[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you actually see Vince buying TNA? If so for what reason?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: vince1.jpg (12KB, 255x300px) Image search: [Google]
vince1.jpg
12KB, 255x300px
Can you actually see Vince buying TNA? If so for what reason?
>>
>>1428458
Yes, tape library.
>>
The only reason to buy TNA is to add more to Vince's WWE Network archive
>>
He would buy the video library cheap when they go out of business and that's about it
>>
Better talent
Video archive
Better writers
>>
>>1428458
no, for two reasons.
1/ competition laws. It helps him to have a hapless 'competitor'
2/ it doesn't make a dime and has hardly any worthwhile assets
>>
>>1428474
So its gonna be Brother Uso vs. Big Money Jimmy?
>>
i hope trump wins so he can kick out all these mudslimes out of usa.
>>
>>1428461
This, though he has zero reason to buy it now.

If they go under and the library is sold off without a tv deal, like WCW, I'd bet me life he buys it in a heart beat. If WCW was only valued at a few million, TNA will be pocket change.

>>1428489
2/ it doesn't make a dime and has hardly any worthwhile assets

Thats the thing about having networks, you have to fill it with content. Networks buy things like old film catalogs and cartoon libraries at a loss all the time in order to have content. Thats what made Ted Turner. Its also the reason studios, including WWE, make all those terrible movies that you never see and wonder how they make money. Cable networks, and now streaming ones as well, buy that stuff as content filler. It doesn't pull Avengers cash, but it does make money in the long run.
>>
>>1428528
This kinda reminds me of Loot Crate in which you a buy a bunch cheap dollar store stuff all in one box
>>
In all seriousness though I'm kinda curious as to what you guys think about what Vince must feel about TNA

I mean it's obvious he doesn't like talking about them but you know he's fully aware of their existence
>>
>>1428461
>tape library

what's the point of this? didn't even know there is such thing as a tape library.
>>
>>1428563
He thinks of TNA the same way he thinks of Jeff Jarrett
>>
>>1428489
I mean if it's easily accesible on the network among all the other ppvs, I'm sure more than a few people would be interested in checking out stuff like Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles...Because trust me, it's amazing.
>>
File: John_profile2011.jpg (547KB, 500x434px) Image search: [Google]
John_profile2011.jpg
547KB, 500x434px
>>1428474
Papa Johns
>>
>>1428458
I don't think he will do it, even for the video catalog. TNA would have to give WWE a bigger run for their money for him to be interested. IF they go under I can see him taking advantage of the situation though.
>>
>>1428570
TNA owns the rights to the film of their shows. Vince can pay them American dollars and secure the rights to this film. He can then put this film "On Demand" on his own WWE Network, a subscription video on demand service.
>>
I don't even think he would buy the video library unless it was absurdly cheap. Even then he might just not give a fuck about it.

I can't imagine there's much demand for it. Even though I liked TNA for a while.
>>
>>1428474
>Better writers
The writers aren't, errr, ok TNA's writers are better but they are made to look better because TNA wrestlers are given material and allowed to put it into their own words. WWE wrestlers have to stick to every word of their script or they are punished.
>>
>>1428683
Nobody wants to see those "films", Panjeet. This isn't WCW or ECW we are talking about.
>>
>>1428528
>Thats what made Ted Turner.
Pro-wrestling, The Atlanta Braves, and making every program start at :05 when every other channel was going to commercial is what made Ted Turner.
>>
>>1428458
Tape library
>>
>>1428974
That's just your personal opinion and even if it were true it's not really the point anyways. The more content that's on the WWE Network, the more it's worth the asking price.
This is the same reason they make bottom tier original programming for it, despite nobody seemingly giving much of a shit.
>>
>>1428974
TNA has like 14 years of AJ Styles career or some shit

If WWE want to make AJ one of their "boys" they want that library tbqh

Also a lot of Senior Joe
>>
File: Glenn_CLose_Cruella_De_Vil_16.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Glenn_CLose_Cruella_De_Vil_16.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>1428458
>BROTHER NERO
>>
>>1428974
I dunno, TNA has had a few good matches. Not as high a proportion as most other promotions have, and fewer ever since Dipshit Dixie started shlicking to the thoughts of being ganged up on by the entire nWo and decided to.put that fantasy into her wrestling show, but some. They used to have amazing talent, so I assume some old, say, AJ Styles matches would be worth something to Vince.

Besides, we're talking about Vincent Kennedy McMahon here. Vince wouldn't rest until he replaced wrestling with sports entertainment, and he won't rest as long as anyone in sports entertainment or any related field is holding out against his monopoly, because his physically abusive stepfather and sexually abusive mother left him with a deep sense of humiliation that he's never managed to shake, so that he feels like he needs to prove his power by any means necessary. Buying and cannibalizing TNA would help him do that for about as long as it takes for the high to wear off.

But Dixie Carter is too stupid and stubborn to give up her place, and Bob and Janice, who actually own the company, desperately want to keep their retarded daughter away from the money-making Panda Energy, which she would probably otherwise try to get herself into but for having her own little pro wrestling playground. They wouldn't let Jeff Jarrett buy it from them unless he agreed to leave Dixie in her place as the head of the company, and unless their finances take a turn for the worse for reasons not related to Dixie's provable lack of business acumen or anything recognizable as good sense, they wouldn't let Vince buy it like that either.
>>
>>1429021
TL;DR
>>
>>1429021
TLDR

Vince won't buy it unless it is super cheap. He won't be in a bidding war for it.
>>
>>1428974
>decade of Kurt Angle matches
>over a dozen years of AJ Styles + Samoa Joe

And that's just for starters...
>>
>>1429023
>>1429027
Tape library would be the business excuse, the real reason would be that Vince is a psychopath with a chip on his shoulder, Bob and Janice Carter wouldn't sell unless their daughter dies in a car crash. That's the most I can boil the points down. But you have a point in saying that Vince would want the price to drop anyway.
>>
>>1429023
>>1429027
> Im as mentally equipped as a 5 year old.
>>
File: nerd.jpg (16KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
nerd.jpg
16KB, 400x300px
>>1429041
>I enjoy reading
>>
>>1429021
>and sexually abusive mother
hot
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.