[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stone Cold Steve Austin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

What went right?
>>
>>1370401
Trips fucking up
>>
>>1370401

1. Curtain call.
2. Nash and Hall making wrestling cool for the first and only time.
>>
Super cool character that was the most morally ambigious of any up to that point in wrestling. Fantastic wrestler both before and after he broke his neck. Great ring psychology. Knew how to tell a story in the ring.

Overall, all the right elements came together for the Austin character
>>
>>1370410
hello nWoWolfpacTV2016
>>
guy who only wanted to be a wrestler became the greatest of all times

Vince being forced to drop the PG/big guys crap or go out of business
>>
>>1370401
Nash and Hall revolutionising the business and allowing guys like Stone Cold to realise their potential
>>
>>1370442
hello nWoWolfpacTV2016
>>
>>1370401

Austin 3:16 promo on "recovering" addict at Milwaukee PPV
>>
Probably the best promo ever.
Great talker.
Iconic look and name.
Believable worker.
Had the greatest heel of all time to foil.
>>
Beat his wife
Balding
Cursing
>>
>>1371822
Its nothing she didn't deserve coz that's the bottom line coz stone cold said so
>>
This awkward public therapy session where wife-beater Austin projects / works out his feelings of guilt over battering Debra McMichaels by accusing her IRL friend Scott Steiner of beating women to feel strong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oirMH539470

I like Austin, but this is excruciating. I also noticed that any time Scott Steiner's name comes up on the Stone Cold podcast he is much more guarded and careful with his words. Not sure if there is some genuine animosity there or not...
>>
>>1372548

DRINK BEER
>>
>>1372593
BEAT DEBRA
>>
BAH GAWD LOU THESZ PRESS ON DEBRA
STONE COLD IS STUMPING A MUD HOLE
>>
>>1372593
>>>/wooo/
>>
Being thrown out of WCW which gave Steve the motivation to make his character a badass redneck

/thread
>>
>>1372648
It really wasnt that instant. Sure he cut a very Stone Cold like promo in ECW, but when he went to WWF he wasnt the Austin we'd come to know for quite a while.

He was the ringmaster for a brief period, and even after he was stuck with Ted Dibase for a while and didnt cut his own promos.
>>
Honestly, the middle finger.

It's so simple yet it always received a pop. It's something people want to show to someone they dislike, which Austin did.

>captcha : 316
>>
There was a lot that went into Austin
The WCW and ECW failures
The Curtain Call giving him the KotR where he cut the 3:16 promo and broke free on the ring master
the Double Turn at WM13
and of course the Montreal Screwjob turning Vince into the biggest shoot heel of the company and someone the recently face turned anti-authority Stone Cold could face off against.
If even one of these things were different we may not have ever had a Stone Cold.
>>
>>1372602
She's a human being,dammit!
>>
>>1372701
Austin was hugely over long before the Montreal Screwjob though...
>>
>>1372737
But without the screwjob to launch Vince as a Heel, Austin would have been bereaved of his defining adversary (Rock was the second).
There's a good reason why they view the Rock as the template for success going forward. Austin was a maelstrom, a whirlwind of so many factors that simply can't be replicated. From his experiences in the mercenary-like territories, to his failed endeavors in other companies, the climate, the competition, everything swirled together to make him.
With the current field, he literally couldn't be remade. So many off-chances went into Austin.
>>
>>1372740
Exactly.
It's why when Roman was going Austin on Haitch it didn't work.
First off because Hunter was actually trying to help Roman but Roman said 'Nah Fuck you.' over and over, even fucking attacking the guy unprovoked, second because Hunter has been spending most of his recent years giving us a better product than 'The Roman Show' called NXT that we enjoy.
Autsin/Vince worked so well because the entire wrestling world hated Vince for the Screwjob, and that gave Austin the ultimate foil. The man in charge who everyone hated
1 v a company, and he was going to raise hell win or lose
>>
>>1372703
>females
>human beings
sure
>>
File: jim-cornette.jpg (24KB, 288x361px) Image search: [Google]
jim-cornette.jpg
24KB, 288x361px
Stunning Steve Austin will be a huge success for the WWF and will receive the adoration of millions, provided he never change his gimmick!
>>
>>1372751
There's also a vast difference in how Austin and Reigns are portrayed.

Austin resonated with crowds because he was portrayed as an average Joe. Just a beer drinking, foul mouth, blue collar kind of guy who was being beaten down by their power hungry boss and he wasn't gonna take it anymore. That resonated with the 90s crowd, who were becoming more and more cynical and leaving behind the ultimate overcomer, good Christian boy archetype that ruled the 80s.

Reigns is portrayed as this super strong beast, but we're also supposed to take him seriously as an underdog when he seldom ever loses. People don't want Hulks or Cenas anymore, they want actual fun characters that they can get behind. It's hard for anybody but kiddos to get behind a guy who gets thrashed around, gets up and no sells and then hits his 4 or 5 moves then ends the match. People were tired of Roman's archetype almost 3 decades ago when they started losing steam on the Hulkster. Keeping it up in 2016 is just one more show that Vince has been left behind in the industry.
>>
>>1372769

People hadn't lost steam on the Hulkster even ten years ago.
>>
>>1372793
18+.

It's the whole reason he got turned heel and why Vince attempted to replace him in the first place. People started to hate that archetype, you're looking at him getting some pop and cheers like 10 years after he's stopped being active and saying that people like it. There's a definitive difference between people liking it in small doses and hating it when you're the face of the franchise and all you can do is talk about eating vitamins and saying prayers and nothing you say resonates with the crowd anymore.

There's a reason all his appearances after he stopped actively competing were kept to coming out and hitting some guys and keeping his mic time to 20 words or less.
>>
>>1372793
I get that you're too young to remember the early/mid-90s anon but that's no reason to pretend they didn't exist
>>
>>1370401
Bret Hart making him a megastar
>>
>>1372769
It's not even that i feel. Its that Austin or The Rock, or even Mr. McMahon felt genuine. I think it was Christian who once said that the best type of character is someones genuine persinality exagerated to the max. So Austin really is a beer drinking guy who doesnt like bullshit, so its very easy for the more exagerated in ring character feel genuine. Vince is really an egomanical businessman, so its easy for him to get into that role, and so on.

Reigns though, he isnt that guy. He isnt a badass, no matter how hard WWE try to sell him as one. Thats the major issue for me. I just dont buy it. I actually feel bad for Reigns, ive seen him cut off air promos after Raw where he goes off script and speaks for himself, and he actually seems like a pretty cool dude.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.