[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knife Throwing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: knife throwing.jpg (706KB, 2144x1424px) Image search: [Google]
knife throwing.jpg
706KB, 2144x1424px
What ever happen to knife throwing, i don't hear about it much now a days. Having that skill would be fucking amazing [insert martial artist superhero fantasy here]. Plus is would be cool in combat
>>
Lose weight
>>
>>1271947
I used to practice on and off a little.
My father had a single throwing knife and a sheath for said single knife.
I had fun with that knife.
I don't remember what happened to it.
I'd be humorous if I had thrown it at something and lost it.

I bought myself some rubber throwing stars to spar with and to throw at my heavy bag a few years ago.
They're in storage now.

Though illegal in various places throughout the US, throwing knives would actually be pretty practical in street fights, because people don't wear armour these days. Not to mention gang fights; though, guns got pretty popular.
It'd be pretty good in doing things stealthily, though.

Drive-bys with guns aren't the most subtle things, even with silencers.

It's easier to conceal knives than it is to conceal guns.

A nigga could just walk up to a dope dealing snitch, try to stab the fucker, and if that doesn't work, that nigga could then start throwing knives at the fucker. Once the dealer is down, you can leave while knowing your gun didn't scream how much it's ejaculating.

Also, no gunpowder residue on you and your clothes.
>>
>>1271974
K
>>
>>1272007
>>1272034
>>1272037

>Doesn't know the meaning of alternative sports

Why didnt WWE fags get there own damn board instead of combining it a existing one
>>
>>1271947
Throwing knives are fun, if you are ever at a rendezvous they will have axe and knife throwing events

If you want some cheap throwers to practice with large nails work pretty well, a lot of people use them for bo shuriken
>>
>>1272047
Their*
>>
>>1272166
*They're
>>
>>1272173
They are? They're means "they are". So they are own damn board? That sounds silly.
>>
>>1271947
>he rents his knives
>>
>>1271947
The problem is, they don't work like they show in the movies. Much like bow and arrow, they heavily rely on exact repetition. That means you stand the exact same distance from your target every time and then you practice your arm movement into perfect repetitions a thousand times. Only taking out all the randomness in your movement and distance gives you full control over the knife so you can actually improve your accuracy. You don't just pick up a knife and first-time one-shot a moving target in the head, even as a knife-throwing pro.

It would be much much too difficult to adapt your throw to a variety of distances on the fly. The problem is, you need a very specific amount of rotations on the knife so it hits the target with the pointy end first and comes in slightly from above, rotating into the target, so it actually sticks and is somewhat straight.

Throwing knifes are flashy, but extremely impractical as a means of combat (if you actually plan to injure someone, not only distract them by throwing blunt objects at them).
This is also a good reason why this is indeed an /asp/ topic, and definitely not a /k/ thread.
>>
>>1272691
>It would be much much too difficult to adapt your throw to a variety of distances on the fly.
As with any martial skill, it takes practice.

>so it hits the target with the pointy end first
Weight distribution in the manufacturing of the knife.

>impractical
As a main weapon, yes.
People don't wear armor. Just aim center mass and you'll hit something.
>>
>>1273742
Knife throwing can be fun, but it's really shitty for defending yourself. You're literally just throwing a weapon at them that they can use against you.
>>
>>1271947
Yea
No
>>
>>1273788
There are a lot of competitions based around it
>>
File: 34256346345345.jpg (289KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
34256346345345.jpg
289KB, 1920x960px
>>1273788
It's a test of skill, and one that can be repeated in a standardized environment. It's another example of something only those who actually participate in it, can improve their ability.
>>
I can't throw knives for shit but I have had fun with throwing axes. Way easier and more lethal all round.
>>
>>1273875
but those are harder to conceal
>>
I have a cheap seat of throwing knives and a pretty good throwing axe. It's fun.
>>
File: knife.jpg (291KB, 5204x660px) Image search: [Google]
knife.jpg
291KB, 5204x660px
>>1271974
>A nigga could just walk up to a dope dealing snitch, try to stab the fucker, and if that doesn't work, that nigga could then start throwing knives at the fucker.
>>
>>1275959
Why do you want to conceal them? They're not practical. It would be better to just keep one and not throw it, you're assailant could just use it against you.
>>
>>1279080
they're very practical. Short range, long range, easy to conceal, silent.
As a martial artist, even is it combat sport player, you should know how great the element of surprise is.
an opponent could use your own punch against you, everything comes with risk.
>>
>>1279718
>how many time in your life do you need to defend yourself against an assailant
>how likely are you to actually hit someone that is changing distance
>how likely is it they will use on of the thrown knives against you

Also, why the fuck do you need surprise on your side? If you are going out of your way to hurt people, then it makes sense to use surprise. In day to day life, you shouldn't need a self defense tool, and if you do there are many more practical and less lethal means.
>>
>>1280393
cuz knives r cewl that's y
>>
>>1280393
>why the fuck do you need surprise on your side?

>be hot grill
>be walking on street
>rapist be walking behind me
>rapist corners me in alleyway
>pushes me to ground
>surprise, I have a taser
>taser rapist because he wasn't expecting it because I had the element of surprise
>>
>>1272186
as silly as watching men in tights diddle each other while they pretend to fight
>>
File: 77657587080.jpg (155KB, 983x553px) Image search: [Google]
77657587080.jpg
155KB, 983x553px
>>1281674
So again, you're willing to throw a weapon that can be used against you at your assailant?

I enjoy knife throwing, but I wouldn't EDC them.
>>
>>1281817
>you're willing to throw a weapon that can be used against you at your assailant?
Even then, it's 1 knife vs your set of knives.
>>
File: 321532632421343.jpg (24KB, 460x445px) Image search: [Google]
321532632421343.jpg
24KB, 460x445px
>>1281826
There is just no getting through to you, is there?
>>
Kind of new to the whole knife throwing thing, but whats the point of spinning the knife when you throw it?
Wouldn't it be more efficient to throw it so that it doesn't spin?
>>
>>1276231
Kek
>>
>>1273781
This. Picking it up for defending yourself would be dumb. Pick it up for sport of if you think it looks cool, and if you somehow happen to get in a situation where it ends up being useful, great for you.
>>
>>1281890
It's either bait, because this board answer bait seriouslee, or a retard.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.