[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boxing/Punches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1462810409657.jpg (56KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
1462810409657.jpg
56KB, 976x549px
Can I practice boxing at home by myself? I don't want to get into the sport or become competitive or something just practicing throwing the punches. Or will I make more wrong than right?
Note that the alternative to this isn't a box club but not practicing at all. Thanks
>>
>>1326108

Here's how it goes

>copypasta
>everybody doesn't read the copypasta right and argues against things it doesn't say
>people argue it can't be proven right
>people argue it can't be proven wrong
>people ignore attempting logical proofs or they're just too stupid for that
>shitposting
>it doesn't get anywhere every single time
>>
It is in fact possible to learn a martial art and effectively apply it without a teacher and or sparring.

A common myth is that one is unable to perceive the flaws on one's movements when mimicking the movements of a martial art, and that a teacher is required to detect these flaws in form and aid in correcting them.
Detecting the flaws in one's form can easily be done with the utilization of attention to detail and a mirror.
It would take some very severe cognitive impairments and or lack of effort to be unable to do this, given that adiquate information is provided.

Another common myth is that muscle memory is required to apply martial arts, and that one would be unable to participate in combat without getting a gluteus maximus kicking.
One reason people believe this myth is because of how much more quickly humans tend to react to a stimuli with muscle memory rather than conscious reaction time. They fail to understand that this in no way means that conscious reaction cannot be utilized. With higher aptitude for reaction time and or training, one who may have never engaged in hand to hand combat will be able to perform as well if not better than one who has trained muscle memory for hand to hand combat, not to mention how muscle memory can be used in combat if trained with proper knowledge and understanding beforehand.

Experience is only as creditable as how it's interpreted.

Not saying that learning with a teacher isn't almost always more efficient.
>>
>>1326108
>implying your post isn't bait
>>
>>1326129
wow ur so smart
>>
>>1326133
It isn't

>>1326126
>copypasta
This irritates me

>>1326129
Is this baitpasta? I'm not denying that a trainer and muscle memory are useful, I'm saying I have no option to go to a real boxing school right now so I'd guess training with a sandsack is better than never punching ever.
>>
>>1326129
This is absolutely right. There is no doubt this is completely 100% right.

YouTube has so much information you can learn exactly what an instructor would tell you in person for two simple payments of completely free.
Body awareness and ability to pay attention to detail is a part of intelligence. If someone isn't stupid, they can learn technique on their own, just like anyone could learn how to dance on their own, because technique is literally just dancing. If someone isn't intelligent, body awareness and attention to detail are skills that can be learned.

Reaction time is also a part of intelligence, you just have to not be stupid to use it.
All kinds of fighters fight their reflexes all the time during a fight because they could just get faked out all the time if they just let their reflexes run wild.
Fighting isn't all reflexes, it's also a cognitive game.

Mirror neurons.
>>
>>1326144

>It isn't
LIES!

You can't bring nothing to a fight.

If you train alone, and don't pay attention to detail, you risk developing "bad technique."
Even in a gym, paying $200 a month, you risk developing "bad technique" if your trainer can't pay attention to detail. Some trainers don't give a fucking about tiny details, some trainers don't give a fuck about you.
In reality, when it gets down to it, "small details" are just bullshit. Some schools of martial arts teach things one way, others teach them other ways.
It's the basic mechanics that matter, and what you should be paying attention to.

For a majority of people, even highly intelligent people, it's most efficient to develop application of technique through sparring.

Two main parts of combat sports is technique, and application of technique.

Small variations in punches don't really matter as long as you can punch them in the first place.
>>
>>1326153
This guy gets it. You must be a highly intelligent and logical human being who may also be knowledgeable about the human brain.
I bet you're worth of giving lectures in universities, and I bet you have an IQ over 140.
That's really sexy, we should meet up and have sexual intercourse some time.
>>
>>1326144
>Is this baitpasta?
People call it bait, but they're just too stupid to understand why it's the truth.
It also makes them feel insecure about themselves thinking about how other people can be more intelligent, and it also makes them feel stupid for paying hundreds of dollars for things they could've learned online, and then thousands of dollars to learn things over the course of years that they could've figured out themselves if they just stopped being sheep and thought about martial arts on their own instead of eating up whatever their instructors shoved in their mouths, and could've figured out on their own if they just weren't so darn stupid.
>>
>>1326144
>Is this baitpasta?
Some people who call it bait are actually posting bait.
>>
>>1326129
It's obvious that a highly intelligent being, more intelligent than other people, wrote this.
We should all admire, respect, and worship this being.
We should thank the being for bestowing upon us such profound knowledge.
>>
>>1326108
>>1326144
>samefagging
>>
>>1326108
>Note that the alternative to this isn't a box club but not practicing at all
>implying this part isn't specifically tailored bait

In the end, it's about learning what you like, practicing what you like, and having fun doing the things you like with people that you like. You don't even have to like your training partners, but through common interests you are bonded.

There are starving African militia solders that don't have Judo gyms for miles upon miles.
They don't have certified instructors, they don't even have uniforms and belts.
They practice Judo because it's all they have, even if it's not taught by some instructor who's lineage can be traced back to some Japanese virgin, even if it's not taught by someone who didn't bother to get and permission or certification bullshit but wanted to share the knowledge and experience of Judo, or the student of that guy who didn't bother to get permission or certification bullshit but wanted to share the knowledge and experience of judo who also wanted to share the knowledge and experience of Judo and didn't give a fuck about whether or not some old fuck gave him permission.
>>
>>1326108
This place is useless.
>>
>>1326222
>In the end, it's about learning what you like, practicing what you like, and having fun doing the things you like with people that you like. You don't even have to like your training partners, but through common interests you are bonded.
This.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.