[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Combat Sambo X Hapkido similarties

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: StraightPunch.jpg (197KB, 900x525px) Image search: [Google]
StraightPunch.jpg
197KB, 900x525px
"Hapkido buzzkill guy" here (yup still around)

I recently watched a video of "Russian Military Sambo"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS93djtHQMU

I was shocked as how extremely similar it was to the style of hapkido I practice.
It seems like the main difference is just in the approach to training rather then techniques.

This leads me to want to discus with anyone on here that wants to weigh in, especially anyone that does sambo (I know full well no one else on this board actually trains hapkido).

I will warn that the video is completely in Russian, which I don't speak/read, but it is not really important.

Hopefully there are still enough martial artist left that want to discus particular martial art.
>>
>>1255121
>(yup still around)
Noone cares.

>How to throw a straight punch.
Pity you're not straight isn't it.
>>
File: 0_fucks_given.gif (727KB, 244x200px) Image search: [Google]
0_fucks_given.gif
727KB, 244x200px
>>1255151
Thanks for the bump.
>>
>>1255121
What are the training methods in your style of hapkido?
>>
>>1256103
Compliant partner drills
>>
>>1256703
Compared to sambo
Relative low amount of sparing, lack of a competitive environment, self defense focus, that kind of thing. Also a lot of time is spent on stuff like standing joint locks, that I feel could be better spend doing nearly anything else, but whatever.
Sambo seems to be more sport like and alive in its training.
While military sambo seems to be trained similarly to hakido only with more sparing, less standing joint locks, and being much meaner to demo partners.

>>1256703
Only for learning new stuff and warm up.
Rest of our drills are with resistance... with the exception of standing locks most of the time, which I personally dislike.
But go ahead and keep making assumptions.
>>
I would say that maybe you should try sambo then, but it is not really available most places.
>>
File: 1427819188100.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1427819188100.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>1255121
>art of manliness
>90% likelihood of this image being part of a self-defense guide
>suggests a hand-detonator punch
>>
>>1259251
>hand detonator punch

?
>>
>>1259265
Hand is weaker than skull.
Instructions amount to "punch with as much force as is physically possible with a straight punch".
Result will be a very broken hand.
>>
>>1259251
You do see them wearing gloves right.
Besides there plenty of places to hit someone with a straight besides the head.
>>
>>1259290
>You do see them wearing gloves right.
It's Art of Manliness. There is a very high chance that they are just doing gloves in the image to aid the "old school" visual style.
>>
>>1259300
There is a very high chance you are trying way to hard to find something wrong with it.
It is just showing how a straight is thrown.
Quit bitching.
>>
>>1259280
If you weren't an obese sheltered fuck who only knew about sports through youtube videos, you'd know that we don't target the "skull" when boxing. Now go back to your fake fighting tv shows for children.
>>
Trying to get a discussion going of two relatively obscure martial arts
On a board where wrestling has clearly taken over

I will give you a pity bumb but I really can't see this thread surviving for long.
>>
>>1255121
>I know full well no one else on this board actually trains hapkido
I did for a few years, the locks are useful, but not much else really is.
>>
>>1259280
HAHA OH WOW
>>
>>1255121
>Coach has a wicked game where he just chains wristlocks on you as you grip fight with him to set up sweeps/other submissions
>Ask him to show me some of it
>Shows me, then tells me a story
>Guy used to train at our gym
>Giganigga, former Gangster's Disciple, had killed people
>Had kids, got his act together
>Giganigga went to a hapkido dojo to learn martials arts
>When he gets their the instructor tells him to grab his wrist
>"No. I don't do that"
>Instructor shrivels up and cowers, and reflects on decades of practicing his martial art, all defeated by someone refusing to grab his wrist
>>
File: 8nLFCVP.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>1260030
>oh god, everything I trained is worthless because someone refused to grab my wrist so that I could demonstrate a shitty white-belt technique that could only be used in a hypotethical situation and is actually just for learning purposes!
>>
>>1259251
Is art of manliness just a shitty site for hipsters who like vintage stuff, or does it have anything useful on their thats old and vintage because they like it that way and people poke fun because its easy and no one is allowed to like things unironically anymore?
>>
File: Grappler vs striker.gif (2MB, 324x244px) Image search: [Google]
Grappler vs striker.gif
2MB, 324x244px
>>1260009
I find it stunning that we have the polar opposite view of the parts of hapkido that are useful.

I think the locks are only useful if it is your job to restrain people and use pain compliance to do what you want. So it might be useful to cops or security people, but not really anyone else in real life.

But the strikes, kicks, throws, and groundwork are very useful for ether fighting or self defense.

>>1260283
If you are so curios why not just check out the site for yourself and make up you own damn mind.
I did not even get the image directly from the site. I got it from here from one of the old technique threads.
>>
File: thYESZL94Y.jpg (17KB, 480x249px) Image search: [Google]
thYESZL94Y.jpg
17KB, 480x249px
>>1259382
>>
>>1260557
Of couse I'm going to check it myself, but that's not going to stop me from asking.
>>
>>1258089
I get the feeling the top part was supposed to be a reply to >>1256103
>>
>>1261823
Well shit. Did not even notice.
>>
>>1255121
Always wanted to try sambo. I hear nothing but good things.
>>
>>1262849
Maybe it's possible you hear nothing but memes.
>>
>>1263253
No, Sambo is like Judo/wrestling mixed together. And combat Sambo is basically MMA
>>
Isn't Hapkido just Taekwondo with a bunch of wrist locks?
>>
>>1268668
Hapkido is just Aikido for autists
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.