[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are submission finishers dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1442062075204.jpg (30KB, 456x352px) Image search: [Google]
1442062075204.jpg
30KB, 456x352px
Are submission finishers dead?
>>
no, just out of fashion because they don't look REALLY STRONG on video games.
>>
>>1383514
This, you guys played ufc 2 but? that's how you make a submission look strong.
>>
>>1383512
They might as well be. It's disappointing, because most of my favourite finishing moves are submission holds, but these days, tap outs never feel exciting enough. Compare when Jack Swagger puts in the Patriot Lock to when Kurt Angle held the World Heavyweight Championship. Only Based Rusev can make it look painful like with what he did with Kalisto but c'mon, a camel clutch? Not the most glamorous finisher.
>>
>>1383512
Yeah, except in the women's division where there are too many with submission finishers.
>>
Maybe if you only watch WWE...

>>1383534
Accolade isn't just a Camel Clutch anymore, it's got a Bodyscissors now
>>
Sharpshooter used to be a finisher now it is a shit move for them to have a break and catch their breath.Bret Hart must be rolling in his grave
>>
>>1383650
Did anyone ever get out of the sharpshooter back in the day (not counting passouts or time limits)? The only one that comes to mind is Davey at SummerSlam but he just got to the ropes. Did anyone ever reverse it?
>>
>>1383678
Bret reversed it from Owen at WrestleMania X
>>
>>1383678
iirc nobody ever got out of Bret's sharpshooter.
>>
>>1383678
didn't Bret and Shawn have a match where they reversed Sharpshooters into Fig-4's and back again?
>>
>>1383678
When I started watching in '00 it was already a non-finisher that people got out of all the time, Rock and Austin both used to use it.
>>
>>1383678
Shamrock used his roid muscles to power out of it
>>
>>1383684
>>1383692
I should've put Bret specifically is what meant.
>>
>>1383693
Ken shamrocks ankle lock was literally the most powerful finished in attitude era. It was like less than 10 seconds and 100% tap out rate
>>
>>1383512
yeah they just let anyone crawl out of those so it´s more like a cheap pop/rest hold that ends up in a disappointment. They could´ve made it huge by letting people end a match with it but only thing they qualify as finishers now are crazy jumps or blindsighted suprise shots which arent really wrestling but they look physical and do no real harm to wrestlers
>>
Active main roster guys with submission finishers:

>AJ Styles (Calf Crusher)
>Alberto Del Rio (Cross Armbreaker)
>Braun Strowman (Lifting Arm Triangle Choke)
>Cesaro (Sharpshooter & Crossface)
>Chris Jericho (Walls of Jericho)
>Jack Swagger (Patriot Lock)
>John Cena (STF)
>Rusev (Accolade)
>Sami Zayn (Koji Clutch)
>>
>>1383512
Yes. I fucking hate this 'struggle in painful submission for 5 minutes then escape' shit that is so common now. Finishers should be tap outs within 15-20 seconds 9 times out of 10.
>>
None of them look painful. Rusev accolade did on Kalisto, but other than that they have evolved into filler moves.
>>
File: becky crippling bayley.gif (2MB, 330x164px) Image search: [Google]
becky crippling bayley.gif
2MB, 330x164px
>>1383512
Mostly, especially within the male division. Seems every woman in WWE has a submission finisher though.

>>1384036
The dis-arm-her can look pretty good
>>
File: nxtto_bkyn_photo_028-3393634653.jpg (104KB, 1284x722px) Image search: [Google]
nxtto_bkyn_photo_028-3393634653.jpg
104KB, 1284x722px
yes but it appears to be mostly the experienced guys

zach sabre jr is a young guy who basically only does submissions
>>
>>1383780
The majority of those submissions haven't ended a match in quite some time.
>>
>>1383780
Every one of Rusev's wins in the past few months have been with the Accolade.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.