[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

about Roman's haters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: B43VGWAIMAER86C.png (250KB, 600x286px) Image search: [Google]
B43VGWAIMAER86C.png
250KB, 600x286px
I see many of the criticisms and I will simply counter with this: a great wrestler has great matches. Reigns has consistently been involved in great matches since he joined the main roster. You can try to explain away those great matches by saying he was with great partners and great opponents, but the one constant in them is Reigns. There have just been far too many over far too great a period of time for theses matches to have been flukes. Yes, he was forced on fans. It resulted in a firestorm of heat. He withstood it, and now is using that to his advantage. Some of you might remember the example set by another young Samoan babyface who was pushed too hard too soon in 1997 and received a major backlash. He too withstood a firestorm of heat, used it to his advantage, and last time I checked, was doing pretty well for himself.
>>
>>1324013
Remember friends, keep bait to 20 words or less.
>>
His only good matches were with Lesnar, Styles and Bryan, all good wrestlers.
>>
>>1324026
this

i genuinely enjoyed the last syles match, although the first was pretty boring. you have to be a shitty wrestler to have a boring match with styles.

even jeanetty's match with haitch was 10x better than the main event at mania
>>
>>1324026
You forgot bray wyatt
>>
>>1324013

The other Samoan got himself over with his mic skills though
>>
File: 1462154571876.jpg (191KB, 1023x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1462154571876.jpg
191KB, 1023x1600px
>>1324013
I agree he is good, but they push so much for any reason his career over the other wrestlers that he will be booed until he becomes a Diva.
>>
>>1324062
Weebs are such autism
>>
>>1324065
>Weebs are such autism
Popipo.
>>
>>1324071
Autism
>>
>you can admit that all roman's great matches involve his opponent carrying the match, but the one constant has been wwe booking roman in the matches
>>
>>1324013
Roman is a good wrestler.

I just hate his booking
>>
>>1324080
This. He's more invincible than Cena. His match with AJ was awesome until he took two Styles Clashes, half a dozen chair shots and still kicked out then pinned AJ with ONE (1) spear.
>>
>>1324082
They should've made him the heel version of super cena. I would've accepted that more
>>
-no gimmick
-no charisma
-no mic skills
-poor moveset (I'll give it he's improving on that one)
-needs to be carried by better performers
-wrong storylines (the handpicked guy vs the authority that picked him? yeah gonna buy into that pajeet)
-needs constant burying of better talents to be kept going,lowering the quality line
-cringeworthy facial expressions
-no storytelling ability

He just sucks
>>
>>1324082
>>1324080
Agreed. It's not his fault. Vince just needs to accept that the Hulkster archetype doesn't resonate with fans like it did in the 80s.
>>
>>1324080
He's an alright wrestler who can adapt to anyone pace. Look at how well he did with Styles. His booking is garbage, but not trying in improving his promo skills doesn't help either.
>>
>>1324103
His delivery on the the guy promo was horrible, almost Malenkoesque.
>>
>>1324086
Fucking this! With a heel turn Reigns could be a perfect heel counter to Cena or, with a bit of building, possibly even a heel counter to the ever-over Lesnar, tough but not quite on his level and relying on blatant heel tactics to get wins over Lesnar.
>>
>>1324013
Roman is carried through his matches by people that can make him look good. That's just how it is. He's not particularly great at anything.
>>
>>1324013
His only great (Actually good) matches were agaisnt AJ.
>>
>>1324119
Reigns wouldn't have the heat he does now if he was a heel. The X-Pac heat is solely due to his booking. Turn him heel now and he'll get Miz tier silence.

He needs some time to disappear and remake himself before he'll get a reaction again.
>>
>>1324013
> the mention of le rocky maivia logic
Please shut the fuck up, Roman is not The Rock and does not have the same issues as he did when he couldn't get over. You have to remember that Roman has been consciously pushed for 2 WHOLE years, this guy has already main evented 2 Wrestlemanias and during this period as a singles guy has only collectively been over 1 week. The only point of comparison is Diesel who also tanked ratings, pushed away casual and longtime fans and was green as grass.
>>
File: MFWVERSUSROMAN.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
MFWVERSUSROMAN.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>1324013
if he has an ounce of charisma of the other great somoan like rock or senor joe

>withstood the heat

no he cant play the crowds for shit my man
>>
>>1324126
Fastlane 2015 with Bryan
Extreme Rules with based Beeg
Wm 31 with Lesnar
Hell in a Cell with Bray
Fastlane 2016 with Dean and Brock
>>
>>1324127
>Turn him heel now and he'll get Miz tier silence.
i bet heel Roman would get cheered
>>
>>1324090
Hulk has Charisma though unlike Roman.
>>
>>1324155
So does Cena. Dr Thuganomics was over as fuck before he became Hulkster 2.0 and now nobody can stand him.
>>
>>1324155
Hulk is a meme
>>
>>1324146
Those all sucked.
And you forgot his match with Orton in 2014.
Reign marks usually include that in their lists as well.
>>
>>1324957
>those all sucked
>praises Orton match

>>1324150
Why? He's still gonna suck in the ring and on the mic.
>>
The fact that miz and dean had the same round of opponents and all their matches sucked should tell you something.
>>
>>1324973
I did not praise the Orton match.
Get yourself some reading comprehension.
>>
I liked the bit where the total apathy for the main event was covered up by piped-in chants.

It was neat because they even tried to turn that into a work. The "Roman sucks" chants were male voices, and then they had a "Let's Go Roman!" chant which was noticeably higher pitched / more female.

Combine the piped-in chants with the stooges in the seats who start the "This is Awesome!" chants as soon as a dude gets to the top turnbuckle, and the creepy "Yes! Yes!" fingerpoint bullshit, and WWE is starting to look a lot like a North Korean state parade.
>>
>>1325080
Please have sex
>>
>>1325083
you forgot the 18+

shame on you
>>
>>1325083
>>1325089
shills
>>
20-30 years from now he's going to be inducted in the Hof.

and he will still get booed the crap out, with people saying he doesn't deserve it
>>
>>1324043
that match was a boring spotfest, it is hardly memorable let alone good
>>
>>1324013

For me it's not even the fact that he's paired with good wrestlers who carry him, as that's fair enough, it's what they're for. It's the fact that the Roman match has to be given the 'holy shit' spots, sending people through the announce table etc. This is always going to get a cheap pop, which some people seem to give Roman credit for. And it's overused to sweet hell, as he cannot make basic wrestling interesting.

The actual worst thing, of course, is the character shilling. LOVE HIM OR HATE HIM, YOU'RE PASSIONATE MAGGLE!
>>
>>1325291
>you are now remembering last year's Extreme Rules were nobody was allowed to have table spots except Ramen
>>
>>1325292
Was that the one against Beeg? That was ridiculous. Fun match to watch, of course, but it couldn't not be with all of the EXTREME table spots. Then the next day, you hear about Roman 'managing to get a great match out of Beeg'.
>>
>>1324021
>giving this much of an effort to b8

Has OP finally lost it? Has he finally given in to his desire to troll so hard that he has fallen for his own b8?
>>
>>1326139
>>1324141
>>1324139
>>1324124
>>1324013
Just to clarify, the text in OP isn't bait, is a comment made by Mick Foley on his Facebook page
>>
File: FB_IMG_1429031066087.jpg (14KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1429031066087.jpg
14KB, 475x475px
>>1324013
If you're going to waste our time with bait, at least don't make it a fucking thesis faggot.
>>
>>1326249
See
>>1326246
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.