[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stone Cold Steve Austin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1435719802743.gif (4MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1435719802743.gif
4MB, 200x150px
Was he the most over wrestler ever? been watching some 99 raws and some of the pops he gets every week is insane. If you made a list of the top 50 pops in wrestling history he should have about 30 entries on the list.
>>
He is officially the most over guy in WWF/E history, and the biggest merch seller of all time. He tops the list over the likes of Rock, Cean and Hogan.
>>
Yep.

I wasn't even that much of a fan of his gimmick, but I still marked the fuck out for that shattered glass every time. Because although the gimmick wasn't the most inventive thing ever, they used it perfectly nearly every time.
>>
The glass shattering is half the reason hes over desu
Its such an easy thing to mark over
>>
>>1332479
Even Austin getting name dropped is more over than anyone around today
>>
>>1332470
Yes, objectively. It isn't even up for debate. He will never be topped.
>>
>>1332470
>Was he the most over wrestler ever?
Yes. No ifs, ands or buts. Stone Cold was the biggest star in wrestling, where no one has come close to his Austin 3:16 shirt sales and the huge ratings that the WWE popped during the Attitude Era.

Not to mention being known for having the glass shattering, super pop we all know and love.
>>
>>1332560
Are there any numbers for his merch sales? I've seen it range from 10,000,000 over his careers to 12,000,000 shirt sales in just 98
>>
>>1332580
the original Austin 316 shirt sold 10million+ source is Austin on colt cabana podcast
>>
>>1332470
If you ever need proof of how over he was go look up Mankind winning his first title. You can BARELY hear the music or Jim Ross over the cheers. He is proof positive that you don't need to be a Fruity Pebbles, Make a Wish, Be A Star, Susan B Komen spokesperson to be an over Face. You just need a good ass heel to believe said Face wants to screw
>>
Interesting how they tried to bury him immediately after the attitude era ended.

For reference, I consider Brock debuting the beginning of RA
>>
>>1332800
Not really bury, Vince and Steve wanted to try something new, with the heel term (which is generally considered the end of the AE) which hurt Austin, especially with having him tap and even cry. After that they had new stars, like Brock, and old stars coming into the main event, and there wasn't much room for Austin
>>
>>1332470
>Was he the most over wrestler ever?
You shouldn't need to ask this.
18+
>>
Reigns over Austin at Mania.

How hard would you mark?
>>
>>1333073
sorry mate
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GqSNs93dos

no but he was close
>>
>>1332752
Here it is

https://youtu.be/KybuIy0wKXk
>>
>>1335430
Shane O Mack's
>ARGH!!! ARRRRRRGH!!! I HATE HIM!!!
is fucking underrated.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.