[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel as though steel cage matches have lost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: J2s17.jpg (76KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
J2s17.jpg
76KB, 642x361px
Does anyone else feel as though steel cage matches have lost their luster since Hell in a Cell (and other similar cage setups) started making appearances? Or are their any recent steel cage matches I should consider checking out?
>>
>>1373429
jericho v ambrose
>>
"Yes"

Last good cage match was Ambrose/Jericho

WWE should just end it. It means nothing anymore in this PG era
>>
Yes they suck
>>
Cage matches have been shite since they ditched the large (blue?) metal frames and replaced them with mesh. Now they do just look like little cells without a roof.
>>
>>1373450
>peebrose match
>good
>>
Steel cage needs to be retired for a while, it's used for every minor feuds blow off match
>>
What's wrong with you plebs? Jerigoat\Deanetty was an absolute abortion of a match.
>>
>>1373500
Kys pleb dweeb manlet
>>
>>1373429
>Implying the hell in the cell isn't the meme match.

Without the blood and the violence what's the point of the match? It's literally never used anymore, it's just a fancier cage to put people in.
>>
>>1373450
>they all suck now since the last good cage match was the most recent cage match
I'm going to a festival this weekend, I need some of what you're having.
>>
I've never liked cage matches Tbh, I literally cringe anytime one is announced. The only reason they're still around is because marks eat that shit up.
>>
Benoit v Angle
>>
>>1373527
DUDE DRUGS XD
>>
>>1373434
>>1373450
You guys are memeing right? That match is widely agreed to be one of the most boring matches of all time.

The Cena v Rollins one from last year was actually pretty good.
>>
THIS IS AWESOME (CLAPCLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP)
>>
Balor vs Joe at NXT Takeover was actually very good
>>
The stupidest shit about cage matches is the fact that you can win by walking out the fucking front door. What the fuck is the point then? Fucking lock that shit
>>
File: vlcsnap-2012-12-30-14h01m10s9.png (576KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-12-30-14h01m10s9.png
576KB, 576x432px
>>1373493
This.

That was actually a fucking cage, and looked like it hurt. The new chain link fence cage is shit.
>>
>>1374221

i agree, it actually seemed imposing.
>>
Taker vs Brock that ended their feud
>>
>>1374222
>Fucking lock that shit
is it locked the ref unlocks it if the wrestler is near the door.
>>
>>1373521

Yea but the Jerigoat bump at the end was sick
>>
File: 18sec.png (246KB, 421x386px) Image search: [Google]
18sec.png
246KB, 421x386px
Cage matches have been shit for years, but all WWE stipulations are formulaic and rarely take advantage of the props. Cage matches even moreso because they watered the rules down for years adding the clauses about the door and pinfalls and escaping, it gets confusing what the WWE cage rules even are.

Plus they feel cramped, your view is obstructed, a ton of space for potential spots is cut out. And with the limitations on high spots, you'll get only 1 or 2 big high flying sequences per match. It's depressing how watered down, simple and generic things are now.
>>
>>1374247
It didn't make the previous 25 minutes any better.
>>
Cages are fine provided they getbused sparingly. If we were still atiitude era/pre-pg I would suggest making a smaller cage (the super old school ones that fit between ropes) for real intense brawls just to mix things up. I don't think the cell killed it. I do believe the Elimination Chamber has done both much damage though. The hype video talking about how it's constructed and having areas with steel flooring to bump on make the other cages seem considerably less impressive than they should appear

(Fuck off with the bulletproof meme glass that gets broken erryday thou)
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.