[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are axe kicks ever practical? Because they look cool as hell.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

Are axe kicks ever practical? Because they look cool as hell.
>>
Unless you wanna get checked right into your dick
>>
>>1431633
Yes. They work best as counters to other kicks, but most people have difficulty reading them which makes them pretty easy to land.
>>
File: ax stomp to balls.webm (2MB, 492x276px) Image search: [Google]
ax stomp to balls.webm
2MB, 492x276px
>>1431633
GSP innovated smashing the guy's balls with your heel
>>
I used to ax kick like a motherfucker but I became increasingly concerned with the impact my knee was absorbing. You are basically knee barring yourself every time you connect with one
I stopped doing it, I don't even have the flexibility to do them anymore really
>>
>>1431645
>best fighter ever
>>
File: 006.jpg (222KB, 747x1200px) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
222KB, 747x1200px
How about dropkicks?
>>
>>1432211
Too risky. They're basically a push kick, which you may as well throw grounded. Unless your goal was to push some sleep-walking arsehole out of a window while you're fucking around, you're just looking for trouble.
>>
File: B8N4XvK[1].jpg (494KB, 1200x1706px) Image search: [Google]
B8N4XvK[1].jpg
494KB, 1200x1706px
I don't know but here's a neato pic
>>
File: Minowa vs Baroni.webm (3MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Minowa vs Baroni.webm
3MB, 512x384px
>>1432211
Ikuhisa Minowa used to throw them, but it was out of doing wacky shit to endear him to the crowd rather than as an actually effective maneuver.
IIRC he did pro wrestling on the side in addition to his MMA career.
>>
File: andy hug axe kick.webm (328KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
andy hug axe kick.webm
328KB, 384x288px
>>1431633
Andy Hug was famous for throwing them in K1 and they were a signature weapon of his. I don't think he ever knocked anyone out with it in kickboxing, but that didn't matter because it was such a strange kick and so associated with him that people overreacted to it and left themselves open to simpler attacks.
>>
File: andy hug axe kick.gif (2MB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
andy hug axe kick.gif
2MB, 268x200px
>>1432626
Also I can't believe it took 10 replies to get to Andy Hug in a thread about axe kicks. Step your game up /asp/.
>>
File: Hug Axe.webm (836KB, 505x345px) Image search: [Google]
Hug Axe.webm
836KB, 505x345px
>>1432626
>>1432628
>>
I prefer the tkd variation of axe kick, where instead of pulling your leg down, you actually chambered it after the kick
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BzpvAPTOdo
>>
>>1432628
You're on a wrestling board m8
>>
>>1433799
The problem with that is, if you actually connect, you don't chamber, and if you miss, being back in the chamber is a kind of awkward, poorly defended position after the axe kick. It works best if you can be sure of a clean connection to the face, because it requires you to strike with the bottom, rather than the heel of the foot to get a lot of force. You can't land 'messy' ones like these

>>1432626
>>1432628
>>1432648
I absolutely love the chamber as a lead in to ax kick from TKD though. Makes it much harder to read, especially against people with a very watered down muay thai background.
>>
>>1432626
>>1432628
Came here just to talk about the Blue-eyed Samurai.

Andy proved they could work.
>>
>>1432628
I had to dig through a metric fuckton of rasslin to find a martial arts related thread to begin with.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.