[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Steve Austin a draw?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: iMteo3L.jpg (48KB, 300x327px) Image search: [Google]
iMteo3L.jpg
48KB, 300x327px
>>
never was, never has, never will be a draw.
it was just the what chants and his beer
>>
He was my step fathers favorite wrestler desu.
I'm bi racial btw.
My mothers black btw.
>>
>>1306763
I'll bite, only cause I love talking his OFF THE FUCKING CHARTS numbers! He was pulling in 4-8 million in his strongest year, maybe more.
When you think about how main stream pro wrestling was, over 30 hours of original programming from 3 historic companies, it's unreal how much money was being made, and spent.

He was the number 1 draw for 3 solid years straight, and that's a fact. Not the greatest performer, but was the biggest draw.
>>
>>1306765
don't get that salty Bischoff, you don't have an eye for talent, that's okay.
>>
File: 1427466715340.png (154KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
1427466715340.png
154KB, 424x318px
>>1306763
>>1306765
>>
>>1306772
Why would you post this?
>>
no he's a vanilla midget who the wwe gave a good gimmick to
>>
>>1306829
>the ringmaster
>>
>>1306779
He made 12 mil a year from 98 to 2000
>>
>>1306839
Deserved every fucking dime her drew
>>
>bretcuck tries to come after the most over wrestler ever because vanilla midget Bret "the Shitman" Hart never drew a dime
Sad!
>>
Anyone could be a draw if they would be a able to drink, curse, and beat their wife.
>>
>>1306865
>he's such a newshit that he doesn't know how to spot a Bretfag thread
Bret vs Austin is his favorite WM match
>>
Honest question, who was a bigger all time draw: Hogan or Austin?
>>
>>1306934
at the peak it was Austin even Vince confirmed it
>>
>>1306934
Austin but his peak was only a few years
>>
>>1306934

Peak draw or total career draw?
>>
>>1306943
total career draw is not fair to judge, owen hart made sure Austin never had longevity
>>
>>1306943
>>1306944
Considering Austin had the highest peak i'd say he would've had a bigger total career draw.
Ruthless aggression era came right after aswell could've done some good shit before PG.
>>
he was a prime time player who career was cut short, every superstar starts slow and low when they begin their career other than the giant nobody wins the number 1 title in their first years
>>
>>1306829

Austin came up with the Stone Cold gimmick, and even if it were given to him, it takes charisma to get the gimmick over.

You have to be delusional to call him vanilla.
>>
>>1306763
Honestly his drawing power is overblown just because Vince loves sucking his dick
>>
>>1307085
Austin saved WWF and buried WCW
>>
>>1306829

No, stupid. They gave him the ringmaster gimmick.

Then after Ted Dibiase went to WCW he came up with an badass persona based on some serial killer he saw on TV. WWE creative then gave him a list of names like "Ice Dagger" and "Frosty McFang. It was Steve's wife that said to him "drink that tea before it gets stone cold."
>>
>>1306763
He was a main reason WWF didn't fold to WCW.
>>
>>1306763
>Drank 6,000 beers
>Never Drew A Dime
>and he thought he was the man
>>
>>1307093
wcw buried themselves
>>
File: jeans.webm (310KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
jeans.webm
310KB, 500x281px
is Austin an alcoholic?
>>
whose fault?
>>
>>1307650
Owen's.
>>
>>1307650
Bret's
>>
>>1307650
How pissed do you think Vince was? Did Vince already have Austin in mind for the main face at this point in time?
>>
>>1307710
Vince never WANTED to build the company around Stone Cold.
>>
>>1307722
What makes you say that?
>>
>>1307734
Are you for real?

Vince doesn't push what the people want, he pushes what HE wants. The only reason he relented is because WCW nearly put him outta the biz.
>>
>>1307741
Right, but do you have any recorded evidence of Vince saying that?
>>
>>1307747
What, do you want a fucking multi-angled security camera recording or something?

Vince openly stated he bought in Austin purely to be a JttS mechanic.

Austin was visibly getting shunted down the card in 2002 once the war ended.
>>
>>1307747
Also a quick Google of "Vince not watching to push Stone Cold" yields this:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0628/577494/vince-russo-breaks-down-steve-austin-wwe-career/
>>
>>1307775
Obviously he brought him in not expecting for him to be much, but after he got over with the fans he got pushed until he couldn't wrestle any more
>>
>>1307804
>but after he got over with the fans he got pushed until he couldn't wrestle any more

That's...not quite accurate.

Vince has never cared about who the fans like, either.
>>
>>1306763
Are you kidding?

If you were of age in the late 1990s it would be clear to you.

Every dick around was wearing Austin 3:16 shirts, it appeared at the time that everyone was into pro wrestling.
>>
>>1307814
If that was true, Big Show would have taken the belt off Austin in his debut and Austin would have went to jobbing
>>
>>1306772
Does your mom have big, black titties?
>>
>>1307834
> if this were true, ridiculous scenario that's completely implausible if you think about it all would've happened

You have to be over 18 to post here, junior.
>>
>>1307828
everyone knows DX carried the company and the war was won when they drove a tank to WCW.
>>
>>1307097
That's not exactly how the story went.
>>
Addressing his box office drawing power, McMahon and former WWE executives Jim Ross and Paul Heyman have declared Austin to be the most profitable wrestler in the history of the organization. Ross asserted: "Nobody touches Austin... No-one generated more cash in the length of their WWE career". Industry veterans and multiple-time WWE Champions Ric Flair, John Cena and CM Punk have each named Austin as the biggest star in WWE history, and, along with McMahon, have stressed that he surpassed the popularity of Hulk Hogan.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.