png
310KB, 500x341px
>>1433093
too bad we never got to see the storyline of him fucking his "sister"
>>
>>1433093
He did extremely well for a few years. Not everyone gets to be a World Champion. Nothing went wrong.
>>
>>1433093
If you miss the exit to Shamrock's Zone, you end up in Suplex City.
>>
Nothing went wrong. He was an upper midcarder for years and an IC champ back when that belt was really valuable.

He was never going to be main eventer in his own right, but was able to be used in multiple main events because of his unique persona. His shoot fight prowess gave his presence a genuine aura of danger and as a problem solver.

Shamrock was not a failure in WWE. He was a great success and an excellent IC champ.
>>
He never got over being choked out by some karate guy
>>
>>1433093
His theme was always hype when I was younger, enjoyed his lion's den matches with Blackman
>>
File: shamrock.png (1MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
shamrock.png
1MB, 1200x675px
>>1434343
I'M IN MY ZONE
>>
He was good in the role they gave him. He probably could have been bigger if he worked on his showmanship.
>>
>>1433656
Trained as a wrestler earlier. He was in a Southern indie as Vince Torelli and Wayne Shamrock in Pride.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.