[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to learn kickboxing (or another fighting sport)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (473KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
473KB, 1280x1920px
Is it possible to learn kickboxing (or another fighting sport) by studying the technique and practicing at home?
I have crippling social anxiety but still want to learn a martial art.
>>
>>1267935
5'10-5'11, haven't measured myself in years. Why?
>>
File: meathome.jpg (28KB, 474x260px) Image search: [Google]
meathome.jpg
28KB, 474x260px
>>1267931

No. When I study the technique and practice at home all I find myself doing is playing vidya and shitposting here,
>>
>>1267931
Not really. You need instruction to correct bad habits. Why don't you get some head shrinking before you start training?
>>
>>1267951
Isn't that a matter of dedication?
>>1267989
>head-shrinking
What do you mean?
I don't function well in group situations at all which is why I wanted to try and do things by myself.
>>
>>1268000
I think he's trying to say that the reason you have anxiety about being in groups is that you're worried about how others will perceive your abilities and actions, which would only matter if you had an elevated opinion of yourself and didn't want to face the reality that you aren't immediately good at something.

I'm not necessarily saying that, but you will have a much harder time trying to learn a combat art which relies on the ability to react to someone else actively resisting and fighting back, without getting some coaching to work out and prevent bad habits.
>>
Not OP but

what if you had someone to check up on you a few times a year?
>>
>>1268960
Oh, right, although that's not true. I can't function in groups because I'm just awkward as shit and lack the most basic confidence/communication skills.
I used to do BJJ a few years ago for about six months but I stopped.
>>
>>1267931
I've seen videos where the claimed "self taught" look really shitty most of the time and on par with studying at a mcdojo. It takes a while to really understand just how you're moving.

The only way to get better at anything is repeating it until it becomes natural. If you're with a good group of people working on becoming better, they will most likely work on making you better too.
>>
It is in fact possible to learn a martial art and effectively apply it without a teacher and or sparring.

A common myth is that one is unable to perceive the flaws on one's movements when mimicking the movements of a martial art, and that a teacher is required to detect these flaws in form and aid in correcting them.
Detecting the flaws in one's form can easily be done with the utilization of attention to detail and a mirror.
It would take some very severe cognitive impairments and or lack of effort to be unable to do this, given that adiquate information is provided.

Another common myth is that muscle memory is required to apply martial arts, and that one would be unable to participate in combat without getting a gluteus maximus kicking.
One reason people believe this myth is because of how much more quickly humans tend to react to a stimuli with muscle memory rather than conscious reaction time. They fail to understand that this in no way means that conscious reaction cannot be utilized. With higher aptitude for reaction time and or training, one who may have never engaged in hand to hand combat will be able to perform as well if not better than one who has trained muscle memory for hand to hand combat, not to mention how muscle memory can be used in combat if trained with proper knowledge and understanding beforehand.

Experience is only as creditable as how it's interpreted.

Not saying that learning with a teacher isn't almost always more efficient.
>>
>>1267931
>Is it possible to learn kickboxing (or another fighting sport) by studying the technique and practicing at home?

are you stupid? if you're not stupid you can learn kickboxing by studying the technique and practicing at home
>>
>>1269246
Wow, this is more stale then the shit wrassal have posted here
>>
>>1269279
Not as stale as the uneducated hive mind opinions that were around before the pasta.
>>
>>1267951
that's a misleading file name
the home is clearly not made out of meat
>>
>>1267951
>When I study the technique and practice at home all I find myself doing is playing vidya and shitposting here
This. It's just a lot easier to practice the same thing a lot of times over and over again if you have someone who you respect telling you to do it.
>>
IT'S POSSIBLE TO LEARN THE PEDIGREE!
>>
>>1267931

With no one to help you with form, and no one to spar with, martial arts are generally pretty shitty to train by yourself.
>>
>>1267931
You can learn bjj at home with the Gracie brothers online course
>>
File: 61vwGs--wkS._SY445_.jpg (29KB, 307x445px) Image search: [Google]
61vwGs--wkS._SY445_.jpg
29KB, 307x445px
>>1267931
Why learn Kickboxing when you can learn the intricate art of Wing Chun?

In Wing Chun there's punches, kicks, even grappling, and so much more.

The science of in-fighting is Wing Chun for a reason.

With one easy payment of $19.59 (shipping and handling not included) you can learn Wing Chun right at home!
>>
>>1267931
>crippling social anxiety
>martial arts
You need someone to point out your flaws if you train martial arts.
Your situation does not compute.
Doing this shit on your own only results in you forming bad habits and fucking yourself over.

Self-training is complementary, not how you actually acquire any skills.
>>
>>1270903
>Self-training is complementary to training
>training is the means in which skill is developed
>self-training is not how you acquire skill
Nice contradictory post.
>>
File: post.jpg (183KB, 1859x333px) Image search: [Google]
post.jpg
183KB, 1859x333px
>>1269246
This is the only post that matters in the thread.
>>
Don't listen to these kung-fu fags, OP.

It is impossible to learn how to swim without water. But fuck that, lets get into the crippling anxiety thing for a second.

Let's imagine that you found some at-home training material and torrented it, now it's time to apply it. Congratulations - you just gave up to your anxiety and fed it further. Pat yourself on the back.

If you get out of your shithole and meet other people to train with on their terms, however - you're walking out of your comfort zone. This is exactly what you need. The only reason you have your anxiety is because you never wanted to face it, because you were anxions.

And here's the important thing about martial arts:

IT IS ABOUT WALKING OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE OVER AND OVER.

That's literally what martial art training is. This is the only way to excel at it.
>>
>>1267931
Is it possible to learn how to dance by studying the technique and practicing at home?
Yes.

Martial arts is just dancing, except the rhythm and timing is more complex.

Technique is technique, whether it's for the club, ballet, raves, or martial arts.

Remember when everyone was shuffling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ6zr6kCPj8
>>
>>1267931
It's possible to learn how to kick and punch and move your feet, but you can't learn real defense since you don't have anyone to attack you.

You can learn everything yourself just fine though. I taught myself how to punch and kick and I was significantly better at it than people who had been taking classes for years. All it takes is practice.
>>
>>1271672
>>1267931

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AohMxzz0WnM
>>
>>1271672
>Martial arts is just dancing, except the rhythm and timing is more complex.

TMA-like typing detected.

Martial arts is much closer to playing a 1v1 sport than dancing, and like martial arts, you'll never learn how to play any such sport by yourself. Try becoming a tennis player alone with no opponents.
>>
>>1271682
>I taught myself how to punch and kick and I was significantly better at it than people who had been taking classes for years. All it takes is practice.

Better according to yourself because you spent all the extra time deluding yourself.
>>
>>1271704
1v1 sports are just dancing. It's very possible to learn tennis technique without a partner and a ball. Application of technique is more difficult without a partner, but is still possible with a ball and a wall.
That doesn't mean it's not more efficient to spar with a partner.
>>
>>1271710
>talks about delusion
>shows a lack of education of the brain in general
>shows delusions about psychology
>>
>>1271704
It's funny how people who've never played tennis before can play tennis, isn't it?

youtube.com/watch?v=U510WOuQhwg

youtube.com/watch?v=mNiatPY92Aw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yWOz7MisIs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmkhKC9oYRg
>>
>>1267931
What is kickboxing or another fighting sport?

Kickboxing and other fighting sports are more than just technique.

Technique a good fighter does not make.
But is technique alone enough to make a fighter?

Is sparring alone enough to make a fighter?

What is a fighter?

What is a martial art?
>>
>>1271687
The dude in this video sounds so gay that I gave him a downvote.
>>
Everything you learn at home goes donw the drain when you get hit in the fucking face.

I also recommend getting kneed in the liver. How do you expect to be ready for this without ever experiencing it? Not to mention hardcore physical preparation for a fight. Any real fight is 10x more exhausting than just sparring and you can spit your lungs out during just regular sparring.
>>
>>1272639
You can train intensely without sparring with another person
>>
>>1267931
No
>>
>>1269246
I want this meme to die
>>
>>1272984
It never will. As long as there's someone who can spout rhetoric and theory, it will always exist.

>>1272928
You can, but until you learn how the rhythm of a fight works and how it feels to have to work against someone actively resisting/ignoring your attempts at technique, you're pretty much just learning movements without application.

>>1271740
I don't understand what you're trying to prove. Is it that people are naturally awful at something until they have someone else who will help them get better? Because these guys are playing tennis at the lowest of low levels pretty much akin to "I can hit the ball back probably," which is "tennis" in the same way microwaving canned ravioli is "cooking."
>>
>>1273094
>perpetuating this meme
>>
>>1273094
Hey Benry, do you know of any kind of conditioning that I could do as a replacement for skipping? I've got problems with my achilles tendons getting sore very easily. Would a shit ton of burpees work?
>>
>>1273094
>As long as there's someone who can spout rhetoric and theory, it will always exist.
Sometimes, it doesn't seem you fully grasp a well rounded understanding of exactly what a theory is.

What do you think a theory is?

A theory consists of data, it's like a big hypothesis consisting of many other hypothesizes.
Theories are constantly tested, the sub-sections of theories, the hypotheses, are tested.
Science constantly changes its views based on new evidence.
Science doesn't try to find evidence to try and enforce its views.

If a theory is eventually proven wrong, it doesn't stop there, because things aren't simple, things are very complex.

If thing A doesn't happen because of B, it doesn't end there.
A happens when B isn't present, as long as C and D remain constant.

Boxing, for example.

If Boxer-A throws a Jab at Boxer-B's face, then it will hit Boxer-B's face.

Hypothesis Test - 001:
- Boxer-A throws jab
- Boxer-B notices in time
- Boer-B slips left

Now we know that if Boxer-B notices the jab in time, it will not hit him.

New Hypothesis: If Boxer-A throws a jab at Boxer-B's face while Boxer-B is blindfolded, then Boxer-A will hit Boxer-B's face.
Boxer-A ended up hitting Boxer-B in the face.

Now we know that as long as certain conditions are met, then jabs will always land because those conditions are met.
Here's the kicker, there are a lot of certain conditions and combinations of conditions that can be met in which a jab lands.

If Boxer-A fakes a cross and then throws a jab at Boxer-B's head, then Boxer-A will hit Boxer-B in the head.
>>
File: 9780973769890.jpg (19KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
9780973769890.jpg
19KB, 266x400px
>ITT: Everyone tries to argue their opinions are right, rather than working together to find the truth.
>>
>>1273808
Unfortunately the only other thing I can think to do to replace skipping is to do actual Shadow Boxing and really work on your footwork. Burpees don't give me that same kind of bouncy Rhythm that skipping and actually moving in the ring do. Fight tips on YouTube has a video where they suggest doing something called Ali Shuffles and they're okay but not great
>>
>>1274085
I'm aware of what theory is. If you've read any of my posts (which, based on how you worded your response, you have) giving advice or discussing this topic countless times before, you'd be aware of that instead of acting like a condescending windbag with ostentatious explanations of simple concepts.

The point is that there is no empirical evidence that suggests training in a combat art without an instructor there to provide feedback to some degree is as effective as training with an instructor. The other point is that training without am instructor can indeed be counterproductive because it can instill a sense of false-confidence in the practitioner who believes themselves to be more skilled than they actually are, as well as unintentionally creating bad habits that will only be harder to correct than had the person in question simply waited and found a knowledgeable instructor to help them when they started.

Every time those points are put forward, they are dismissed because "muh theory," can't be discounted because "muh lack of empirical research," since, apparently, tradition and input from respected and renowned instructors is less valid than postulating and theorizing.
>>
Isn't it possible to hire an instructor for occasional private lessons and practice the rest of the time? Would it be expensive?
>>
>>1274484
>The point is that there is no empirical evidence that suggests training in a combat art without an instructor there to provide feedback to some degree is as effective as training with an instructor.
You're missing my point.
The point is when you use "theory" or similar terms, when referring to people who "spout...theory," you're referring to people who accept their claims as true without the testing, actual testing or logical examination/peer revision. Furthermore, the point is that actual theorists, respectable ones anyway, don't accept their theories as true, or they aren't delusional, but hold the possibility that their theories could be wrong.
>>
Can't you learn techniques from watching videos and then practice sparring on your friends?
>>
>>1274484
>Every time those points are put forward, they are dismissed because "muh theory," can't be discounted because "muh lack of empirical research,"
I'm not here to argue either side. But it looks like you've missed out on some of th discussion.

>The point is that there is no empirical evidence that suggests training in a combat art without an instructor there to provide feedback to some degree is as effective as training with an instructor.
Some anons would refer you to
>>1269246
>Not saying that learning with a teacher isn't almost always more efficient
And some anons, or maybe it's just one guy, would further point out that Savant syndrome exists, and higher intelligence exists. Since higher intelligence exists, and ability to pay attention to detail and body awareness is part of intelligence, a human that's more intelligent ("if you're not stupid") would be able to pick up on the details that would be missed by someone less intelligent.

>it can instill a sense of false-confidence in the practitioner who believes themselves to be more skilled than they actually are
One of the arguments is that that could happen even if that person trained with an instructor. I think that's one of the arguments anyway.
But it's also my personal opinion that just depends on the person.

(cont)
>>
>>1274484
>>1275947
>creating bad habits that will only be harder to correct than had the person in question simply waited and found a knowledgeable instructor to help them when they started
Some anons, or it's just one guy, would point out the
>>1269246
>given that adequate information is provided
part.
I also remember you directly being a part of one of the discussions where this was pointed out.
That anon said something along the lines of "a human is just a book with a video camera," and "knowledge is the same whether it's in a human, a video, or a book."
You said something along the lines of "it needs to happen right when the mistake is made."
And I think the other anon said something like "it doesn't even happen right when the mistake is made eve with an instructor." This part is actually true, something about the time it takes for the light to reach the eyes, the information to be processed in the brain, the person making a decision which when made is then sent through the brain and eventually into the muscles and made into the action, it's actually pretty cool stuff.
The anon might've said something along the lines of "You can make the video shorter for faster feedback."
At this point, there's no evidence that people need close to instant feedback, or don't need instant feedback.
I haven't read it if there was any more discussion after that.

>apparently, tradition and input from respected and renowed instructors is less valid than postulating and theorizing
I actually remember this one. Some anon said something like "It's just as invalid as anyone else's opinion because of the lack of testing."
I wouldn't put it exactly that way, but he had the point that either sides of the argument lacked any testing or evidence.
>>
>>1274484
>had the person in question simply waited and found a knowledgeable instructor to help them when they started.
I remember someone saying something about not everybody has money for that shit, starving Africans practice because they like it even though they don't have good instructors, and something along the lines of it's better to have fun and do something kind of wrong instead of waiting your whole life to never do something right.
>>
>>1275932
>>1275932
read the thread faggots
>>
>>1275932

To develop technique you:
- watch technique
- do technique

To apply technique you do:
- forms
- drills
- pressure drills
- spar
At some points drills turns into sparring and sparring turns into drills.
>>
>>1275846
Please respond
>>
>>1275947
>>And some anons, or maybe it's just one guy, would further point out that Savant syndrome exists, and higher intelligence exists. Since higher intelligence exists, and ability to pay attention to detail and body awareness is part of intelligence, a human that's more intelligent ("if you're not stupid") would be able to pick up on the details that would be missed by someone less intelligent.

All of which points to a degree of exceptionalism that most people on this board don't have, so it's incredibly misguided to assume such a case. Additionally, it's not about "not being an idiot," it's about not understanding the full scope of a technique and not being able to predict the specific issues a person will have when attempting the technique which, if drilled over time, can create more problems than it solves.

>>One of the arguments is that that could happen even if that person trained with an instructor.

That's a false equivocacy. It's far less likely with an instructor because of his or her previous knowledge both mastering and teaching the technique. To dismiss an instructor wholly because there's a smaller chance he might overlook it is asinine.

>>I haven't read it if there was any more discussion after that.

That's because there wasn't. He continually insisted that methods that allowed for a greater margin of error and less scrutiny were just as good as more scrutinous methods and that point I decided it wasn't worth my time because his points all came back to "there's still a chance this will work, so it's equally as effective and correct as what you're suggesting," which is asinine.
>>
>>I remember someone saying something about not everybody has money for that shit, starving Africans practice because they like it even though they don't have good instructors, and something along the lines of it's better to have fun and do something kind of wrong instead of waiting your whole life to never do something right

If that's your goal, awesome. Have fun and do it to the fullest. But it sounds like OP wants to really learn kickboxing, not his own interpretation of kickboxing. I'm pretty sure this isn't what he's doing, but it's fairly disrespectful to lump one's self in with a group that has dedicated more time and scrutiny to their art. It's like the guys we get in the gym who claim they can box because they "street fight." We usually put them through a fairly light-average training menu for the day and never see them again because it's too much for them to handle. If they still think they're hot shots we let them spar and carefully (safely) wipe the floor with them. Acting like you deserve respect and legitimacy in an art because of something you cooked up in your back yard trivializes the hard work real practitioners put into it every day

>>1275932
It's already been answered. Short version: kind of. You can probably learn the basics and a facsimile of the art, but without a more knowledgeable person assisting you, it's not going to be greathe or too effective.
>>
Is it possible to get in excellent shape just with bodyweight exercises? Yeah, but it's inefficient. It's the same thing with martial arts.
>>
>>1274085
>A theory consists of data, it's like a big hypothesis consisting of many other hypothesizes.

No. It isn't that. A theory is an explanation for WHY a hypothesis is true.

First you make an observation: "This guy gets kicked in the head a lot."

Then you form a hypothesis: "He gets kicked in the head because his hands are too low."

Then you test it: "Hey, guy, keep your fuckin' hands up."

Then you see what happens. If he gets kicked in the head left, now your High Guard Theory has some merit.

The self-teaching meme isn't even a hypothesis because no observation preceded it. There are no self-taught fighters.
>>
>>1275846
It would get expensive really fast. Unless you can find someone who's willing to teach you privately for next to nothing, the cost of their time is just too much.
>>
>>1277087
How expensive are we talking about if it's only around two hours per week for example?
>>
>>1277090
That really depends on the person, their skill level and how effective of a teacher they are. If you're wanting the best of the best, you're looking at it 100's an hour if it's they're teaching at your house.
>>
>>1277097
I wasn't planning on asking someone to come to my house, more like me attending individual lessons or, if that's not possible, lessons with very few people. I've never seen anyone offering small courses though: it's always been a medium/large group of people which is what I want to avoid.
>>
>>1277106
Why are you so insistent on not working with groups? I realize you have shit social skills, but the only way to work on that is to actually try socializing. Do you think that just because you learn how to kick someones ass, in a purely hypothetical situation, you will be able react smartly when a complete stranger is swinging at you?

Try all you want to learn at home and have private lessons, but I think it's a fools errand that can't be fulfilled unless you're rich.
>>
>>1277106
That being said, if you really just can't deal with people at all, and I mean you physically can't manage it, a good martial arts school will be able to work with you transferring from one on one to full classes.
>>
>>1278537
>but the only way to work on that is to actually try socializing.
Actually some psychiatrists frown upon using just exposure therapy for anything, including social anxiety.
Especially when it's going from nothing to a whole class of martial artists than can get upwards of 10 people.
>>
>>1281124
Read
>>1278878
>>
>>1281124
>some

Weasel words detected.

You can indeed shop around for a psychologist who will treat you any way you want. A psychiatrist, of course, wants to prescribe you drugs and will never suggest "just" any therapy, because therapists don't take you out for lobster dinners and GlaxoSmithKline salesblondes do.

Go to a beginner martial arts class and fuck up in a group of people who are also fucking up and it will either mellow you out a bit or martial arts aren't for you.

How do you expect to be able to earn enough money for martial arts private lessons if you're this dysfunctional, and what do you expect to do with them if you're just going to throw spaghetti everywhere when shit goes down? Just skip the martial arts and stock up on spaghetti.
>>
>>1267931
Kinda, if you really dedicate yourself, but unless you also have someone to practice or spar with, it won't really be that effective. And even then it won't be as well as a gym/dojo. You could also end up learning bad habits since your view of yourself is biased. How crippling? You could always try and hope you turn out to be an autistic savant, maybe find some place to post like here and ask for advice. Really though you should probably work on the anxiety thing first. Maybe even check the places near you, see if any of them have a relatively small class so you can try to overcome the anxiety stuff. Unless of course it's like panic attack level. Fuck if I know, I'm not a professional.
>>
>>1282007
You don't go from couch to 5k in one day.
It shouldn't be any different for social anxiety.

What you're saying is like
>You should go and try to kick a baseball bat into 2 pieces with your bare shin. if you fuck up and break your shin and you're mellow, you're good; if you can't handle that, Muay Thai isn't for you.

I'm starting to think your post is bait just because it's honestly stupid.
>>
>>1282142
>You could always try and hope you turn out to be an autistic savant
You don't have to be autistic to be a savant, it just often helps.
Neurobiologically, if you're autistic, maybe somethin like Asperger's, generally speaking, the parts of the brain responsible for social interaction are less developed, and the development (sort of speak) that would've gone into those parts of the brain go into other parts, maybe the parts responsible for logic and reasoning, planning, memory, etcetera.
The brain is just more specialized.
Couple that with how with Asperger's and the like, the person fixates of a single or few interests, like an obsession, all that practice with that one thing instead of all other things creates skill, just because of the amount of effort and time put into that thing.
Things get in the way of life. People like to eat good food, so they learn how to cook, cook, and eat. All that time spent for food could've been put into an obsession: martial arts, for example. You still have to get nourishment to do martial arts, but you could've just mixed some of that meal-replacement drink or something.

Spend talking with friends? You could've spent that time practicing martial arts.
Spend time playing video games? You could've spent that time practicing martial arts.
Spend time posting on 4chan? You could've spent that time practicing martial arts.

Washing your hands after using the toilet? You could spend that time thinking about marital arts.
>>
>>1267931
One time when I was younger and in high school, I had to go to a college and do state testing. I only ate a banana that morning, but I spent time in the restroom shitting it all out because of how unsettled I was at the fact of having to in a room taking a test with other people my age.

Consciously, I was fine, or so I thought, but there were some physical symptoms like the shitting, and maybe raised heart beat (I don't remember) that suggested otherwise.
Kind of interesting.
>>
>>1267931
practising at home is excellent for lenghty drills. learn a kick, practice it 10'000 times so it becomes muscle memory. but you still need to spar, and you still need an instructor to teach you the basics and make sure you are learning things the right way. imagine that you practice a kick 10'000 times and then realise you had the wrong technique from the start
>>
>>1282505
>and then realise you had the wrong technique from the start
Honestly the whole thing isn't wrong, but it's small details that might not even matter in the end.
Doing it completely wrong would be thinking you're throwing a right cross when you've actually been doing an uppercut the whole time.

Not to mention the different schools of thought.

>you should stand with a 25-75 weight distribution
no that's wrong you should stand with a 50-50 weight distribution

>you should keep your fist straight when you throw a punch
no that's stupid you should twist your wrist

Chinese kickboxers don't turn their wrist, Western Boxers turn their wrist, it's really just small bullshit in the end.

At least you didn't spend all that time masturbating to pictures on 4chan.
>>
>>1268960
>>1269152

Dumbasses, he meant go see a shrink, as in a therapist.

18+ and I will pray for you tonight that you may one day have sex
>>
>>1282505
>>1282516
That's kind of like fixating on shallow bullshit in life.

>Oh my fucking god! I fucking lost my mother fucking phone! I'm so fucking upset!
shallow

>Oh my fucking god! I lost my mother fucking arm! I'm so fucking upset!
probably not as shallow

When people fixate on small bullshit so much, they often forget about what's important, maybe something important like living a fulfilling life and or having fun while you still can.

Not playing tic tac toe in your backyard with your friends just because you could be using wrong x technique is just stupid.
It doesn't matter if you might not be as good as the guys in tic tac toe championships, what matters is having fun with your friends doing something you enjoy.
>>
>>1282520
>18+ and I will pray for you tonight that you may one day have sex
I'm honestly not a fan of this "have sex" meme.
I like the fedora posting better.
>>
>>1282491
And that's why Asperger's are the superior race.
They're set up with superior intelligence from the start; while social interaction can always be learned.
While a normal person increasing intelligence is much more difficult, though, not impossible.

Asperger's master race.

INTJ master race.

Asperger's are superior martial artists.
>>
>>1283436
>INTJ master race.
The true master race is ISTP. Second best is INTP.
>>
>>1283537
ISTP is just a wannabe INTJ with ADHD.
>>
>>1283650
How so?
INTJ is the autist who sees himself as a mastermind. ISTP gets shit done.
>>
>>1283684
>INTJ is the autist who sees himself as a mastermind.
He knows he's a mastermind, and anyone with half a brain knows it. ISTP can only get things done when his ADHD brain can handle it.
>>
>>1283753
>ADHD brain
What do you mean?
>>
File: 1458435048174.gif (2MB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1458435048174.gif
2MB, 320x320px
>>1270269
''''''''''''''''''''technical'''''''''''''''''''' blue belt
>>
>>1282505
If you practice the kick incorrectly 10,000 times, you end up looking like Wu
>>
>>1284315
kek
>>
>>1282434

There's no transitioning 2 on 1, 3 on 1 training. Either you can handle class or not. If you're already comfortable going to private lessons, you accomplish nothing by continuing to do what you're already comfortable doing.

And no, it's not bait for me to say if you can't even attend a martial arts class, you're damn sure never going to win a fight with martial arts, so there's no reason to bother.

How did you make it through school? If you could do that, why couldn't you do this?

And flooding is a valid therapy technique too.
>>
>>1283436

Myth: Individuals with Asperger’s Syndrome have superior IQ scores.
Truth: Some people with Asperger’s Syndrome have high IQ scores but many more have average IQ scores and struggle with learning disabilities.

http://aspergersmn.org/history-traits-answer-mn/myths-answer-mn/

Sorry mate, but Aspies aren't ubermenschen. They're just people with a defect.

Intelligence and autism are orthogonal, but since being on the spectrum fucks up your educational efforts, you're more likely to end up left behind than you are to be running ahead of the pack.
>>
>>1283436
>>1283537
>>1283684
>>1283650

All of these things are just horoscope signs. They have no basis in any science. You could literally be arguing Capricorn vs. Gemini for all the actual reality involved.
>>
>>1284365
nice b8 u got ther
>>
File: 63463576463.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
63463576463.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>1284315
10/10
>>
>>1284315
I was Fake Wu for a while and even I felt that burn
>>
>>1284373
Let them have their vaguely mystic bullshit fun. Maybe next they can argue about the differences between ectomorphs and mesomorphs or something
>>
>>1284369
>>1284373
>no fun allowed
>>
>>1267931
No, you need to get the fuck out of your comfort zone. Yeah it's really hard but you just have to. I have anxiety too and I've doing boxing and MMA for over a year now, it's a positive thing for me to put myself out there, out of my comfort zone, I don't want to be a cripple my entire life being scared to interact with strangers. People have always been nice, friendly, and helpful during those classes, including the coaches. It's also good to see that not everybody is a pro martial artist and seeing people mess up is actually reassuring, you're not the ony one messing up sometimes and guess what, it's perfectly okay. No one laughs at them, no one yells at them, they get corrected and they're helped so they can improve themselves.

So sorry OP but if you want to learn martial arts you're gonna have to force yourself out of your comfort zone, I know it sucks, I know it's really hard, but this will help you a lot in the end. Your other option is to forget about everything you would love to donand stay in your room repeating to yourself that it's not worth trying.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.