[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Muhammad Ali couldn't beat Antonio Inoki

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: AliInoki.png (507KB, 891x501px) Image search: [Google]
AliInoki.png
507KB, 891x501px
>In April 1975, at a reception held in the United States, Muhammad Ali was introduced to Ichiro Hatta, president of the Japanese Amateur Wrestling Association. Ali characteristically bragged to Hatta: "Isn't there any Oriental fighter who will challenge me? I'll give him one million dollars if he wins". This flippant remark made headlines in Japan, and Ali's challenge was accepted by Inoki, whose financial backers offered the boxer $6 million for the fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO5bJ6J5bIY [Embed]

>In the days leading up to the fight Ali and Inoki's representatives began to renegotiate the rules. A list of restrictions was imposed on Inoki. He would not be allowed to throw, grapple or tackle Ali, and could not land any kicks unless he had one knee on the mat.
>Ali's camp also demanded that the rules not be made public before the fight. Judo expert and US Marine Donn Draeger noted: "The rules have been so seriously modified that the contest is no longer boxing versus wrestling. Unless this were done there would be no way to choreograph the match and make it look convincing. Ali can grapple or punch the man down; Inoki is not allowed to leg-dive or tackle. That latter restriction is the same as prohibiting Ali from jabbing. What a farce!"

>Professional wrestler Bret Hart, then an employee of Inoki's, claimed in his autobiography that "the black Muslims who were backing Ali made it clear that if Inoki laid a finger on their champ, they would kill him. That's why Inoki lay on his back for fifteen rounds, kicking Ali in the shins so as not to use his hands"
>>
File: inok-1a.jpg (19KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
inok-1a.jpg
19KB, 640x480px
>The public, unaware of the restrictions put on Inoki, were critical of his tactics during the fight. During the fight Ali's left leg was badly swollen and bleeding, which led to an infection. He also suffered two blood clots in his legs affecting his mobility for the remainder of his boxing career. At one point amputation was also discussed.
>>
File: chinokiguevara.jpg (18KB, 236x340px) Image search: [Google]
chinokiguevara.jpg
18KB, 236x340px
If only Inoki hadn't become a muslim and went insane trying to keep having shitty worked shoot fighting feds.
>>
>>1353481
Still, Inoki did more for the world of fighting sports than Ali accomplished.
>>
>>1353484
i agree

i dont support niggers even if they are my countryman
>>
>>1353552
Has noting to do with the color of his skin. Ali was an asshole and never gave back to communities and sports on the level way Inoki did. /pol/ is that way -->
>>
>>1353552
18+
>>
RIP
>>
>>1353564
>>1353599
>Salty niggers

Summer is here
>>
>>1353639
>>
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/muhammad-ali-greatest-all-time-dead-74-n584776

holy fuck
>>
>>1353484
>Inoki did more for the world of fighting sports than Ali accomplished
>implying Inoki actually participated in combat sports

He contributed to popularizing the idea of mixed matches in Japan, but his actual shootfighting credentials and skills are sketchy as fuck. He probably had some catch wrestling chops and looked into other martial arts, but the stuff he promoted was pretty much entirely worked.

Satoru Sayama, Masakatsu Funaki and Minoru Suzuki did more for combat sports in Japan by actually breaking off from pro wrestling and establishing shootfighting orgs that predate the UFC and live to this day. Shooto, Sayama's organization, actually has a country-wide amateur league thanks to collaboration with other gyms where people can get their start on the sport and eventually move on to pro fights. Inoki, at best, brought some attention to the idea.
>>
MEME MAGIC STRIKES AGAIN
>>
He'll be fine
>>
ya killed him op
>>
ITS HAPPENING AGAIN
>>
I don't know if it is wrong to be smiling this much, having posted in this thread while he was still alive and finding him dead shortly after. But seriously, my sides hurt and I can't wait for Inoki to hold a show in honor of his departed fighting brother .
>>
>>1353716
>>1353701
>>1353697
>>1353657
>>1353655
>>1353647
Ali was announced in severe condition hours ago ya fucking kiddies
>>
>>1353720
In fact, the prognosis was pretty bad ever since he was hospitalized. It sucks but not particularly unexpected.
>>
>>1353736
He died. :/ rest in piece him my man.
>>
>>1353720
>ya fucking kiddies
>tripfag
>>
What a sad day today is. May he rest in peace.

F.
>>
>>1353644
>>1353639
>go on site that is the posterchild for everything wrong with the internet
>called one of the most racist sites on the internet
>get triggered by someone being racist

im not even spouting memes, I really think you should find a different site
>>
No need for fighting we don't want another thread to die and be surrounded by all these damn rustleing fags we gotta keep fighting together here my guys
>>
>>1353552
>Haha I totally owned them guys look
>Crickets
>F-fags, you all must be from reddit, everyone come here and be my personal army and laugh with me d-damnit.
>>
>>1353650
THIS

Ever see Inoki's "match" against Willem Ruska? Ruska was an accomplished judoka and Olympic gold medalist (the only person to win the heavyweight AND openweight simultaneously) and would've curbstomped Inoki.

And don't get me started on that "match" with karateka Willie Williams either. Williams was the most feared guy in Kyokushin in the late 70's. The Japanese knew he could pummel any of their guys with ease.

And you're absolutely right about Sayama, Funaki, and Suzuki. Sayama is a massive dickwad, but I respect his work in Shooto. Pancrase came out the same year as UFC and helped transition catch wrestlers into actual combat sports.
>>
>>1353452
I wish anoki killed that muslim nigger. The worst combination ever
>>
>>1353452
Anyone who took a fight with those rules is fucking insane, I can't believe he made them work to his advantage. Ali probably realized how badly he fucked up though when he realized he could just lie on his back and kick him in the shins the entire fight and he couldn't do shit. If the ref wasn't protecting him the entire time he would have had his leg snapped in two. Man should have stuck to boxing because that was pathetic. RIP.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.