[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else legitimately pissed that they took away Rollin's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: curb_stomo.jpg (46KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
curb_stomo.jpg
46KB, 650x365px
Anyone else legitimately pissed that they took away Rollin's curb stomp?

Kids are fucking dumb, but I think they're aware a curb stomp will fucking crush someones skull if they try it.

Even more dangerous moves;
>Balors Stomp
Could cause instant cardiac arrest on chest impact
>Styles Clash
Already broke 2 necks before with it
>Muscle Buster
Ended based Tysons career
>Shattered Dream
A fucking charlie horse knee to the balls, could break your balls before you get a chance to use them
>Superman Punch
Any punch in the right angle could kill someone. It's retarded alone as a "wrestling move"

We should start a petition. Or something.
>>
It got banned 'cause Vince personally doesn't like it.

The "safety" excuse is just lip service.
>>
>>1349441
Looks fucking dumb. They should give it based Big Show, this move isn't for manlets.
>>
Please have sex
>>
>>1349441
Its a shitty move with a retarded setup just like Booker´s T scissor kick.

Good it was banned though pedigree is lame.
>>
It got banned because it looks stupid as fuck and the set up is horrid.
>>
>>1349456
Fuck off faggot, the scissor kick was great.
>>
>>1349456
>>1349457
>these dogshit opinions
>>
File: curbed.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
curbed.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>1349444
u wot
>>
>>1349441
All wrestling moves have the potential to kill if botched.

>Superman Punch
Roman literally misses them every time. Maybe that's why he looks soft because none of his moves actually have much impact.
>>
>>1349441
Half the shit Shinsuke does could kill you with enough force, that curbstomp knee he loves is potentially fatal in itself, not to mention that a kick in the right spot can cause problems.

Undertaker's piledriver is only still around because the man is such a articulate pro at setting it up perfectly each time to make sure the other guy is safe. I think there's still a video of him wrestling at a house show once, and completely stopping the move because he had it set up wrong even though they had gone through a huge great sequence before the finish.

Suplexes and Powerbombs, you set up your neck wrong, the guy doesn't hold it right, the guy sandbags you, any one of those can make these injury machines. Early on, someone tried to sandbag Brock live, he got his neck broke by a powerbomb for his troubles.
>>
>>1349533

https://youtu.be/VR9twoeV-tQ

I don't know if he really sandbagged him though. Why would you sandbag someone who is that strong? Maybe Brock just botched that one
>>
>>1349522
Based Rob definitely sold it the best
>>
File: jessenvince.jpg (14KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
jessenvince.jpg
14KB, 350x233px
>Superman Punch

Why do the referees allow Roman to get away with this, McMahon? Closed fists are illegal, McMahon.
>>
>>1349441

Yes, I am incredibly goddamn pissed over it. I'm sure Vince making Seth replace his 100% safe finisher with the goddamn Pedigree (reminder: jumping into the air to crash down on your knees) had NOTHING to do with his fucking knee exploding.

This company is fucking unbelievable. They fuck up things I wasn't even aware could be fucked up.
>>
>>1349552
Holly said that Brock has the flu or something that day and was pushed by Vince to compete anyway
>>
>>1349552

Holly is a notorious arsehole when it comes to sandbagging, no-selling, taking advantage of people in the ring etc. He'd do just about anything if he thought he could get away with it.
>>
File: 1464731365630.jpg (35KB, 445x604px) Image search: [Google]
1464731365630.jpg
35KB, 445x604px
>>1349441

>no more buckle bomb -> curb stomp combo

yes i am beyond mad
>>
>>1349456
>with a retarded setup
Alberto No Heato's Tree of Woe next please.
>>
>>1349454
and then kill yourself?
>>
>>1349441
It got banned for three reasons.
>easy to do
>particularly dangerous for how easy it is to do
>racist connotations when jimmies google it

Point 2 is the most important. Yes, Balor's gay stomp, or a suplex, or a DDT, they're all just as lethal. But they're not as simplistic and easy to do as stomping on someone's head, and not nearly as violent looking, which is another point of friction with today's PG product.
tl;dr it's not coming back, you should have gotten over it by now. Nobody cares about your tears.
>>
>>1349441
>Balors Stomp
>Could cause instant cardiac arrest on chest impact
Not necessarily
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXngOM-Lp7g
>>
>>1349640
>a DDT isn't easy to do

Considering its origins lie in a legitimate botch it's actually very easy to do.
>>
>>1349737
I didn't say it wasn't easy to do, I said it's not as easy to do as putting your foot on someone's head and pressing down.
>>
>>1349441
Seth said in an interview that they didn't want kids to do it to eachother
>>
>>1349739
>grab head
>fall down
>>
>>1349742
>push down

One step is easier than two.
>>
>>1349743
>person has to get into position
>jump
>place foot on head
>push down
>>
>>1349749
>person has to get into position
>place head under arm
>headlock
>fall down in the correct manner

As opposed to:
>step

It's not an argument, my man.
>>
>>1349762
>person has to fall on their knees to get into the position
>start running to gain momentum
>jump in the air at the right angle
>place one foot on their
>apply force with that foot
>while preparing to land with the other foot
>>
>>1349441
>Kids are fucking dumb, but I think they're aware a curb stomp will fucking crush someones skull if they try it.
You'd be surprised how wrong you are.
>>
>>1349773
This is laughable. You lose.
>>
>>1349773
>all this needless convolution

It's a bad debate tactic.
He is right, though. A curb-stomp is a much more PG-unfriendly mixture of ease-of-use/brutal looks than a DDT.
>>
>>1349773
>Person has to adjust to the Earth's gravitational pull
>Has to angle their knees at the perfect 160 degree angle
>Has to arch their body horizontally and in a sturdy/fixed position
>Needs to wait for the perfect 3 step rebound off of the ropes from a running Seth Rollins
>Needs to wait for the 4th and final step, where Seth Rollins raises his knee in a perfect vertical fashion
>Must adjust their body weight as they fall in accordance with the lowered knee, thereby selling the stomp and creating a noticeable and seamless impact
>Must sell the stomp by rebounding slightly from the canvassed mat and raising their head, just so, for a realistic recoil
Almost rocket science dude.
>>
>>1349552
If you watch, Holly doesn't duck forwards like he should for the powerbomb, and as a result, Brock can't use the momentum to lift him all the way up.
>>
>>1349466
Only if the one receiving it acted well but most didnt therefore it was shit, also >>1349598 needs to go as well.
>>
>>1349441
Always have been, it suited Seth to a T
>>
>>1349441
Yes, it was one of my current favorite finishing moves. I hate that he is still using the pedigree. The move simply doesn't fit him.
>>
>>1349561
Punching has been legal since Austin. Hell most of his move list were punches.
>>
It had a shitty obvious setup. I wish he didn't use Pedigree, but the curb stomp setup was as bad as Del Rios Turnbuckle one.
>>
File: rko-on-rob-van-dam-o.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
rko-on-rob-van-dam-o.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>1349556
He sells everything like its free
>>
. Rollins said that he stopped using the move as "from a PR standpoint ... it was too perceptually violent ... I never hurt anyone with it. It was just something we didn't want kids trying on each other"
>>
File: rvd selling.webm (3MB, 852x478px) Image search: [Google]
rvd selling.webm
3MB, 852x478px
>>1351219
first one is the best ddt sell in history
>>
>>1351545
meant piledriver
>>
>>1349640
They can change the moves name. Hell, he first called it " piece of mind" also has been known as the "black out". No clue why wwe changed it to the curb stomp.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.