[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A little help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nd0r7vMFda1tfrx5ho1_400.gif (2MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nd0r7vMFda1tfrx5ho1_400.gif
2MB, 360x202px
Tldr:anyone know some shoulder strengthening exercises?

So, I'm doing judo, and I've hit a wall. I can do left-handed Kata guruma perfectly fine. (I'm left-handed BTW) However, when I attempt right-handed (pic related) I fuck it up. It feels like I run out of gas with my right arm as it is coming up, and I doing have the power to lift and place my opponents body in the correct position.
Does anyone know of exercises that will build strength for that particular motion?
>>
>>1359251
you can touch the leg in Judo again?
>>
>>1359583
No
>>
>>1359251
With a right hand kata guruma, your right hand should only come up to assist the actual final throw. Getting your opponent in the correct position is done by getting yourself in the correct position: unbalance and pull with left hand as you shoot in. The function of your right hand is to secure and hold the leg, not to lift your opponent.
>>
>>1359987
I totally get that, and my left-handed kata guruma is fine, but on right i don't feel stable after the wheel motion has started. In fact, right arm and right leg feel like they are weak in that particular motion, which is why I'm wondering if there is something I can do to add strength and stability during that.
>>
>>1363321
If it's not muscular imbalance, it could just be a psychological thing.
>>
>>1363342
I'm inclined to agree with this. There's probably a few details you're getting wrong. A few centimetres can make all the difference.
>>
Bump. Judo threads are good threads.
>>
>>1359251

Google how to do 'Power Cleans and Press', hit a gym and do this on top of your weekly training:

>5x5 for a month
>8x3 for a month
>5/4/3/2/1 (with increasing weight until you hit your max) and then 4 more reps with max. Stay at the same weight and add another max rep per session until you are doing 5/4/3/2/10x1 before adding 2.5kg and starting again.
>3xweek, rest a minimum of 2min between sets, this will take a max of 25 minutes, start with the bar, and add weight when you hit 5 or 3. Can only do 3 or 2 reps next session? Stick at that weight until you hit 5/3.

This is an old school, pre steroid, basic template for the C&Press. Do this for a year and when you're pressing 70+kg overhead you'll have no trouble doing anything as an amateur.

Source: National champion in an Anglo country whose career was cut short by injury. Now coaching at a high level.
>>
Tldr: my shoulder is fucked

A dojo partner referred me to an orthopedic doctor and after x-rays determined that there is bone on bone contact in my shoulder during the last part of the motion.
The doctor has given me a set of exercises that he calls brachiating exercises.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.