[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parkour and freerunning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: DSC_0012.jpg (1MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0012.jpg
1MB, 3008x2000px
Really want to talk to people about pk, tricking, urban climbing shit like that.
>>
>>1282031
Please have sex
>>
File: 1462916663235.gif (635KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1462916663235.gif
635KB, 260x146px
I was using the long jump pit of a school one day with some buddies of mine.
I saw this person doing Parkour on the roof of the school.
He eventually ran around the school, up and down the hills, and eventually to where I was at.
We talked a bit, and then we went to do some Parkour on the roof.
I did a wall up to grab onto a pipe, then horizontally traversed onto a lower roof, where I got on top of the school. The others took another rout, where they used a lower roof.
I could've climbed up from the initial roof the pipe was on, but I just have poor upper body strength.
From there, it was a lot of straight running, because muh pure Parkour and endurance training, some vaults, some taller buildings to get on to, and the tallest building.
The view of the tallest building wasn't bad.
Eventually, it was a trip down.
On the way down, it looked like the height was short enough to slap-out, but tall enough to also roll.
I decided to use the slap-out method because my shoes were wet from a puddle or something.
I might've rolled from the taller building, I don't remember.
From the lower roof to the ground, I went into a hang but my 2nd hand slipped, so I landed with a slap out, but with the height, I should've rolled.
>tfw my superior reflexes

>tfw no go-pro camera

I'm thinking about making a cheap and simple DIY rig to strap a digital camera to my chest.
Maybe a wooden box with some sponge inside, holes for the camera lense and buttons.

Also, horizontal wall-run.
It seems like I can get better distance with just a single step, but the 3-steps just looks so fly.
The 2-step might have some utilization for getting further down the wall before you kick off, I don't know.
>>
>>1282031
There used to be a parkour general here, before the rassling hordes settled in /asp/ and shat up the place.

It was filled with pretentious assholes shilling their youtube tutorials.
>>
>>1283978
>It was filled with pretentious assholes shilling their youtube tutorials.
I'm pretty sure it was just one guy posting his favourite YouTube tutorials.
>>
Is there a gayer meme """"""""""sport"""""""""" than parkour?
>>
>>1284105
Pro wrestling
>>
>>1284105
>be me
>be doing Boxing
>be talking to my BJJ friend
>BJJ friend says that because I used to do Wrestling in high school, I would like BJJ
>BJJ friend says I should join his gym
>I decide to take advantage of free trial
>we're the only two people there besides the instructor that day because there's some local event or something
>class starts
>you did wrestling? It's a lot like that
a few minutes later
>me: This isn't wrestling! This is anal sex!
>>
Seems like shit only fags are into.
>>
File: Tic Tac.gif (838KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
Tic Tac.gif
838KB, 260x146px
>>1284128
Shut up, faggot.
>>
Doesn't David Belle have knee problems now because of all the large drops he did while only using slap-out methods, not rolling enough, and not conditioning his muscles enough before doing larger stuff?
>>
>>1282031
How do I jump off a skyscraper and survive?
>>
>>1287626
Something about body positioning so you become less aerodynamic and don't accelerate as quickly + chance.
Jumping off of the top of a skyscraper is a littler trickier, but there're these things called parachutes.

You could also just jump off the top of a skyscraper onto the top of another skyscraper.
>>
>>1287626
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/man-survives-15-story-fall-zealand/story?id=19421584

Some of these guys sound like laborers.
Maybe their strong necks from manual labour helps.
>>
>>1287626

It's a Parkour meme to train with minimalist shoes.
That's great for conditioning. You should do most of your training with minimalist shoes.
Once you get to Parkour application and bigger stuff, or maybe you just want to make a Parkour video or something, or want to do some rooftop stuff downtown with your buddies since that's where all the fun stuff is at, put on a real pair of shoes. Safety is what keeps you practicing even if you fuck up.

It's important to have good technique, I'll say it now so I don't have to keep saying it later: It's important to have good technique.

You could land from 10ft with a slap out and be relatively fine, but it's highly recommended that you roll from that height and higher.

Once you get to 15ft, you should have excellent leg strength, and your feet (and hands) should be conditioned well enough so you don't break or bruise anything upon landing.

At 20ft, you should be an above average athlete. At 20ft, you should be an above average Traceur. At 20ft, you should be a great Parkour practitioner, or you can just roll really good, but also your physical condition should be great. Also, conditioning. You should have hands and feet of stone. On top of the feet that could kick holes into people, you should wear shoes with great protection, and nice thick soles. Boots are recommended, and not just because urban Parkour on spots you're not too familiar with spots with trash could end up with you stepping on something, maybe a rusty nail, but because you're jumping from fucking 20ft.

People have jumped from 30ft before, not all of them used rolling technique.
Some of then were in good enough physical condition to pull it off without too much of a problem, some people tear their hamstrings, some people break their legs, some people break their legs in multiple places.

I don't know how things go with more than 30ft with rolling technique and high level athletes and traceurs, but normal untailed people survive high heights.
>>
>>1287626
>>1289554
At some point the common Parkour rolling technique isn't going to cut it.
You'll need falling technique, and maybe different landing technique all together.
>>
File: 1444544711368.png (112KB, 496x528px) Image search: [Google]
1444544711368.png
112KB, 496x528px
FINALLY THIS THREAD.

I'm sick of all that WWE soap opera shit.
>>
>>1284105

WWE.
>>
>>1282031
You'll definitely have to work on your leg strength and muscles. I found out this hard way when my leg collapsed as I landed from a high point and hurt my anus.
>>
>>1290330
>I found out this hard way when my leg collapsed as I landed from a high point and hurt my anus.
Similar things could happen to groins.
>>
File: 1450600163177.jpg (166KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1450600163177.jpg
166KB, 1920x1200px
>>1292322

Bumpizzle
>>
>>1287626
You need to roll at the end of your fall
>>
>>1282407
The iron camera
>>
File: team america - long jump.gif (736KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
team america - long jump.gif
736KB, 500x281px
The Parkour Long Jump is a little different from the Track & Field Long Jump.

In Parkour, the levels could be uneven.
Your landing surface could be uneven, with one foot of landing surface being higher than the rest (edge of roof).

The landing technique is also often different, since there's usually not a sand-pit, among other reasons.
>>
>>1287626
Drag your hands and feet against the wall for friction to slow your decent. Then roll when you land.
Being an epic level monk is recommended for buildings over 90ft tall.
>>
>>1297328
>Drag your hands and feet against the wall for friction to slow your decent

>00:32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAhPaiajwDY

claws
>00:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za0NOE4N6X4
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.