[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it too late to become a pro wrestler? Im 19.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: me.jpg (41KB, 642x663px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
41KB, 642x663px
Is it too late to become a pro wrestler?
Im 19.
>>
21+
>>
>>1307789
So i still have time? Right now im probably in Cena tier shape but I want to get to Batista tier shape.
>>
Get started now, sooner the better. If you don't make it wrestling is a pretty fun hobby anyway. Travel, dumb stories, ring rats and you occasionally bump into people that get signed. It's not horrible seeing your facebook friends succeed.
>>
Depends what you do.

Athlete, football player, runner? Go for it - cardio and upper body strength are the most important physical attributes to start out as a wrestler. Learning moves is easier than putting in the work to be fit.

Sit around with pizza and Call of Duty? Probably too late for the modern industry, yes. By the time you get fit, you'll be too old to fight your way to the very top of the game.
>>
>>1307786
>19.
>too late
yeah, that's the perfect time to learn, I'm hoping to start training before 19, regrettably that doesn't look like it's happening yet. the only way younger would be expected is if you were in Mexico or grew up in a wrestling family.
>>
>>1307898
Im a 6' 5" student athlete for a tier one uni so i think im good. My uncle is also friends with the rocks cousin.
>>
>>1307786
Learn amature wrestling first and a martial art on the side before pro rasslin school.

Thsee obviously aren't requirements and I'm not a Pro Wrestler. but looking at WWE tryouts and how technical wrestlers move/work. You'll develop a nice craft if you do so, since in amature wrestling practices you learn how to smoothly transition one thing to another and how to control what you have. Martial arts is there for the kicks, punches and timing you would need for pro wrestling.

Acting school and public speaking classes probably would be another good asset for you.

Sources: Been an amature wrestler for 7+ years and did martial arts for 4 years. With a bunch of other combat sports I've done in life.
>>
>>1307786
if you aren't a midget, you still have a chance.

Aj styles the best midget wrestler in the world took him 20 years to come into the wwe.
>>
why the hell would you want to be a wrestler

get a real job
>>
>>1307786
Go to arena mexico and beg for some luchador to train you
>>
>>1307797
Haha, no you're not.
>>
>>1307786
DDP started in his 40s.
Half the NXT guys who are starting to learn the business are in their late 20s early 30s. Stone Cold gave advice on his podcast saying to get an education first so if something happens you'll have a degree to fall back on. Don't worry about age unless you're going into MMA.
>>
>>1308202
and AJ Styles was about 19 when he started! You can do it OP, you're taller than AJ right?
>>
>>1310738
He started when he was 36
>>
If only you were 8 feet tall OP. Being that large gives you a free pass into the WWE and all you need to do is like 2 kicks and a chokeslam and you get paid
>>
>>1308199
People usually have trouble transitioning from those sports to pro wrestling
>>
>>1307786
me on the right
>>
>>1307786
NO! Get off your ass and get to the gym now. Work on your stamina and muscle definition and start shoping for gear. Don't worry about your gimmick, learn how to own the role your booker gives you. Are you still reading this? DO IT NOW!
>>
>>1307786
No.
You are about the right age to start trying to become one.
>>
>>1307786
there are guys who didn't even start training to be a wrestler until they were 25... but really it's not going to be your age that hinders you at any point, it will be luck, how talented are you, how athletic you are, your looks... mostly luck, despite what CM punk will tell you
>>
>>1316021
As depressing as that photo is, it is a common sighting; Asians always close their ranks. In college they play those loud as fuck card games and in the professional world they have their own table and are hard to socialize.
>>
>>1316127
It's more about how little self respect you have and how well you can suck up to Vince or Haitch.
>>
>>1307786
DDP started when he was 37, bro
>>
>>1307786
>19
>too late

Cena and Orton started on their early 20s, Roman started in his mid-late 20s
>>
>>1310738
ddp had been in the business for a long time before that though.
>>
>>1307786
You got time. Roman's 30 and hasn't even begun training yet.
>>
Can traps be wrestlers?
>>
>>1316528
why are muslims the best wrestlers
>>
>>1316591
trap vs muslim vs muslim trap who wins?
>>
So little anon wants to be a wrestler?

Why do you want to do it? For the painkiller addiction? For the 5/10 ring rat sex? For the early trip to the grave? For the broken back and neck pain? For Jerome who's putting his dick in your waifu while you're stuck driving hours in buttfuck Alabama? All so that you're killing yourself for deformed freaks, creatures, manchildren, extremely obese lowlives that make up modern wrestling crowds?

It doesn't matter how hard you work or how good you are. You'll never be as good as "MUH ATTITUDE ERA". If anything you'll be thankful for some old guy to come back and kick the living fuck out of you for a bigger paycheck than you get the whole year. He'll be gone, but you have to stay and live with the burden that everyone knows you're his bitch the whole year.

If Ryback couldn't do it, if Seth Rollins can't do it, if CM Punk couldn't do it, then what fucking makes you think you have a chance in hell?

In my experience, there's so many people trying to break it. I tried signing up for wrestling school, and all the credible ones (Rollins, Booker, Rikishi) were packed. There's a few classes I've been to with 40-50 people, all 5'8-6'1, fairy fit. What's that? You say you have the gimmick of the century? Tough luck kid; we need you to be he GMs retarded nephew and stay in kayfabe, lmao. Want to go somewhere else, go ahead. No one will pay you a decent wage because sponsors are hard to come by. Even if there is an audience, no one is gonna invest in it because decent society shuns on it hard.

My advice, if you're still intent, is to lift hard - get fucking monster huge. Or have a unique look. I get bagged on here, but if I was a Mexican dwarf I would at least have some entertainment leverage in the business.
>>
An hero manlet.
>>
Sting started in his 20's.
>>
>>1307898
The business is changing. Building an impressive upper body is a plus, but rather I'd advocate a full body workout, not necessarily bodybuilding per se. Plenty of emphasis on cardio too.
WWE scouts have a boner for legit athletic backgrounds currently thanks to the reality era.
>>
>>1310796
>>1308199
This. I did self-defense oriented Jiu Jitsu, Tae Kwon Do and Kung Fu. It didn't prepare me for staying open and trusting guys with strikes, wearing them without blocking, taking bumps the way pros do or much else to be honest. Wrestling is more of it's own animal than I ever thought it would be. Martial arts is more short sharp and direct, wrestling is a lot more exaggerated movements and positioning yourself in a way that people on all four sides of a ring can clearly see what you're doing.
>>
>>1317245
>rikishi
>credible
Pick one. That fat fuck can't teach shit.

Go to Storm in Canada. He's got a great track record of getting guys and girls work as enhancement talent even when they don't have much experience.

Also OP, get to know as many people in the business that are reputed to be well-connected. Coming from where I do, the guys I came up with always thought skill was most important, but as an adult and through seeing who has made it from here and who has not, it's always come down to who you know being more important than what you know. I always thought that adage to be a bucket of shit or old tradition, but it truly does continue to this day.
>>
>>1308199
>Sources: Been an amature wrestler for 7+ years

and your whole post is why your a amateur and always will be kiddo
>>
File: A L P H A - B O Y Z.jpg (60KB, 736x740px) Image search: [Google]
A L P H A - B O Y Z.jpg
60KB, 736x740px
>>1317664
>your a amateur
>>
>>1317707
i dont get it... is that you? your one if those spics? never heard of you.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.