[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I won't deny he was certainly over tonight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 9

Well Lads...What I heard was obviously cheers. It didn't quite sound like pipe noise like it does on Smackdown so maybe we were just in some Marky Kinda Town tonight

But I will give you this. There weren't dueling chants. That crowd legit wanted Roman to squash Bullet Club and after a month of shit booking I say go for it.
>>
Did Cena have as much hate as RR when it was clear he was the new face?
>>
>>1279753

Not at this level. Roman is experimenting with a whole new level of Go Away heat.
>>
>>1279748
Roman is over with more casual crowds. I and others have been saying this for months. He is consistently said to get huge pops at house shows which are attended more by families than a bunch of 20 something guys looking to get drunk.
>>
>>1279755

I fucking hate Roman but I know what I heard.

Roman appeals to Marks and Marks only what's really happening is Smarks inability to change the product no matter how hard they bitch. They want another instance where they Daniel Bryan a situation and its never gonna happen

I would have much preferred Lesnar vs Ambrose vs Reigns vs Hunter instead of Roman main eventing Mania to the sound of pure apathy
>>
>>1279753
Not from the crowds, but from smarks online he sure did. Cena got really heavy boos at times but not weeks on end like Roman.
>>
>>1279760

Depending upon which city we visit next come the 30th depends upon how loud Cena's return reaction is gonna be. No news on Orton's return yet I think Orton is purposely failing piss tests because he has enough money for retirement.
>>
>>1279748
It was 50/50 cheer/boo at best, mostly 25/75.

But the crowd is hot for AJ/Reigns.

You have to give it AJ, he's getting Reigns over while looking strong himself. I'm actually pretty hype for Extreme Rules.

If The Shield reformed and Gallows/Anderson were allowed to get over (maybe add in Balor, Nakamura, Joe even though the latter were not in the Bullet Club) this shit could be nuclear, legit the best feud we've seen in a long time.

But that's not going to happen.
>>
>>1279748
test.
>>
>>1279766

I heard nothing but Roman Reigns chants so maybe crowd muting was involved in some way

Like how at Mania people claimed for 48 straight hours the fans were cheering Roman Reigns non stop which is a bullshit lie made up by Meltz and Alvarez
>>
>>1279755
Can confirm, went to a house show a few months ago, boo'd the fuck out of the New Day and Dudleyz, cheered the fuck out of the Usos and Roman. Was cringeworthy.
>>
>>1279785

Those had to have been some awful matches.
>>
>>1279786
Styles/Breeze, KO/Zayn, Charlotte/Natalya were great, but that's about it. Rest was just dumb shit.
>>
>>1279785
Apparently Big Show got the 2nd biggest pop of the night behind Ambrose at a recent house show. They're definitely very different than most Raw crowds.
>>
>>1279785
>>1279785
>booing New Day over the Usos
I don't believe until proven otherwise.

They're stale imo, but not boo worthy.
>>
>>1279788

Breeze better have gotten at least 15 min

Zayn/KO should have main evented the fucking show
>>
File: images-24.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
images-24.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>it's fun to boo Roman Reigns
>>
>>1279793
House shows are almost always main evented by Reigns/Sheamus or Dean/Someone
>>
File: 1mywaifu is sick.gif (998KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1mywaifu is sick.gif
998KB, 500x283px
>>1279790

>Beeg getting encouraged to move New Stars over

No...
>>
>>1279792

Again that had to have been a match consisting of nothing but fucking restholds.
>>
>>1279805

Disgusting and they fucking wonder why House Show attendance is so poor these days

People have been marking like crazy that shit like Ambrose and Hunter have been main eventing House Shows with Ambrose going over.

Crowds get fucking ecstatic
>>
>>1279753
Yes it was the exact same
>>
>>1279755
>>1279759
Vince pls.
Ramen is universally booed.
Casuals don't jump in and cheer for a guy that's booed by everyone and go against the rest of the crowd.
>>
>>1279982
Rofl not even remotely so.

Cena was over as fuck in 2003, before even winning the US title and he had a rather big fanbase.

Roman? He was the least liked of the Shield, never had a solo run to confirm his drawing potential, nor his actual skills.
Indeed, he doesn't have Cena's mic skills, nor big fanbase of kids.
Indeed, 2 years of Roman face of the company sunk WWE to <3 ratings
>>
>>1279748
Guess I'm done with WWE then.
>>
>Omaha, NE

Who fucking cares? It's just one crowd of dumb Southern marks.
>>
>Roman isn't over meme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE9kLVA3Rfs
>>
>>1279992

They booed him when he came out but cheered loudly during the match.
>>
>>1280003

When I saw Cass arguing with Jericho I immediately remembered John Cena as US Champion back on Smackdown

This is the stage Cass is currently at right now.
>>
>>1280009

See you next week.

>>>1280004

Cut to Dave Meltzer talking about all the famous NWA matches that took place in Nebraska

If I can even think of any.
>>
>>1280024

>India
>Implying Hajeeds aren't the biggest marks on fucking earth

Bruh the Indian News Station portrays Wrestling as the #1 sport on Earth

Khali is edited as World Champion in all of those tapings that come to India

Yardtarding is the most popular thing to do in India.
>>
>>1280009
>Omaha, NE
>Southern
>You
>Geography
>>
>>1280105

Midsouthern
>>
>>1280024
>*insane*

it's hilarious how desperate Roman fans are getting

insane is the kind of reaction Daniel Bryan got, with everyone in the arena supporting him and doing ''YES YES YES'', which for the record is the stuff The Rock or Stone Cold used to get

not a few hundred of pajeets chanting 'Roman''

fuck, if that's insane, then Enzo and Cass are over to the moon

and AJ to the moon and beyond
>>
File: 1462272561478.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462272561478.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>Roman gets cheered first at payback and now here
>"NO0O0OOO!1! HE SUCKS!1!!! I HATE HIM SO MUCH!1!!!"
Why are smarks always in denial?
>>
>>1280203
He does suck. And people who cheer him are retards.
>>
>>1280203

>roman gets cheered sort of twice in his career
>HES OVER STUPED SMARKS
>>
File: dm_btfo.png (245KB, 421x316px) Image search: [Google]
dm_btfo.png
245KB, 421x316px
>>1280212
No one said he's over my little smark, stop making up things.
>>
>>1279748
watch it again. whenever you can hear the wrestlers talking, you hear boo's for roman. whenever you can't hear the wrestlers talking to each other, you hear roman chants.

Muting the crowd is no longer enough, now they need to fake it.
>>
This is what happens when a company goes out of their way to fulfill diversity quotas.
>>
>>1280215
The subject of this thread is "I won't deny he was certainly over tonight." You may not have said it, but the OP did.

That being said, Roman is a seanigger, and should be murdered for who he is as a person and how he is diluting the product.
>>
File: 1462639990468.jpg (12KB, 200x190px) Image search: [Google]
1462639990468.jpg
12KB, 200x190px
>>1280252
Holy shit , have sex as soon as possible
>>
>>1280257
Not until my wedding night (June 8, 2016), mon frere.

Like a better wrestler, seanigger sympathizer.
>>
File: 1461768227795.jpg (51KB, 980x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1461768227795.jpg
51KB, 980x1084px
>>1280258
>Marrying a woman that has a child
have fun rising your wife's son
>>
>>1280262
She doesn't have a child.
I'll probably put 1-3 in her, however, over the course of our marriage.
>>
>>1280264
You cant impregnate a hand anon
>>
>>1280267
It's like you don't even know how far science has come. Please, for the love of G-d, I'm on my hands and knees begging you, please, read a book.
>>
Mitch is more over than RR. At best he was 50/50 at the end of his match with the usual shit Cena used to get. His cheers are all very high pitched, coming from women and little kids.
>>
>>1280273
>if adult males dont cheer roman then he sucks
KEK
>>
>>1280280
Learn to read faggot
>>
>>1280283
learn to dont be a smark cuck
>>
>>1279748
>women and kids chanting for roman
>casuals that cheer champs and faces only
>not wrestling fans
>>
>>1280288
>learn to dont be

He was right, you should take some reading lessons.
>>
>>1279753

Not initially, no, but when he moved to Raw it got bad pretty quickly because he was regularly going over people like Triple H, Michaels, Edge and Christian, who were all perceived as much better than him. Cena tore through a stacked roster and people were sick of him within months. If you ever saw him fighting someone who the crowd held as more "legit" like Michaels, he got crucified.
>>
>>1280296
Is okay samefat , don't be mad
>>
>>1279766
>while looking strong himself
AJ has looked weak as shit. It went from being able to hang with roman to barely being able to survive with help.
>>
>>1279748
He got booming boos when he came out, loud as fuck even by his standards.
But there were "Roman" chants during the match. It's fucking bizarre.
>>
>>1279807

House shows are different. I've been to plenty and big show and kane always get huge pops. 7 footers are a spectacle in person
>>
>>1280304
> it's the fatty shitter

What, one ban wasn't enough for you today?

At least you managed to formulate a coherent sentence. Good for you.
>>
>>1280314
>muh x boogeyman
Kek
>>
>>1279748
>was over
>got a 50/50 split reaction from the crowd

Is this what counts as over now? He literally got a Cena reaction. Kids and women cheered, everyone else booed him.
>>
>>1280321
Cena's reaction is unique. Booing him is literally part of the experience, now, and he routinely wins over those boos when he actually feels like it with his promos.
>>
>>1280318
Does making lazy, dumb shitposts really bring you joy?
>>
>>1280324
When has Cena ever won over the boos with a promo?
>>
>>1280332
What, you want a date? Do you think I care THAT much to go trawling through Raws over the span of a decade?
I have seen him do so, though. Frequently during the USOC, and in his promo against Rollins prior to their SS match wherein he just went fucking HAM on Seth's character and tore him to pieces.
>>
>>1279766
Bullet Club is a JOKE lmao

Shield is legit the strongest faction ever kayfabe wise

Would be a squash
>>
>>1280338

>just went fucking HAM on Seth's character

Yeah, just like the time he decided to point out that Del Rio didn't own all the cars he drove out in and rented them. Whether they're scripted for him or not, Cena's little wink wink worked shoot stuff is terrible.
>>
>>1279753
I remember being way more pissed at Batista's sudden push than I was with Cena's, because I didn't like them both as wrestlers for the same lack of ability reason, but Cena was always entertaining on the mic and proved a lot of people wrong with some quality matches.
>>
>>1280346
It wasn't a worked shoot at all, didn't you read what I said?
He went in on Seth's CHARACTER. It was a full-kayfabe thing, wherein he basically tore down how much of a pussy Seth was in KAYFABE.
I actually particularly chose the word "character" to underscore that point.
>>
>>1280341
The Shield never beat the Wyatt family. They are like 0-3 against them. So wouldn't that mean the Wyatt family has a higher power level?
>>
>>1280338
Just 1 example would've been fine, chill out bud.

And no I will not go out with you.
>>
>>1280354
They beat them...on Main Event
>>
>>1280349
Batista's rise from Evolution muscle to main eventer is probably the last great push WWE booked.
>>
>>1280370
I gave you some

>>1280341
>>1280354
>>1280375
Would the Nexus count, because they were company-wide Heels for a bit
>>
>>1280354
Compare the end of their runs

Shield swept Evolution

Wyatts lost to Cena 1v3, Old Taker and Kane, Squashed by Cena and Rock (Who the Shield both destroyed), etc
>>
>>1280354
The Shield got much stronger after that and they defeated Evolution two times, Evolution having like at least 30 titles between themselves.
>>
>>1280382
> Nexus
> strongest faction ever

I cannot possibly kek any harder
>>
>>1280385
Wyatts beat Shield the night after Extreme Rules 2014...
>>
>>1280390
Well, just based on numbers alone. Cena had to recruit 4 other guys to fight Nexus, people only had to pull together 2 others for Shield.
And yeah, they were monsters for a little while, more than the Shield. Peak-Nexus fucked shit up.
The drop-off was just horrifically sheer.
>>
>>1280385
And HHH and Batista were both in their 40's and past their prime. Just sayian.
>>
>>1280410
Past their prime is only a thing in kayfabe if they harp on it and make particular note.
Commentators kept putting over how Batista and Haitch were "THE BEST THEY'VE EVER LOOKED, MAGGLE", and how their experience accrued from years of competition played such a huge effect.
So, even though they're realistically past their prime, it wasn't a kayfabe factor.
>>
>>1280406
> numbers

By that logic the 11 guys HHH put together to take out The Shield on that random Smackdown would be the best.

Oh, wait, Shield beat them. So by that logic...
>>
>Thinking these memers are stronger than The Brood
>>
>>1280413
Fair point, but those were still 11 cobbled jobbers that never posed a serious threat to anyone.
Nexus still reached the highest kayfabe threat-level.
>>
>>1280418
Yeah, because these guys:

> Justin Gabriel
> Heath Slater
> David Otunga
> Darren Young
> Michael Tarver

...totally not jobbers.
>>
File: stone-cold-what-219x241.jpg (26KB, 219x241px) Image search: [Google]
stone-cold-what-219x241.jpg
26KB, 219x241px
Was RAW worth watching last night ?
>>
>>1280424
Not painted as such at the time, no.
>>
>>1280427
Even at the time, none of them bar Gabriel and MAYBE Slater were portrayed as genuine threats.
>>
>>1280429
They were, though. As a whole unit, they were portrayed as far more threatening than the Shield were.
>>
>>1280444
But they weren't.

Shield went undefeated for the better part of half a year while Nexus choked in their PPV debut.
>>
>>1280444

No they werent you fucking autist.
>>
>>1280447
>>1280448
Lol, yeah they were.
I despised that angle, but Nexus were painted as company-wide stuff that tore up the ring and whatnot. Their threat level far surpassed a three-man stable, if only by virtue of numerousness.
You're wrong. Accept it.
>>
>>1280461
Oh wow, they had one hot segment during their debut.

Then they got fucking killed dead by Big Match John.
>>
>>1280461
But did the Nexus ACTUALLY beat anyone?
>>
>>1280472
Missing the point. As I already said, yes, their drop-off point was quite brutal and they lacked the staying power, but their peak greater than the Shield's.
It's not a contestable point whatsoever, go back and watch – though, I'm not sure you'd really want to – it's as blatant as day that they were displayed as a far more dominant threat at their height of power than the Shield.
>>
When did they decide Roman was a power house?

All they talked about during Payback was how much stronger Roman is than AJ.

I know it's super nerdy but I picked up the WWE board game awhile ago (It was less than $10 on amazon) and it's pretty fun but one of the six characters is Roman and he's more of a speedy manoeuvrable kind of guy, his play style has more in common with Daniel Bryan who is also in the set.

It just struck me as odd and I was wondering when this change was made. Also seems odd due to roman not actually appearing to be that strong or having that much endurance.
>>
>>1280485
>but their peak greater than the Shield's.

Shield were beating top guys in PPV main events and defending titles.

Why are you riding Nexus so hard? It's 2016. Nobody cares about them.
>>
>>1280485
They never were

The Shield attacked and actually won their matches

The Nexus would attack and then lose at PPV every time
>>
WWE just had a meeting with investors. 12% drop in Raw viewership for the last year.

Nice job face of the company.
>>
>>1280982
fire ambrose then
>>
>>1279769
still dead.
>>
Just watched raw. This shit is so dimb how hard they are trying to make Roman look stronk. AJ doesnr even look like he has a chance the way they set it up. Its not even interesting because the matches are never in doubt. Aj looks strong for all of 2 sec before being crushed. Congrat Vince you managed to bury the best talent you got in years for Ramen.
>>
>>1279982
Cena was over in the first five years of his run. Smarks got sick of him when he was going over everyone big like edge, and trips. He is still the only mainstream star wwe has right now.
>>
>>1280258
Grats m8
>>
>>1279762
do you have any concrete reason to believe that about randy orton? not being confrontational, i'm legitimately curious
>>
>>1279792
new day interviews > new day product
>>
>>1279753
Cena didnt got that push until he paid his dues jobbing to the likes of angle, Taker, Brock, JBL, Big Show and more.

Reigns only had his shield run were he rarely got pinned and then records like Survivor and RR most eliminations then RR winner.

Then again people hated Cena when he became the superman Roman is now.
>>
File: i_just_cant.png (47KB, 206x207px) Image search: [Google]
i_just_cant.png
47KB, 206x207px
>>1284683
nevertheless, cena has always had talents, and roman has NEVER displayed any talents whatsoever. if he was even passable on the mic, or had any storyline at all, i would consider him a legitimate entertainer. or on the other side of the coin, if he had a single actual wrestling move that made him seem formidable, i might understand him being portrayed as STRONK. i'm not demanding he be a "man of 1000 holds", or a master of flippyshit, or even a "skilled tactician" or whatever. no, all i'd like to see from roman, that would move him up from fucking unwatchable garbage into passable entertainment, would be just one devastating WRESTLING move. maybe a unique suplex or powerbomb, or even an inventive clobbering attack like super dragon's curb stomp. but no, he has to be LE PUNCH AND TACKLE MAN all match long, every single match. sure, he'll sometimes bounce off the rope and then punch, or break a hold and then punch, or even jump up in the air and punch. and when he gets really worked up, oh boy! he cocks his forearm like a shotgun and then he really punches the bajeezus out of daniel bryan, or john cena, or aj styles, or the motherfucking big show, who could irl punch roman's greasy, smirking head off his tattooed shoulders. it's not believable, it's not fun to watch, it's overall fucking puzzling. it makes me wish they'd bring back butterbean to show him a thing or two about a fucking punch, if he likes punching so damn much.
yes i'm mad, and i will continue to be mad until they quit stealing airtime from other more deserving, more entertaining men, in order to give us fucking spotless snorefest matches to build his record (that reminds me, he never even takes a real bump from anybody either, and on the rare occasion that he does, he can't even sell it properly)
>>
Roman makes me glad I don't pay for WWE television, payperviews, or the network.
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.