[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do the high-level guys in NXT actually have to train in-ring?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: ew4FJjWO.jpg (51KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
ew4FJjWO.jpg
51KB, 600x400px
Do the high-level guys in NXT actually have to train in-ring? Take someone like Samoa Joe, who is ready for the main roster right now and has 10 years of TV experience; does he have to go to practice with the Drifter, or can he just show up to shows and wrestle? I get that certain guys, like Nakamura or even Balor, probably need to go to promo class, but imaging them doing arm-drag drills with No Way Jose seems silly.
>>
>>1271302
Of course, you don't just stop training once you get good at something. Even the biggest guys on the main roster still stick to a strict practise, just ask Orton. He may be bit of a cunt but he takes his in ring work VERY seriously.
>>
File: 1462149985524.png (794KB, 1114x1082px) Image search: [Google]
1462149985524.png
794KB, 1114x1082px
They need guys like a Joe, Balor, or even a Ryder to help newer guys through the ropes. Why? General experience. Someone who is a little greener will learn a lot more by taking example of people who can work their way around. There is a level of importance of having someone like Samoa Joe down in NXT. I imagine he's a big help for helping home talent work their way around the ring.
>>
>>1271308
[Restholds intensify]
>>
I remember Meltzer saying last year that when they were still in NXT, guys like Owens and Neville could sit out drills if they wanted.
>>
>>1271302
They use guys like Joe to help train the younger guys. You know how most wrestling moves require two guys to do? Yeah.
>>
Joe is in NXT to lose weight.
>>
>>1271302
> do pro athletes go to practice every week? i mean they know how to sports
>>
>>1271302
I thought it was to get some of the people who wreslted in Japan used to an American ring due to the size difference
>>
>>1271778
And have sex.
>>
>>1272319
Indie wrestlers and overseas wrestlers are not used to matches with people their own size, much less giants. Size difference, TV friendly wrestling style, and the packed schedule are things to get used to.

Jericho's podcast with nxt guys usually ask the "how is overseas wrestling different" and "what is nxt like" questions.

That and learn how to do TV promos.
>>
>>1272418
>Indie wrestlers and overseas wrestlers are not used to matches with people their own size, much less giants.

Where'd you pull this from? 'Cause it smells like yo' ass.
>>
>>1272419
PWG routinely have male wrestlers below 5'8", and they are considered one of the better indie promotions. Kalisto and Rey Mysterio from Mexico and Funaki and Tajiri from Japan are the norm in terms of size. the brits are on the taller side, though.
>>
>>1272482
PWG also books guys like Cage & Dijak.

>Kalisto and Rey Mysterio from Mexico and Funaki and Tajiri from Japan are the norm in terms of size.

holy shit just quit now /wwe/ mark you couldn't possibly know any less of what you're talking about
>>
>>1272495
>confronted with literal proof
>responds with name calling

guess I won this internet argument

Smarks 1, Casuals 0
>>
>>1271390
>guys like Owens and Neville could sit out drills if they wanted.
Oh it shows Kev, it shows.
>>
>>1272482
Yeah Nakamura really struggles when he has matches with guys like gallows and bad luck fale. Oh wait, no he doesn't because there's no shortage of bigger guys to wrestle outside the wwe. There's more manlets and twinks, but still a substantial amount of big, stiff motherfuckers.
>>
>>1272540
You "guess" wrong.

> proof

All of those guys were considered "small" in their homelands, dumbfuck.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.