[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the move to WWE ruin his legacy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: Stang.jpg (192KB, 1401x788px) Image search: [Google]
Stang.jpg
192KB, 1401x788px
Did the move to WWE ruin his legacy?
>>
>>1357904
Lol no. He didn't even have a WWE career, he had barely any matches ever, just a WM showing and a title feud.

His legacy is too big to be ruined, he'd have to go full Hogan or kill someone to ruin anything he's ever accomplished.
>>
>>1357907
>His legacy is too big to be ruined

I don't see how. Sting was barely an A list star. Totally overshadowed by Goldberg in WCW. Even Samoa Joe got louder pops than Sting did in TNA.
>>
>>1357924
I'd say he was a lot like the Undertaker, always big and around main events but never really the top guy for any sizable stretch of time
>>
>>1357904
Kinda
>>
>>1357904
No, it let him retire at the only Hall of Fame that matters. I wish he had a better run, but things don't always happen the way you want.
>>
He jumped ship to the WWE too late, when he spent nearly a decade in TNA he should've left when Christian left.
>>
>>1357924
Stings been batting 1000 since the 80s my man.
>>
>>1357904
If anything did it was his TNA career. WWE made him look better in the promo for 2k15 than his entire time there.
>>
Reminder that Sting won more matches in WWE than God
>>
>>1357924

literally 18+
>>
>>1357904
THAT'S NOT STING
>>
>Doesn't go to the WWF because he knows he'll just get buried
>15 years later decides with his career nearly over, decides to go for the retirement money
>They still bury him

Sting's first appearance was one of the best moments of the decade
>>
>>1357924
Sting was the most over wrestler in the history of WCW, you really don't know what the fuck you're talking about

When he was feuding with the NWO in '97, whenever he showed up to fuck with them during their matches, the crowd would go insane
>>
>>1357904
No but I wish it didn't go the way it went, if he had joined in 2005 or so he could have had a proper run
>>
>>1357924
18+
>>
>>1358229
And they still buried him by having the authority come back the next week. Lolwwe
>>
>>1357904
Yeah.

To many he is a jobber that was only good because he never faces true warriors like the WWE guys
>>
>instead of doing what literally EVERYONE wanted and giving us the Sting vs. Undertaker match before Sting eventually retired
>End up with Triple H vs. sting in another trite as fuck WWE vs. WCW storyline that's overbooked as fuck and makes absolutely no sense in the long run

15 YEARS VINCENT
IT'S BEEN 15 LITTERAL YEARS SINCE YOU BEAT WCW
WE GET IT
YOU WON THE WAR
NO REASON TO USE A BROKEN OLD MAN AND YOUR SON IN LAW TO POUND THIS MESSAGE ACROSS TO US FOR THE 20TH TIME

Fucking hell
>>
>>1358171

This.

That Joker Sting period was just terrible.
>>
>>1358249
18+ joker sting was fucking awesome and Steve shares those sentiments as well
>>
>>1358248
>tfw Sting didn't want to go to the WWE because he was afraid Vince would bury him to complete the burial of WCW
>He was absolutely right.

Vince is infuriatingly predictable.
>>
>>1358183
THAT'S THE VIGILANTE!
>>
>>1357904

the better question is did i plow OP's mom last night?

the answer is yes
>>
File: 1465146131271.png (27KB, 583x589px) Image search: [Google]
1465146131271.png
27KB, 583x589px
>>1357904
>refused signing with WWE for years because of how they destroy WCW alumni
>finally signs
>gets destroyed
>>
>>1357907
He had 3 matches.
And lost 2 of them. The only one he won was a shitty tag match when he made Rollins tap out.
>>
Remember that time Sting could've wrestled Undertaker, but wound up wrestling a strung-out Jeff Hardy for 68 seconds instead?
>>
>>1358126
Seriously he wasted his last few good years in TNA. He would have gotten his Mania match vs Taker if he left TNA like 8 years before he did.
>>
>>1358352
>>1358255
>>1358248
Playing doubles advocate, you never know what they might've had planned for him before he wound up having to retire.

Could've been building up to something at WM32 since they knew that was going to be the one with 100k people at it.
>>
>>1358365
Can you blame him? Everything the Hardys touch turns into meme gold.>>1358365
That match vs Jeff turned out to be the most memorable of Stings entire career.
>>
>>1358393
18+
>>
>>1358381
He could have had good matches from the get go though. Instead Vince did the shit angle because muh WCW is the enemy mentality and made him fight his trademarked WCW guy buryer and Sting finally broke down. Why plan it months and years on when you've got one of the world's few renown superstars left? No reason except to get the 4th or 5th final word in on WCW for daring to challenge him 20 years ago.

In fact I'm glad he waited til he was old and broken down, it spared us from seeing him job for a while before the novelty wore off for Vince.
>>
>>1357904
Nope, only his spine.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.