[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Undertaker's retirement is close at hand.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: wwf_wrestlemania9_taker.jpg (35KB, 735x553px) Image search: [Google]
wwf_wrestlemania9_taker.jpg
35KB, 735x553px
But should the WWE retire the character?
It sounds retarded, but people always talk about "the next undertaker" in people like Bray Wyatt and Finn Balor.
What if they just doubled down on the supernatural aspect of The Undertaker, and did a soul transfer angle?
Is it do-able? Or is it just completely asinine?
Will there ever be another Undertaker?
>>
I think it'd work as well as fake Diesel or fake Razor Ramon did.

The Undertaker isn't like James Bond. I mean, sure, the Undertaker's a character in the WWE universe but the character can't be separated from the man portraying the character in the way a character like James Bond could be any actor cast in the role.
>>
For a couple of times on this board I've suggested a "Vince McMahon vs. Undertaker" as the final match, perhaps with some kind of "freeing Undertaker's spirit from WWE/McMahons" -angle.

No one would expect any kind of high flying match out of that on, so it would be easy on Undertaker's already strained physique. Plus, it would totally avoid the question of "putting over new talent".

They could even both declare a total "double-retirement from wrestling" after that.
>>
>>1378468

Oh, and to the question of "should the character retire?".

Yes.

Undertaker's character has already gone through so many redesigns over the years (though most not as obvious as the Bikertaker thing) that they should just let it be now.

With all the rehashes and returns, the character is way too firmly tied to Calaway.
>>
>>1378468
This has got to be the dumbest fucking idea I have ever seen as a serious post.
>>
>>1378398
Taker & Kane should do a double retirement at Wrestlemania next year.

>Taker vs Kane 3 at Wrestlemania 33
>Buried Alive match where loser must retire
>They fight epic match and end up in the grave brawling
>they knock each other out and r both lying in grave
>Wyatt family come out and begin to bury both of them
>Bray then sets the top of the grave on fire as lightning/pyro hits it
>we never see Kane or Taker again
>>
>>1378398
It could work but it would have to be many years down the line.
>>
Undertaker should retire as WWE champ.

Beat Reigns or Cena clean at Wrestlemamia for the strap, retire in the middle of the ring during a post match promo, let him go out in front of the WM crowd.
>>
the last time he appears have all the druids come out and when they're all standing there Rollin' starts blaring and he comes out as the biker

then cuts a retirement promo

the end
>>
>>1378727
this please

or make the loser grab the winner to hell to never comeback ffs
>>
>>1378398
By far one of the most over rated wrestlers of all time.
>>
>>1378727
Would actually be the best possible way to have them go out.
>>
>>1378398
Good, for him. Should of retire a lot earlier. Would of kept him mystique intact
>>
>>1378398
Yes, they should retire it. Supernatural gimmicks are corny and out of place in today's WWE. Taker got away with it because of how respected he is and how much he+WWE committed to the gimmick. He is the last remant of the old days and they should die with him.
>>
Undertaker passes on powers to Cena once he beats him at Wrestlemania
>>
>>1378468
Make it a sort of "Dr. Frankenstein v. Frankenstein's Monster" storyline.
>>
>>1378740
That'd never happen because Undertaker is le old school and would want to le go out on your back.
>>
>>1378740
First off, there's no way Undertaker would ever want to have a "retirement ceremony." This isn't pretty boy Ric Flair/HBK we're talking about here, it's Mark Calloway, who lifts 500 lbs at the age of 50 and actually lives up to the Big Evil character. Second, the Undertaker doesn't need the strap. He's had runs before, and he's deserved them, but Taker is unique in that his character can be completely over as a main eventer with no need for any title in the picture.
>>
While we're on the subject, what is your favorite Undertaker theme song? My favorite is "Ain't No Grave" from his Wrestlemania 27 period. It really brought out the "rural evil on a dusty Texas road" art of his character.
>>
>>1378468
>Plus, it would totally avoid the question of "putting over new talent".

What the fuck "question" is this?

If somebody's going out, they put somebody over.
>>
File: wyatt-summons-lightning.jpg (27KB, 801x476px) Image search: [Google]
wyatt-summons-lightning.jpg
27KB, 801x476px
>>1378895
I agree for the most part, but I've always hoped that supernatural gimmicks would come back. I marked out like crazy when Bray summoned Undertaker's lightning. I think a supernatural angle COULD be done in the modern day, but I doubt WWE could do it without making it the worst shit.
>>
Bray finishes Taker off, keeps his own name and theme (trying to give him Taker's would be dumb), but Bray adds the throat slash and Tombstone to his set. y/n
>>
>>1378727
>>1378924
>>1378955
>>1378398
Why are you even mentioning Bray Wyatt? He sucks and his character has been buried to death with all of his family (and for good reasons IMO).

Giving him the Undertaker win wouldn't accomplish nothing else, he's done
>>
>>1378921
YOU'VE DONE IT NOW
>>
>>1378922
>What the fuck "question" is this?
>If somebody's going out, they put somebody over.

Except when they don't. A lot of farewell matches have just been among big stars, with no "putting over" done or needed whatsoever.
>>
File: 1359199876904.jpg (88KB, 539x681px) Image search: [Google]
1359199876904.jpg
88KB, 539x681px
>>1379004
>>
>>1379006
Just because WWE has done it before doesn't mean it should be done in the future.

>>1378989
Mark Henry spent 15 years being functionally irrelevant before he became one of the most powerful monster heels in WWE history.

>for good reasons IMO

Your opinions are shit.
>>
>>1379042
Mark Henry was always somewhat relevant and had "The World Strongest Man" gimmick to give him some credibility ever since he entered the WWE and is way more likeable than the Duck Dynasty family
>>
>>1378398
He should have retired with the streak intact, and for his final match, let him put someone younger over ffs.. It was totally wasted on Lesnar. He was already elevated. Someone like a Rollins could have done with it, his reign was mired in overexposure in promos and underexposure in the ring
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.