[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fucking state of UFC belts compared to wrestling belts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: cain-w-belt-wall-pic-small.jpg (729KB, 3168x4520px) Image search: [Google]
cain-w-belt-wall-pic-small.jpg
729KB, 3168x4520px
I really wanna know what goes thru Dana White's mind as to why he needs to constantly print and re-print multiple copies of the same Championship belts and award them after the end of every championship match

Why? That sounds like a colossal waste of money. You have the one belt why not just carry around that one? I've heard stories that champions just have piles of the same belts just lying on top of each other

This is way different in wrestling. In wrestling, you have two options. You can take a chunk out of your paycheck to carry around the championship (since they have spares in the back pre-made they can give you if the belt they gave you gets lost in luggage) or you can give to Vince to hold onto till your next taping

NOT IN UFC! Way to make your belts look like fucking props.
>>
the belts are trophies. when you win you get to keep it just like other sports
>>
its a trophy that you get to keep, i dont think anyone other than your autistic ass wants just one belt being passed around because its THE belt
>>
>>1331467
You want to fight?

one dirty deeds and you'll be out cold little bitch
>>
File: McGregor-Rockhold-Belts-UFC-194.jpg (99KB, 750x370px) Image search: [Google]
McGregor-Rockhold-Belts-UFC-194.jpg
99KB, 750x370px
why are UFC belts all the same
>>
>>1331475
i can kick your ass manlet nerd
>>
File: superfight belt.jpg (488KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
superfight belt.jpg
488KB, 1024x819px
>>1331477
they didnt used to be
>>
>>1331462
>the belts are trophies.

This is absolutely bizarre
>>
>>1331924
damn that thing is tacky
>>
>>1331927
whats bizarre about it?
>>
File: Dan_Severn.jpg (24KB, 334x265px) Image search: [Google]
Dan_Severn.jpg
24KB, 334x265px
>>1331932
>>
>>1331933
You're not fighting over a championship or being the best in the world anymore you're just fighting over who gets a trophy that night and some extra cash.

If UFC wants to really make money and get competitive with the WWE as a legitimate professional fighting competition it needs to start making belts matter. One belt and more prelims for getting to that belt. Also why is there no tag division in UFC ?
>>
>>1331932
It isn't really any worse than the former Divas title in WWE or the stupid ass Jeff Hardy belt
>>
>>1331938
except they are fighting over the championship and whos the best in the world. the belt is a trophy that you get to keep that proves at one point you were the best in the world
>>
>>1331944
>the belt is a trophy

A belt is not a trophy. That's like you saying a car is a truck. You want a trophy then make a fucking trophy and quit stealing our system but worse.
>>
File: image.jpg (165KB, 736x446px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165KB, 736x446px
>>1331467

Faggot
>>
>>1331938
Ugh boxing does it too. Don't be fucking dense.
>>1331477
Boxing is the same way
>>
>>1331952
im not even gonna try and explain it to you anymore
>>
>>1331957
>>1331954
So why doesn't UFC have a tag division ?
>>
>>1331967
idk but it would be interesting to see
>>
>>1331940
yeah but those are just costume jewelry, I would be pretty disappointed if I was a legit fighter and got such an ugly trophy
>>
>>1331957
You shouldn't have bothered in the first place, you should know better than to argue with manchildren watching gay men fake fight on TV.
>>
>>1331935
Based Severn.
>>
>>1331967
AND HE BREAKS THE COUNT
>>
>>1331940
how does the Jeff Hardy one look?
>>
>>1331379
You need to stop thinking about real sports in terms of pro wrestling.
>>
>>1331967
Bad bait but a small Japanese promotion used to do tag team MMA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhx9CdH_2V8
>>
>>1331935
Greates music ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp7aGkiflwY
>>
>>1331379
>Way to make your belts look like fucking props

The UFC belts are props. Just like the belts in pro wrestling are props. It's the exact same carny shit. It makes it appear as though it's a fight to find out who the best fighter is. But really, the belt is there to justify a fight between the fighters that draw the most money.
>>
>>1335441
Are you implying that every UFC champion isn't at the very least arguably the best fighter in their weight class?
>>
File: Hardy-Omega-2.jpg (2MB, 1815x1210px) Image search: [Google]
Hardy-Omega-2.jpg
2MB, 1815x1210px
>>1334657
underrated

He actually did make a second one though
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.