[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brand split

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: ChEXuTyUgAE7UZT.jpg (73KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
ChEXuTyUgAE7UZT.jpg
73KB, 600x592px
People thinking the E will do a brand split again are retarded. However, a brand split in which Shane runs once show but the authority runs another could work, provided all talent is available on BOTH shows. So what do you guys think of separate bookers for the separate shows but no separation of talent?
>>
Seperate talent. I'll watch the show without Roman ruining it
>>
That would literally change nothing so that idea is fucking stupid, OP. Rosters need a split so we actually see something diverse and SD wouldn't be used just as RAW recaps.
>>
>>1243653

If a brand split happens, all of the big stars will be on raw and smackdown will be even more of a worthless shitfest. Enjoy Kevin Owens and y2j being the top smackdown talent
>>
>>1243686
As long as there is two belts, ill watch both shows
>>
>>1243686
this is exactly what would happen. mostly the same talent getting used with MAYBE a few fresh faces getting something to do. if they introduce another belt it would just be a glorified intercontinental title with no one watching. the women would just be 2 hw on one show and paige + a hw on the other. same shit.
>>
I think they would do the latter. Hopefully it makes Smackdown more relevant, but at the same time I don't want it to be bogged down with Authority shit.
>>
>>1243686
no, if the Authority is on Smackdown Haitch will use his backstage pull to get more stars on it

Seff will be on Smackdown too
>>
>>1243686
>Enjoy Kevin Owens and y2j being the top smackdown talent
I would enjoy that very much
>>
It would be retarded.

Prove me wrong.

The only time the brand split was good was when Heyman was writing SD's tv, producing some of WWE's best content to date.
>>
If a brand split were to happen, I would be in favor of not having the title split. It would be interesting to have Shane and Steph compete to have their top talents grab the belt in order to give their shows a power boost. To counteract that, have a Raw Belt and a Smackdown belt.
>>
>>1243686
>Owns and Y2J
Enjoy Reigns and Cena
>>
Where are the brand split rumors coming from? It's been super heavy the last few days leading up to Payback.
>>
>tfw you realize a Survivor Series match will happen and so the brand split only happens to make Roman look strong against a whole brand

AH FUCK
>>
>>1243755
>Vince is going to make an announcement regarding Shane at Payback
>WWE currently has lots of talent (indy darlings)
>?
TEW bookers booking a brand split because they're pro.
>>
At least a brand split would give me incentive to watch both shows. And it'd be able to give more focus throughout the roster instead of Smackdown being a recap of RAW.
>>
>>1243686

Thanks I will you stupid idiot
>>
>>1243744
I can get behind that... but at the same time... damn I want the big gold belt back
>>
>>1243789
Same here desu, up until a few weeks ago I was still trying to watch smackdown but even then I was just skimming through it on Hulu. I've stopped watching completely now
>>
>>1243650
Roman doesn't look like a real person in this picture. He looks like a giant plastic sculpture.
>>
>>1243686

I will.
>>
They should just have the top guys on both shows and spilt the mid/under carders so we see more of them.
>>
>>1243755
Vince will decide who controls Raw at Payback, so only Raw, not Smackdown or NXT, say Shane wins control of Raw, Trips still has NXT and Steph and Vince still have Smackdown, and they're going to take wrestlers with them, boom brandsplit
>>
>>1244144
Nah, they need to go whole hog with it. Lurching out and not going all-in will have them relying far too much on the same few stars even in a more divided format, which would take the biggest strength of a brand-split, the unique air of either show, and fuck it up entirely.
They should dedicate, and build new stars, actual new top-level stars, by circling the shows around them.
Cena/Reigns heading up Raw and Seth/Dean/Bray heading up Smackdown would be a good start, as those guys are all established among fans, and they could just build from there.
>>
>>1244150
When I say top guys I basically mean whoever the champs are, not guys that are considered the actual superstars. Everyone else would be split but the belts can be on both shows so we don't end up with 2 WWE Heavyweight champions.
>>
>>1244161
Would that really be bad, though? Would giving either show a distinct Champion for that roster to chase, and put that guy over as a company-leading star be so bad?
It might even be an opportunity to elevate the IC to that position if you didn't want to reintroduce Big Gold.
>>
>>1244165
I think it's just stupid having 2 belts that are basically the at the same level. and as >>1243744 says, it'd mean each show would pull out the stops to have their guy be the champ. Sure he'd then be on both shows but you know he would be a RAW or Smackdown guy. Maybe keep the IC and US championships on a specific show so it would be that shows de facto championship.
>>
>>1244187

Whoever has the WHC at the time will remain on their respective show. This will encourage the other show to step up their game and find a challenger to get the belt back. Instead of trying to find competition with other programs, they can create competition from within. Also, IC US TT and WC get to be on both shows if need be.
>>
>>1243686
>Enjoy Kevin Owens and y2j

Raw will have 0 decent heels
>>
File: 1456023586685.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456023586685.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
>>1243650
Why not a brand split with RAW remaining the pg current state of RAW-tier it is now show.

Then take Smackdown, re-brand it possibly, and make it the T14 show?

Give it it's own PPVs, it's own titles, ETC.

And have the odd cross over event or PPV event, like possibly Wrestlemania.

The company could satisfy both major audiences, each week.
>>
>>1244370
Get this hothead outta here
>>
File: 1459741805114.png (1MB, 896x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1459741805114.png
1MB, 896x1052px
>>1244376
FUCKING THIS, if they do a brand split

SPLIT IT.

Keep them completely on different spectrum, have maybe Wrestlemania and a few other PPVs ever have any kind of cross-over scenarios.

and bring back T14 for Smackdown could potentially give it a whole audience of it's very own, turn it into a live event as well, no more fake crowd noises, and put it in a different city from wherever the fuck RAW is on Monday to double down on this.
>>
File: 1386884453567.png (10KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1386884453567.png
10KB, 500x500px
>>1244376
>>1244386

would be cool but it won't happen
>>
>>1244376
So basically bring back what happen a couple years back?
>>
File: 1461640368182.jpg (446KB, 1883x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1461640368182.jpg
446KB, 1883x1044px
>>1244376
mfw we could get Smackdown vs RAW-tier quality games again maybe

>>1244398
I think so, but I'm assuming a heavy focus on keeping them a very separate program.
>>
>>1244402
06 was the only good SVR game.
>>
File: 1461531492708.gif (1MB, 325x400px) Image search: [Google]
1461531492708.gif
1MB, 325x400px
>>1244376
>Seth comes back for Smackdown

RAW can keep the "womans" wrestling please
>>
>>1243650

>All the talent is on both shows

That's the problem we're already having, shitdip. When the same people are wrestling the same matches twice per goddamn week, it's REALLY difficult to care about any of it when you could be enjoying much more fulfilling forms of entertainment, like a good video game, playing a round of golf, or watching better wrestling like LU.

The WWE roster is deeper than it has ever been. They have PLENTY of people to divide between two shows.

However, even if they do that, it will still likely suck ass as the same unrelenting dipshits that are ruining the product with their shitty writing and booking will keep on doing exactly that. The only thing will solve that problem is a brand split and then delegating the booking/writing responsibilities for each show to a smaller team of people that know what the fuck they're doing.

I doubt Shane is around for the super long term, so get Heyman or even Joey Styles to book Smack!Down, while Aitch takes care of RAW with Vince's supervision. This is how a GOOD company would do things: effective delegation of responsibilities to competent workers.

WWE prefers the sort of draconian, capricious top-down micromanagement that worked SO well for the Galactic Empire in Star Wars.
>>
File: 1925923969346.gif (1021KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1925923969346.gif
1021KB, 500x278px
>>1244439
>so get Heyman or even Joey Styles to book Smack!Down, while Aitch takes care of RAW with Vince's supervision. This is how a GOOD company would do things: effective delegation of responsibilities to competent workers.

This

&

>>1244376
>>1244386
This

>Mfw hardcore title came back for Smackdown
>>
>>1243701

>hw

What did he mean by this?

Also, the smart thing to do would be to keep the entire women's division on RAW while moving all Tag Teams to Smack!Down. Or vise versa.
>>
>>1244407
07 was objectively the best one.
>>
>>1244439
>When the same people are wrestling the same matches twice per goddamn week,

The majority of the WWE roster doesn't even get 2 TV matches per month.
>>
File: dontyoudarebesour.jpg (61KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
dontyoudarebesour.jpg
61KB, 620x350px
I figured it out. OP wasnt' talking about WWE. He was talking about Big E

He's going to divide into two smaller black people and the new day is going to be a four man team now.
>>
>WWE wouldn't do something because its stupid
>>
So here's how I want the brand split to go down:
> Shane gets either smackdown or raw bc it doesn't matter
> Traditional draft process not the shit lottery
> The roster gets split down the middle with IC on one show and USA on the other
> 6 PPV's featured whole roster(RR, Wrestlemania, MiTB, KOTR, SummerSlam, Survivor Series), 3 for Raw 3 for Smackdown
> Only time people can move is in a brief window after wrestlemania or by winning KOTR/RR or cashing in the ONE MITB briefcase
> Every draft after the first one become a draft for NXT talent
> Champion gets drafted by one show, seth rollins using the 'I NEVER LOST MY BELT' reasoning becomes the champion of the other show

Hopefully they split the writers too, because they've got too many cooks in the kitchen. This could also make the upper mid card less fucking packed.

I never got the 'theres not enough talent for two distinct rosters!' reasoning. There is, they've just using it worse.
>>
>>1244611
Jesus this is feeling like 2002-2003 booking kinda.
>>
>>1244615
What a coincidence, Thats when the brand split was good.

Well except HHH's reign of terror. That was painful to watch.
>>
>>1244616
I just hope they get new sets, or bring back the fist, or the oval.
>>
>>1243686
>Owens and Y2J
I mean.

I could certainly live with that.
>>
>>1245053
>people i disagree with wear hats
Kys
>>
>Wanting a Seth Rollins Reign of Terror of SmackDown
>>
>>1244376
This is what kevin nash said he would do if he ran the company
>shorten RAW because not all people have 3 hours in the afternoon.
>because its called RAW keep it raw with T14 and push it back an hour or 2 so its on late.
>keep smackdown for the kids
>>
>>1245089
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x54K-BmUHE0
>>
>>1244411
Give smackdown the divas title and focus on their sexuality more, keep the woman's title on raw for the transgender technical women
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.