[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did it all go wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: MITB-2016-Ladder-Match-Photo[1].jpg (161KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
MITB-2016-Ladder-Match-Photo[1].jpg
161KB, 1600x900px
>the most high-flying spot in this year's MITB match was a shitty-looking axe handle
>the three-ladder setup went absolutely nowhere
>no climax whatsoever, the match felt like it was just getting started and then simply ended abruptly
>no broken ladders, no crazy high spots, no real good bumps apart from Owens'
>the literal garbage fucking meme wrestler took up five whole minutes of the match with his contrived, suspension of disbelief-breaking bullshit
>based Del Rio and Jericho having to carry the whole fucking match by themselves and taking almost all of the rough bumps
>the finish was Owens lamely falling onto a ladder in a boring filler spot that would have happened in the first five minutes of an actual good MITB match but which was the grand finale in this godawful shitty one
>Dean "the meme" Ambrose won
Ten years ago, at Wrestlemania 22's Money in the Bank match, Ric Flair took a goddamn superplex off the top of a ladder at 57 years old. This year, everyone was playing with kid gloves and the match was boring as fuck as a result. What happened?
>>
PG happened

Also, the match was way too short and I expected way more extreme spots. Sadly, fucking nothing happened.
>>
>>1399236
Considering the caliber of guys in the match, it did kinda underwhelm.
Just WWE being watered-down in general, I guess.
>>
>>1399236
Ladder matches are generally shit now due to the talent not taking as many bumps. The Mania match and that tag match at TLC were exceptions to the rule, unfortunately.
>>
File: 1462164143129.jpg (12KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
1462164143129.jpg
12KB, 296x296px
Can't do anything that children might be able to imitate because that is their target audience

Health and safety nannying means wrestlers can't risk possibly getting hurt anymore

The fucking state of WWE
>>
>>1399236
Kevin Owens thinking he is good and not shutting the fuck up in the ring.
>>
>>1399248
>wrestling is basically about hurting others and getting hurt yourself
>oh yeah let's almost remove it completely lmao
>WHY ARE THE RATINGS GOING DOWN
>>
>>1399236
they've had so many of these dumb multiman ladder matches that it's hard to innovate anymore
>>
>>1399248
Look, I don't want these guys to fucking kill themselves or get injured but ultimately they are out here to entertain. If you're not going to entertain because everything you do is so watered-down and dull, why bother getting into the ring in the first place? Wrestling is inherently not-PG, no matter how much you dilute it. You could cripple someone with a simple fucking clothesline--are you going to ban that, too? Ban everything until you eventually remove the whole ring and just have two hours of promos every night? Besides, a move like that is a million times easier for kids to imitate than a complex spot involving ladders and a wrestling ring. It's just stupid. If you're not going to allow high spots in a match designed for high spots, why have the match at all?
>>
Deanetty proved he's fucking shit and has a worse moveset than Roman.
>>
>>1399274
>CHOP PUNCH CHOP PUNCH CHOP PUNCH
>rebound clothesline
>that one forearm where his opponent is leaning on the turnbuckle and he runs towards the one on the opposide side, rebounds with one food from the lower turnbuckle and then runs at his opponent
>one of the shittiest suicide dives in history
>finished is a fucking DDT that never looks like it connects his opponent's head with the mat

Only move of him that I kind of like is the top turnbuckle elbow he drops on a standing opponent.
>>
>>1399278
>one food
foot*

inb4 haha kevin stop posting any time
>>
>>1399268
This.

Wrestling is about people resolving their problems with violence... ¿How the fuck could that be for childs?
>>
>>1399268
As much as I agree, you have to understand that not everybody holds your or my standards.
People were eating that shit up last night and chanting "this is awesome".
The fan-base dig it, and readily buy into it. From a WWE-perspective, why exert yourself and endanger your talents when you literally don't need to?
>>
>>1399236
Should have put RVD as 7th man for some awesome spots to keep it interesting
>>
>>1399299
Current RVD doesn't offer anything that Zayn, Cesaro or shit, even Owens couldn't bring much better.
The problem was just them being way-too-safe.
>>
>>1399236
I think everyone's a little too scared for big bumps with the split coming up. They can't afford to have a weak roster when that happens.
>>
Only good spots were Zayne and Owens doing finish shit to each other Iadders.
>>
That Michinoku Driver to the side of the ladder became extra brutal in context of how nothing the rest of the match was.
>>
People were actually going for the case instead of setting up spots you goddamn morons. MUH BUMPS! They told a great story.
>>
>>1399333
>six guys simply trying to win the match constitutes a great story
Kill yourself. Match had terrible pacing and no story. It started, proceeded, and ended with a whimper.
>>
>>1399278
>elbow he drops on a standing opponent.
Even that was shit last night when he did it to Cesaro
>>
>>1399236
Don't forget
>meme train to opponents in the corner
>canonmeme to opponents in the corner
EVERY match that those 2 guys are in. I love Cesaro and KO but they need to stop with this meme wrestling.
>>
>>1399382
it was. Dean basically did nothing for the whole match and he won it

I hope he does some new shit since he's a champ
>>
>>1399396
He didn't even hit it. He just stopped caring in midair. He's the safest lunatic in wrestling.
>>
>>1399331
It looked fucking brutal too because of the way/where he landed.
>>
>>1399414
Zayn actually planted him perfectly. Distributed the weight across a small surface area well enough that it wouldn't fuck him up.
>>
>>1399423
It was actually Kevin's flabber that protected him and cushioned the landing.
>>
>>1399423
Yeah but I mean the way he sort of half slid off so it looked like he was in a really uncomfortable position. Unlike the exploder suplex he took at mania which looked particularly painful.
>>
What did happen to the 7th participant on the MITB match? There was only 6 and the unknown one was never announced.
>>
>>1399236
It was very bad. If the network cost actual money I wouldn't pay for it
>>
>>1401865
$120 a year isn't exactly a coffee and a lollipop, my man.
>>
File: 10-Dollar-a-month.png (380KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
10-Dollar-a-month.png
380KB, 600x451px
>>1401865
Ikr
>>
meme indie shitters
>>
>>1399278
>that one forearm where his opponent is leaning on the turnbuckle and he runs towards the one on the opposide side, rebounds with one food from the lower turnbuckle and then runs at his opponent

This is literally one of the worst things I've ever seen a wrestler do. The way he does the rebound looks so fucking weird and unathletic.
>>
Every single match on this PPV seemed like it wasn't as good as it should have been.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.