[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NXT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: NXT.png (23KB, 288x346px) Image search: [Google]
NXT.png
23KB, 288x346px
Is it safe to say it's basically shit except for Live events?
The week-to-week is just three or four matches that run for about 8 minutes each that are slightly above usual Raw quality – which isn't anything to write home about whatsoever.
There are some really fun ones burrowed in there – Aries vs Tye this week was a great match for its length – but still, they're just above-average matches with little-to-no context.
>>
It's about the promos and segments, matches are just filler.
>>
More often than not I'd say the Main events are always worth watching. They don't seem to be building any feuds at the minute for some reason, they seem to have been misfiring since a load of people were called up, particularly in the womens division. Nia Jax this week and Eva Marie last week just do the show no favours. And not having the title change match even filmed properly, just makes the current scene a bit awkward.

But yes, the live specials are always worth checking out.
>>
I'm more forgiving towards newer wrestlers that are actually there for development. It'd be nice to see more of WWE coming up with new ideas instead of "Look who we stole this month".
>>
>>1265740
Especially seeing as it seems to hurt their own talents.
>>
>>1265739
>Nia Jax this week and Eva Marie last week just do the show no favours.
I really hope Nia Jax becomes something legit threatening. Having a powerhouse feels like it'd round out the women's division.
>>
>>1265725
>shit
Hyperbole. It's dull at it's worst. Still miles better than anything else WWE does. They're just struggling a bit right now after having so many guys called up and even more soon to be called up (Bayley and Finn).

They should really focus more on their own guys than the ones they poached from elsewhere, though. That's not the way to make new stars and it'll hurt in the long run. It's becoming a bit too much of it's own brand instead of developmental.
>>
>>1265752
>powerhouse
She is literally just a female hoss mate. Slow and boring. And fat
>>
>>1265752
This. WWE has no powerhouse women right now and it helps to have a variety of styles. Hopefully she won't end up being shit.
>>
>>1265740
>>1265749
>>1265760
I have actually been noticing this.
Emphasizing world-class talent pulled from elsewhere is one thing, but giving your own talent groundbreaking Main Event gimmicks like "The Drifter" and "No Way Jose" whilst you do so is another.
>>
>>1265764
That's why I hope developmental shapes her into something.

I'll give up on her if she's still shit by her WWE debut.
>>
>>1265782
I guess is she fails they've still got based Dana as the next step down
>>
>>1265782
>shapes her into something
a pear
>>
>>1265804
Pears are delicious.
>>
>>1265787
They seem to have given up on Dana. I didn't like her at first but at least she looked legit strong and was acrobatic, and being with Emma she got better. On the flip side I was looking forward to Nia Jaxx because her promos mad her seem like some sort of badass amazonian, then she walks out and she is just Reigns' fat cousin who can't do anything.
>>
>>1265880
Dana was just injured by le stiff gook. She is back now to rek up the womens division
>>
>>1265886
What match was this? Was it a house show?
>>
>>1265886
I thought she had returned ages ago.

>>1265891
Pretty sure it was a house show. It gets mentioned in Breaking Ground.
>>
>>1265896
She only returned a couple of weeks ago. She was out for a long ass time.

>>1265886
Asuka didn't hurt her, that was a work for Breaking Ground. The actual injury was never disclosed.
>>
>>1265725
>Is it safe to say it's basically shit except for Live events?
it's almost like half the nxt roster are guys who aren't used to doing things the way wwe does things.

like it's some sort of developmental promotion of something. Gee, I wonder
>>
>>1265901

She actually wrestled the week before Dallas but you're right, how she got injured was never disclosed. People need to pay more attention.
>>
should i go to one of the live shows next week?

never gone to a wrestling show
>>
>>1266161
You really should. NXT house shows are normally fun as heck
>>
NXT is a minimum effort kind of show now with writers now depending on star power to mask the repetitive writing. For wrestlers that aren't stars and need actual development (Eva, Nia, BAMF, Samson) they'll write something for them in the beginning and then have them coast on squash matches and having them lose to bigger stars all in an effort to make the stars look strong for the Takeovers. What do you think would've happened with Apollo if stuck around? Breeze? Rose? Nothing. Now guys like Tye have to rely on crowds to get them over and force them into bigger spots since writers are laser focused on who's coming in from the indies etc.
>>
>>1266064
Angry passive aggression is lovely, and you are adorable, but it doesn't mean it's not dull tripe on the weekly product, regardless of validation.
>>
File: 1404876400790.gif (381KB, 260x317px) Image search: [Google]
1404876400790.gif
381KB, 260x317px
>>1266176
Yeah, gotta save those quality storylines for the main roster.
>>
I stopped watching because nothing that happens off of the live specials ever matters. And it's not like you'll miss any good promos either because everyone sucks at them
>>
What actually grinds me most about the squash matches is how they are exactly same. Instead of using them as a way to atleast expand on the wrestlers, they just end up winning the exact same ways. Eg. Asuka had a couple of squashes against Deonna. They could have had win with an ankle, cross armbreaker, armbar, instead she won with a roundhouse and an Asuka Lock, two moves we know that she can win with. Another: Emma has pretty competitive match with Santana Garrett. Doesn't count for shit since Santana ISN'T on the roster.

So someone like Nia Jax seems boring when if you've seen her live or any of the fan videos of her matches you'll know that there's more to her than samoan drops and leg drops.
>>
>>1266189
Why do people always get pissy and bring up the Main Roster when people make any criticism of NXT?
I don't think he was saying the MR was at all redeemable, he didn't even make mention of it.
>>
>>1266166
i'm going now, it's only $27
>>
>>1266198
I'm just kind of joking around. I don't think I was trying to defend NXT's lackluster writing by saying WWE's writing sucks too.
>>
>>1266197
Nia Jax can only wrestle squash matches you idiot, have you seen the size of her?!

Remember when you could tell the difference between the wrestlers and the fans? Thank manlet Owens for this trend.
>>
>>1266197
>another samoan
fuck me dead
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.