[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are submission finishers dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1461104938024.jpg (127KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1461104938024.jpg
127KB, 768x768px
Are submission finishers dead?
>>
>>1259796
Among the male roster, mostly.
>>
except for nxt. joe, asuka, and bayley to an extent win fairly often with submissions.
>>
>>1259796
No i put your mom in a submission last night
>>
i fucking hate it when someone is in a boston crab or sharpshooter and they crawl to the ropes and you can see the fucking guy walking with it alowing the guy to crawl
>>
>>1262149
How else would they move to the ropes dumbass?
>>
>>1262156
He's a retard osw mark.

They work themselves into a shoot
>>
>>1262156
Well faggot. They should should stop doing that spot so often or do it closer to the ropes.
>>
>>1262123
Making her smell your underwear is inhuman
>>
>>1259796
They just need to start having more matches end with submissions and secondary finishers. How often does someone do them just have Cole yell "he got him, he got him". No Cole, he clearly hasn't got him because aside from small packages, no one has ever won any other way than doing their finisher.
>>
>>1262181
>no one has ever won any other way than doing their finisher.

It is very rare someone ever wins with an actual normal move. I just wish finishers meant something again. It's getting old how everyone kicks out of a finisher or two. Reigns has the most protected finisher right now.
>>
>>1262213
Exactly. It's like Sami's Blue Thunder Bomb. Looks awesome, could be a legitimate finisher, always kicked out of. I know it's a signature move but it'd be nice to see it used as a finisher in some matches, then he has to bring out the Helluva kick to put away tougher opponents. It helps build the story if it's a move that can finish a match. If every time he does this move and someone kicks out of it, it has no impact, because you know it's going to be kicked out of.

That's why they always do kicks out of a finisher. Because it's not always expected, so when someone does it adds tension to a match, but then they go and ruin it by doing something stupid like have Reigns kick out of AJ's finisher 3 or 4 times.
>>
>>1262251
It's crazy how this little bit of ring awareness and psychology really changes the entire landscape of the WWE. The only true offenders of this are the main eventers. The midcard usually sticks with the finisher ending the match, which is why the recent U.S. Title and IC Title matches seem to mean a little more, because when it's about to end, it's probably gonna end, and when it doesn't, it's so exciting. But every main-eventer has to hit twenty finishers on a guy to finish him off. Unless you're Reigns of course
>>
>>1262251
I actually marked out when I saw Bryan vs Cena at Summerslam because I thought Bryan actually beat Cena with a regular old running dropkick. Then I found out it was his knee and I still thought it was cool. Then it turned into his finisher...

Overall though I really like what they did there. Suddenly Daniel had a finisher that wasn't a submission and he debut it in spectacular fashion.

The problem is pretty much almost every finisher can be kicked out of now. Especially on certain ppv's. It might have been great at one point but I feel it's worst now than it ever has been so it becomes very noticeable a problem. For your idea to work though wrestling needs to start incorporating basic moves again. Most wrestlers on WWE have pretty much all signature moves as the moves they do. I remember back in the old days you saw almost everybody doing a regular old suplex. Many guys also did the figure four, amongst other moves. Now they don't suplex unless it's a superplex. And not a flashy version of a regular move either. Since then it becomes a more signature move. Such as Orton's DDT. Oddly enough what has become a basic move in modern WWE are suicide dives aka planchas. Every fucker seems to do one now and often in the same ways.
>>
>>1259796

The last time Finishers were a common threat was when Brock was using the Kimura lock. Sure there were some decent matches ending in finishers, but there hasn't been a signature submission in a while, where you think the match is about to end..
>>
>>1262304
When is the last time Jericho made someone that mattered tap to the walls of jericho?
>>
>>1262149
>boston crab

this doesn't look convincing anyway, even Jericho can't make it look good.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.