[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrestling storylines need to be longer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
That's why they suck now:
Blah, blah for 3 weeks. PPV, end. Or 2 PPVs at best.

Let's look at successful wrestling storylines:

NWO taking over WCW.
Hall debuts in early June 1996
Hogan takes the title in August (that's 3 months already)
Bischoff is revealed in November
1997 NWO completely takes over
Sting meanwhile doesn't wrestle for the whole year, appears in the rafters

28 Dec 1997, Sting first match in a year, vs Hogan for the title, huge hype.

1 year and half of storyline

similarily

Stone Cold gets injured, ''run over'' by mysterious assailant
7 months investigation, lots of potential culrpits
Rikishi ''did it for The Rock''
Stone Cold is back with huge hype, revenge
HHH actually planned it, 7 months building for a super heel. HHH vs Stone Cold fires up.

the only thing that comes close these days is Daniel Bryan being kept down by Vince, despite fans support. The more they kept him down, the bigger fans got behind him, giving him a huge hype, the Yes Movement etc.
Ironically, this is all result of crappy booking.
>>
>>1276846
You need to be striaghter
>>
Wrestling always fucked up long storyline.
>NWO
Fucked up with to many member
>sting return
Fucked up with the way he win
>For the rock
They fucked up a very over uppercard like rikishi and Steph can't write for shit.
>Daniel bryan
Like hogan heel turn wasn't set up is like togashi or kubo writing.
Seriously, forshadow in wrestling is the worst
>>
>>1276846
God damn that Sting angle was awesome

>when's this mo fucka gonna wrestle

Then he'd come down to make a save and I'd mark out
Anyone remember the army of like 100 stings?
>>
WWE has at least one long term fued in the chamber: sheild triple threat. Will probably be the story of WM this year.
>>
>>1276846
the Authority storyline has been going on forever

even though it's not that great it has been an ongoing story and won't be over until Steph goes away, whenever that happens.
>>
The Authority have been active for years now.
>>
>>1276846

Randy Savage was in several storylines that lasted a long time. Macho King and Mega Powers both come to mind immediately.
>>
If Sting winning against Hogan had been booked better and led to Thunder debuting as the nWo show with the nWo and WCW at full on war until Bash at the Beach for a final battle two years after the Hogan turn then it would be the greatest storyline ever.

What we got was one of the greatest stories ever degenerating into a mess and there is a reason OP stops at the Sting/Hogan match and doesn't even mention the finish.
>>
The Invasion desu
>>
>>1277034
it's not really a storyline

it's a faction, it's there, always going to be there
>>
>its another smarky "This is why WWE sucks now" thread
>>
>>1276929
>>1277161
Nothing is perfect.

The storylines however were great and got people hooked up to both companies.

The key is that they created hype for the events. People would tune in to know what's going to happen next and couldn't wait ''the final battle''.

What do we have now? Wrestler A insults wrestler B. Sometimes lots of good wrestling.
One or the other wins and moves on.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'd rather have a long storyline with 1 or 2 flaws than no storyline
>>
>>1277528
well, excuse me if I don't like to swallow Vince's cum and say it's great...
>>
>>1277161
There was just one simple way it should have ended.

Sting locks the Scorpion Deathlock.
NWO storms the ring, beat him up, hits a few finishers, Hogan goes for the pin with the NWO ref.
Commentators say ''Oh god it's over, it's all over, NWO won.''
Sting kicks out.
Bret Hart storms the ring, followed by Giant, Luger etc, they clear the ring and leave Sting and Hogan alone, fighting continues outside the ring.
Scorpion DeathLock again, Hogan taps.
Sting reconciles with WCW faction, celebrations in the ring.
NWO crumbles in the following weeks with Hogan blaming fellow members for the defeat.

but noooooooooooooooooooooo, fucking Hogan no sell had to demand he did not look ''weak'' and screw everything up
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.