[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best book written about wrestling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: MP_deathofwcw.jpg (136KB, 400x556px) Image search: [Google]
MP_deathofwcw.jpg
136KB, 400x556px
Is this the best book written about wrestling?
>>
>>1295423
No. It's actually really shit. Wrestlecrap is not being ironic.

But now that you've started it, OP: This is now a book thread.
>>
>>1295443
Sup Eric?
>>
>>1295423
It's an interesting piece that is pretty funny but should be taken with a grain of salt. I don't think it was meant to be taken completely objectively, and I'm excited for when they write the sequel for TNA.

People who take it as gospel are stupid, though, since they outright state multiple times that a lot of the material is based off of gossip and shoot interviews.
>>
File: 12902092.jpg (28KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
12902092.jpg
28KB, 333x500px
>>1295451
No. But that reminds me I still need to read this. I'm not sure if the read will just be redundant. Eric being a guest on Flair's and Austin's podcast covers a lot.

Death of WCW is just a shit, though. You know everything in the book before you read it unless you're a mark.
>DUDE THEY DIDN'T PUT HOGAN/GOLDBERG ON PPV THEY LOST SO MUCH MONEY LMAO
>durr attendance was really down in 2000. must mean the company is going under.
>>
>>1295423
Gary Hart's book. A shame it was self published but you can find downloads. Man did it all.
>>
I just finished this an hour ago, I think. My ebook ended pretty out of nowhere with him recovering from his stroke enough to go on a trip. I'm pretty sure it cut out a whole other chapter though, I'll have to buy a physical copy.

Anyway, amazing book. Fuck Ellie Hart.
>>
>>1295423
Nope
I enjoyed Bret's book far more, it is the GOAT
>>
>>1295465
Don't bother, this is one of the worst soap box preaching wrestling books of all time. It's poorly written and so scattershot it's not even funny.
>>
>>1299468
>Anyway, amazing book. Fuck Ellie Hart.
what she do?
>>
File: 51NFiFSNnRL.jpg (37KB, 335x500px) Image search: [Google]
51NFiFSNnRL.jpg
37KB, 335x500px
>>
>>1299540
After Owen died his widow, Martha, sued the WWF. She asked Bret to handle the media since he had the most experience and she asked the whole family to just not comment about the case when asked by reporters. Ellie was married to Jim Neidhardt (Bret's old partner in the Hart Foundation) and wanted to get on Vince's good side so he'd rehire Jim. She took legal documents Martha's lawyers had been working on from Hart House and faxed them to Vince.
>>
>>1295455
Anybody who entered the thread on a whim and hasn't actually read The Death of WCW should ignore this cunt's retarded post.
The book is meant to be taken completely objectively. All the information inside it is taken from sources who were within the company at the time or hard numbers from various institutions.
I think this guy just wants to sound worldly or some shit by denying it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.