[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SACK THEM. SACK THEM ALL.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: TfiBYLD.jpg (61KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
TfiBYLD.jpg
61KB, 600x337px
I just realised that when I am listening to JR, Jim Cornette, and Steve Austin shoot on the industry on their YouTube podcasts, I ACTUALLY ENJOY THE CURRENT PRODUCT.

This is really bad.

I get more pleasure listening to some old dudes getting irate than I do watching "The biggest Wrestlemania in History".

They NEED new announcers. The current lot are not just lacking chemistry with each other, they are lacking the brain chemistry in themselves to call a match and put it over.

Shane v Taker HiaC was a fucking disaster, because Maggle and JBL sounded BORED.

You need new announcers.

I appreciate that in recent months, JBL has put in more effort and has started doing "Old Timer recollection" type things, like "this reminds me of.... back in the day". They should give him a cutaway section behind the scenes, like the Roddy Piper bits, or the Snake Pit. Maggle should just interview wrestlers.

Put some talent back at the announcer table.
>>
>>1335057
What do you mean bored? MC totally sounded legit when he screamed FOR THE LOVE OF MANKIND! totally off the cuff & not planned in any way.
>>
>>1335059
God that was corny. If you're going to rehearse commentary spots, at least take acting lessons first.
>>
>>1335064
Yeah, literally made my stomach turn.
>>
>>1335057

You can have all the talent you want. As long as they're under the same restrictions the current WWE (and particularly RAW/PPV) teams are, shit is going to suck.
>>
>>1335085
Not if they are witty enough to bypass restrictions, which these guys are not.

Whenever someone talks about censorship/compliance I point out the fact that Stephen Fry was able to make a joke where the punchline was basically "Piers Morgan is a cunt" at 6:30pm on the BBC.

Vince ? Piper ? Jesse Ventura / Heenan could all get away with a lot despite the "aimed at kids and families" tone of the 1980s. People just think about King yelping "PUPPIES!!" and think you cannot get excited about the in-ring action without frightening the censors.
>>
>>1335095

You can be as witty as you like. When the boss is feeding you all your lines over the headset, none of that matters.
>>
>>1335102
You're deluded.

If Vince wanted to announce, he would do it himself. That's how he started out. He "calls the shots", but in the role of a producer. If you've not spent time on the studio floor, you may not appreciate how little time you have for anything in a "as-live" taping. He might be able to drop the odd "Make Roman look strong" prompt, but he's not got the time to micromanage dialogue. He's cueing shots, VT packages, commercial breaks, entrances, pyro, <piped-in chants>, etc etc etc.
>>
>>1335109

And yet he does. See any of the interviews with former WWE announcers - they'll always say that Vince was in their ear screaming lines at them.
>>
Who would you put on the desk? Mauro? Graves?
>>
>>1335118
That's part-true, part a work, anon. Work because they are still selling the "Vince is a tyrant" angle, because they know people are interested to hear it.

True, because that is what a producer does. If you work on a golf show, the producer is still jabbering at 100mph non-stop, and the whole floor crew can hear it through their cans. It doesn't mean they are giving word-for-word dictation through the ear piece.

This "Vince is the omnipotent puppet master" meme needs to get a reality check.
>>
>>1335057

if vince micromanages the commentary table to the point of autism, why doesnt he just do the commentary?
>>
>>1335125
Chris Jericho should have a fucking red carpet rolled out for him by management when he quits in-ring, to try and get him behind the announcers desk.
>>
>>1335129
OP here - exactly. (Think you quoted wrong post, but that's my point too. He doesn't feed every line and spot to them).
>>
Have you ever wondered why the commentary on other shows seem okay, but Raw and PPV commentary is awful? It's because they have a 70 year old crazy man freaking out that they accidentally used the word "wrestling" or "belt", screaming in their ears. It doesn't matter who's on commentary, as long as Vince is there in gorilla, than it always be bad.

I'm just hoping Triple H is in gorilla for SmackDown instead come July.
>>
File: what.jpg (95KB, 401x437px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
95KB, 401x437px
>>1335135
>Have you ever wondered why the commentary on other shows seem okay, but Raw and PPV commentary is awful?

>Have you ever wondered why the commentary on other shows seem okay
>>
>watch LU
>Vampiro brings the -back in my day- vibe while overusing the word BROTHER that I don't mind
>Striker memes it up with his overall knowledge
>they seem to have more chemistry with every single new episode
>their voices aren't drilling in your brain
>>
>>1335138

As long as it never results in Vampiro getting back in the ring for regular matches. One gimmick fest was enough.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.