[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he the greatest top draw heel of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: ironsheik_1337014429.jpg (54KB, 588x341px) Image search: [Google]
ironsheik_1337014429.jpg
54KB, 588x341px
>>
Him and his Russian yes
>>
>>1358321
Transitional champ only , Piper was top heel before MDM and Andre.
>>
>>1358321
Kevin Sullivan in Florida.
Terry Funk except ECW.
>>
Andre, obviously.

People would turn up to see someone like the Sheikh or Piper getting a beat down - but arguably that means that at least a part of the draw was the other guy, who they wanted to administer the beating.

Andre just drew because he was a freak of nature, whether as a heel or a face.
>>
>>1359840
> outlaw wrestling

>>1359854
18+
Andre was a face for the vast majority of his career
>>
File: broken matt.jpg (87KB, 444x448px) Image search: [Google]
broken matt.jpg
87KB, 444x448px
>>1359859
>whether as a heel or a face.
>>
>>1359861
He's technically correct tho. He spent like 15 years as a baby face and only went heel in his final years, probably not enough time to be the all time draw leader for heels when others did it for almost as long as Andre was face.
>>
File: Y2J.jpg (51KB, 480x353px) Image search: [Google]
Y2J.jpg
51KB, 480x353px
>>1359869
>Did Andre draw as a heel? Yes
>Is this a thread about big draw heels? Yes.
>Did the first post to mention Andre describe him as both a face and a heel? Yes.

>Trying this hard to not have a civil conversation with other adults.
>>
>>1359869
In the brief time he spent as a Heel, he was a bigger draw than any other Heel.
Conceptually, this isn't difficult.
>>
>>1359872
The only one not being civil is you, it's okay to be wrong man.

>Thread about top heel draw of all time
>Say a guy who was face for 15 years probably wasn't the top heel draw of all time.
>Stop being mean! Pointing out flaws in my argument triggers me.
>>
>>1359873
Thank you. That was exactly my point.
>>
Sgt Slaughter Iraqi sympathizer
>>
>>1359869
He turned face again at WM6
>>
>>1359874
Are you talking cumulatively? Because in that case, it might be someone fully shit but with staying power like Abdullah the Butcher (or, yeah, even The Sheikh).

But in terms of the biggest ticket heel attractions, it's Andre. Maybe "spooky first edition" Undertaker; but he was never really a heel because he was so cool.
>>
>>1359884
I assume by all time he means accumulative. Which is why I don't think it's Andre, given guys who could draw who were heel longer have him beat in longevity.

In terms of holy shit I want to see that guy wrestle nobody beat Andre, I'm not dense. But in terms of I hate this guy and want to see him bleed I don't think he beats guys like sheikh or trips who were draws and heels 99% of their careers.
>>
Obviously Ric Flair
>>
>>1358321
Sheikh was stabbed by some fans, his family was threatened, and roaring boos followed him whenever he appeared, so yeah. He's the greatest heel.
>>
>>1358321
Yeah, he worked the Arabian gimmick during the Reagan era back when kayfabe was still alive. I am old enough I actually saw him wrestle live in the 80s and the level of hatred was almost physically like a shove to the chest when he came out. Especially when him and Volkoff would demand people rise for the Russian anthem, holy jesus.
The closest thing to that I have experienced live in the PG era, weirdly enough, is Vicky Guerrero.
>>
>>1358321
Yeah.
>>
>>1360062
Muhammad Hassan was nuclear too as was the original Shiek. (iron was better)
>>
Ole Anderson
>>
The (Original) Shiek
>>
>>1358321
Individual or do tag teams count?
Fabulous Freebirds were literally like printing money for over a decade.
>>
File: 1308711267677.jpg (96KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1308711267677.jpg
96KB, 400x400px
Fuck I love Sheiky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J2-KqnSXso
>>
In the 70's it was the Sheik. He was the only heel that was a special attraction (like a Mil Mascaras or an André the Giant for the faces), drew huge houses in Detroit and L.A.
Ernie Ladd, Billy Graham and Ivan Koloff are the only heels who fucked Vince Sr. for money because of how important they were.
>>
>>1359859
He was always a heel in Japan. Also in Iraq where Adnan Kaissey wrestled him.
>>
>>1359880
Slaughter was a heel in Crockett and early WWF.
>>
>>1363839
Sheik also worked for Dick the Bruiser in Indiana and booked Toronto for the Tunneys. He got around.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.