[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/eternal skateboarding general/ Newfag OP Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 52

File: kickflip-2[1].jpg (2MB, 2896x1944px) Image search: [Google]
kickflip-2[1].jpg
2MB, 2896x1944px
Information for beginners, PLEASE READ BEFORE ASKING: http://pastebin.com/C6rEGbzD

Shoe info and feedback, feel free to contribute on the 2nd link (the first is the shoe reviews): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

SKATEBOARDING IS 90% MIND, 10% BODY
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

old thread: http://boards.4chan.org/asp/thread/1213859/eternal-skateboarding-general#top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-c7kXpRVIQ
>>
So I got sold a 7.5 as standard deck, and I have US feet size 11.5 and realised it's a little small.

But I figure it will help me learn good balance, but can I just increase the board size to an 8 and keep the same trucks?

At least at first, then buy some more trucks later. I just don't have all that much money right now.
>>
File: madotsuki.png (4KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
madotsuki.png
4KB, 184x184px
South Korea?
>>
>>1227595
Usfag, just stumbled across it and like it.

>>1227594
I know it's doable, I don't know if it's recommended. Searching says its fine, but primos will be a a pain in the ass to pull off. I'm guessing if you're a total novice, you'll have the opportunity to get matching trucks by the time you're doing something that advanced, though.
>>
File: 1.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
Heyoo, i'm kind of new on the subject of skateboarding / longboarding but i've ordered a longboard last week ( mostly for cruising on nice days / excuse to go out more often ).

I quess always really liked the "form factor" of longboads and such.

Is there any stuff which i'd need or need to know? ( Tools, technical tips on replacing parts etc. )

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>1227605
Clean you're bearings, don't go out in the rain.
Also expect some beef from skaters, not too much cause you aren't vying for space in the park, but some people don't like being associated with longboarders.

I'm not bothered, but board sports have always traditionally been quite sectarian and exclusive.
>>
>>1227606
Thanks for the advice, kinda weird though, i'm from the Netherlands and generally skaters of any kind don't get much flak here. A lot of people i've known rode lots of different boards aswell. Longboards, penny boards, skateboards.

All kinds of 'em.

Oh yes, i was wondering if longboard parts are pretty much compatible with any other parts. ( pairing certain wheels with trucks etc. )
>>
Started skating about a year ago. I really like skating miniramp but i dont know what to learn next. I know how to do 50-50, 5-0, rock and roll and rock to fakie. Sorry for bad english.
>>
File: 1445552936664.jpg (15KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1445552936664.jpg
15KB, 177x278px
https://soundcloud.com/terry-hesticles/terryhesticlesskatepunkmix

If you don't know, now you know
>>
Been getting super comfortable dropping off a two stair I found, thinking it's time to move onto the 5. Wish me no broken bones friends.
>>
>>1227618
if you live here nice I've never noticed any issues since I moved here, it's mainly an issue with english speaking countries.
Guess you are wanting to go into freestyle and dancing cause of how flat it all is.

Longboards use bigger trucks that are put on the board in a reverse fashion, called a reverse kingpin, and the wheels are far too large for a normal skateboard. So the parts aren't really compatible.

Most skate shops ive been too now have massive longboard selections as that is what the market demands.
>>
>>1227624
You cant find a single 3 or 4 stair?
Also you don't necessarily need stairs, just try and get some distance when ollieing off a small ledge, draw a line to mark where the end of the stairs would be in your head.
>>
>>1227631
I can't pace myself like that, if i'm in the mood to try something semi ballsy I just do it. It's how I learn most stuff, and if I fail I just practice on what I need to do to get it right.
>>
>>1227633
fair enough
Stairs are normally a confidence thing rather than technique so you'll be groovy
>>
>>1227635
The way I see it, I go fast enough and pop an ollie at the end there's no way I couldn't clear it.

Worse thing that could happen, I fall on my ass, roll an ankle or fall slightly hard on my wrist. All things I've experienced and got over within a few hours/a day
>>
>including that autistic OP crap in every thread instead of having original OP posts
lame as fuck lads, crap like the shoe reviews are utterly worthless and should be dropped
>>
>>1227599
>>1227594
I upgraded to an 8 and kept my 7.5 trucks. It's doable but I'd recommend upgrading when you can. Primo flips were actually the first trick I learned and I think it overall helped my balance alot. Do it until you can afford new trucks anon.
>>
>>1227671
Not OP and not autistic OP, but does it really matter though? Always see someone bitching about it, who gives a fuck as long as people are discussing skateboarding.
>>
>>1227671
Get bent.
>>
>>1227671
>shoe reviews are worthless and should be dropped
Hi, D3 anon
>>
File: Gravette.jpg (134KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Gravette.jpg
134KB, 640x640px
What's the best way to 50-50 on a rail? I don't know if I should treat it like a ledge and come at it from a angle or just go straight and ollie on to it.
Also how should I lock in? Heel or toe side?
Please Haalllp.
>>
>>1227676
Does it really matter that someone always comments on it though? Exact same thing man, I'm sick of seeing it so I commented on it, you're apparently sick of seeing such comments so you comment on it.

>>1227679
Fuck off Bart

>>1227687
Mildly amusing lad, but desu I doubt anyone has found it genuinely useful and think it should be dropped
>>
>>1227671
>Having a totally blank OP post is better.

>>1227672
I'm going to try practicing primos once I don't bust my ass going in a line.
>>
>>1227578
OP, did you really post a picture of yourself?
>>
>>1227724
No, kek.
>>
>>1227722
They're easier than you'd expect desu.
>>
>>1227714
I just don't see why you have to act like it's a major issue. It's really nothing. Stop acting hard because you're a fucking puss in real life.
>>
>>1227714
I know it's kind of shit but the shoe reviews is there mainly for the anons who start off with canvas Vans or who doesn't know how fast they'll burn through shoes. If the reviews were to be kept, it would have to be constantly updated and uncluttered, because we literally have a review for a pair of Doc Martens on there.

I completely understand if we drop it though. Just know video reviews of shoes are just as worthless. Let's replace it with this
weartested.com
>>
>>1227738
Actual link
http://www.weartested.com/
>>
File: mado.jpg (107KB, 1137x659px) Image search: [Google]
mado.jpg
107KB, 1137x659px
>>1227595
>tfw no cute Korean gf who does silly longboarding shit
>>
>>1227738
We also need to update the pastebin considering DNA and Black Box is kill.
>>
>>1227722
>>Having a totally blank OP post is better.
The guy who made that thread isn't me man, I said we should have original OP posts instead of copy pasted ones and that we should drop things like the shoe reviews.

>>1227734
I'm not acting like its a major issue, I'm just commenting on it. Stop being an idiot and stop posting shit cop outs, not once was I acting "hard".

>>1227738
Personally I think we should just drop out, I for one am sick of seeing it when I don't think beginners even bother to open it and I don't think it would help anyone else.
>>
What's y'all's opinions on bamboo boards?
Apart from the price it just seems to make sense, 60 years for one maple tree is pretty bad.
>>
>>1227977
I had a Habitat bamboo deck last year, it was a bit lighter but still not much different.
Overall it was great, lasted me 4 months
>>
Yo guys, what's a good skateboard channel on youtube? Preferrably videos that aren't 70% filler material/personal blog?
Please not Braille/Andyschrock or redbull. Currently subbed to ninjalifestyle
>>
>>1228074
>Currently subbed to ninjalifestyle

Fuck out of here Ninja, you're a faggot and look like a pitbull.
>>
>>1228120
True. Recommend me some good, creative channels?
>>
>>1228139
And I don't mean creative as in "This week: Skateboarding an ipad!" Or "This week: Game of skate with a WATERMELONE!?"
>>
just wanna say you guys and the airsoft folk are the most persistent bunch and I love ya all
>>
>>1228139
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4eKh3pMZapjL0kKCI7zKEw

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcR4-YP9T7NdPvy3VlTm5wg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt16NSYjauKclK67LCXvQyA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GhW1sZbuZA (only worth watching until king of the road comes out on the 28th)

https://www.youtube.com/user/PotatoPlop/videos

Idk those are a few channels I watch and enjoy.
>>
>>1228180
Thanks friendo
>>
>>1228175
Love you too
>>
>>1228224
>friendo
why
>>
>>1228175
Seem like the airsoft guys gotten hostile with the trap-kun posting.
>>
recently got into skateboarding

and even after a month i realise how much of a scammy cash grab this entire industry is

spent £60 on 'skate shoes' that got a hole within the first week, and are now unusable because it goes straight through to my toe. so if i wanna grind my skin to the bone i know what to do

£110 on a deck that i built myself and one of the trucks comes loose all the time (maybe my own fault? but i don't see how i could possibly fuck it up)

it's been a month already, do i need to blow another £150 on this?
>>
>>1228281
What kind of shoes? Hopefully not canvas.
Also have you tried tightening your trucks?
>>
>>1228281
You sound like my friend, salty because he tore a hole through his shitty vans that aren't made for skating trying to learn how to ollie correctly without tearing up his shoes, then gave up and bought a longboard. Used his skateboard for 1 month.
>>
>>1228294
>waaaaaaaaah muh wwe!!!

You do know you can hide threads right? Fucking newfag.
>>
>>1228291

they were some adidas ones, really had to search far and these were the only suede shoes i could get without online shopping.

even the shops that sell things like vans only have the converse style. the only thing sold in this country are fucking converse shoes i swear.
>>
>>1228304
Don't bite the bait, idiot.
>>1228307
Well can't really help since I'm not familiar who Adidas. But what models were they?
>>
>>1228307
Norway?
>>
>>1228304
>if you don't like autistic OP making a second thread instead of posting in the existing thread its cause you like wrasslin XD!!!!
What a cop out
>>
>>1228265
Something wrong... Friendo?
>>
The rain is killing me.
Just got Ollieing over small shit down and almost got pop shuvs.
It's predicted to have thunderstorms for the next two weeks.

Think I'm going to have to get acquainted with the local bridges, don't have any multi storey ones without security.
>>
>>1228522
It just rained in my city, I feel your pain.
>>
>>1227623
I was going to post it before the troll showed up.

It's all good.
>>
Why do retard skateboarders usually not wear helmets?
>>
>>1227714
then fucking share an idea and contribute to it and stop complaining about it. Shitposter.
>>
File: heresynotOC.png (120KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
heresynotOC.png
120KB, 500x310px
>>1227599
>primos
>not railstands
>>
>>1227738
>>1227755
I too think it's kind of stale and needs updating.
But I am not sure if the people who made this a couple of years ago are coming to /esg/ anymore.

I would also like to point out the fact that in the previous thread, in spite of a conversation about Tired, there was no mention of ThreadKilla.
>>
>>1228317
not him but it might have been the busenitz vulc, really thin suede.
>>
>>1227977
I 'm down
Also, a substitute for urethane.
>>
>>1227622
Try BS disasters for a challenge.
>>
>>1227623
>GBH-Race against time

if you 're the bro that broke the board the first day he got it because of a failed flip attempt, you are a soulmate.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1461616403332.jpg (69KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461616403332.jpg
69KB, 960x720px
>tfw this is outside
>>
>>1228791
It's almost May, where do you live?
>>
>>1228822
Sweden. It's actually been kind of warm lately but winter usually returns as soon as everyone thinks it's over.
On the bright (no pun intended) side, we have the midnight sun atleast. Sweet skate sessions all night.
>>
anyone know where I can find the braille skateboarding tutorial series for free online?
>>
>>1228939
Blind skateboard company lel
>>
>>1227698
Do not approach at an angle (why do this for ledges?) or go straight on. Approach parallel and shifty onto the rail.
>>
>>1228939

torrent it
>>
>>1227738
>>1227855
newbie here
i found the sticky helpful
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 317x218px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 317x218px
I want to buy a skateboard but I'm 6'8" and I think I would look pretty silly on one. Thoughts?
>>
>>1229348
>I'm 6'8"
No joke?
>>
>>1229348
It'll be a odd sight but you'll manage.
>>
>>1228412
I'm not the OP of the last thread, and that blank ESG was made prematurely and entirely out of spite for the last thread's OP, which is even more autistic than whoever keeps bitching about this thread.
>>
>>1229348
Join crew
>>
>>1229254
Tried, only the first volume is available on TPB. I'm on a few private trackers but none of them have it.
>>
File: 20160402_063006.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160402_063006.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Rolled my ankle a few days ago and it still hasn't gone down. Been wearing a brace in the mean time. Should i be concerned?
>>
>>1230591
Have you been using ice?
>>
>>1230687
Yes alternating with a heat pad
>>
>>1230694
Well don't really know what to say, I usually just ice for a couple of days and it healed but yours looks pretty nasty.
Maybe get it checked out?
>>
>>1230757
See i went and got it checked and they said it was a strain so it should go down after a few days.
I can walk normally but i tried ollieing and the sideways movement nearly had me on the ground
>>
>>1230815
Did you skate with the big lump on your ankle? Cause that's dumb.
I think its going to take longer cause I had to strentgen my ankle after the swelling went away.
>>
>>1230815
Is the swelling still there?
>>
>>1230591

That's just swelling. You'll be fine. Swelling is normal so trying to get rid of the swelling right away isn't going to accomplish anything, it needs to swell initially to begin healing the muscle. After about a week or so of trying not to move it, then start icing/heating to make the swelling go down temporarily, then use those few minutes its down to massage it and or do little circles/stretch it. It will hurt but doing so activates the muscle and helps it repair faster and also eliminates excess swelling. Then it'll puff back up. But if you can work on stretching it and massaging it while its healing the swelling will go down quicker and you'll heal quicker. The only reason you've lost movement isn't because you're injured its just because swelling is in the way and restricting movement. There's not much doctors can do for things like this so a lot of times going to them for sprains can be a waste of time and money. That looks like it'll take a month, maybe two months max to be back to normal it doesn't look serious.
>>
>>1229348

Some of the best skaters are tall. Andrew Reynolds is your size. It's a big benefit, rails and ledges are going to be easier for you to get on.
>>
>>1228074

lurkNYC , quartersnacks , and VicsMarket are the best stuff on jewtube

MajerCrew can be sort of cringey but they are ridiculously talented
>>
>>1231126
>Andrew Reynolds
>6'8
What, dude is like 6'2. if anything Figgy is the tallest.
>>
>>1231440
Yea Figgy is 6'5.
>>
>>1228992
Okay I got the going parallel part but now I'm stuck. I can't quite land the trick, should I ollie off or do a manual at the end?
>>
>>1228615
I am sharing an idea, learn to read. I clearly stated I think the shoe review for example should be dropped from the OP posts. Thats an idea.

Unlike you who didn't share any ideas and just complained, shitposter.

>>1228636
I've been here since day one, but never involved myself in making the pastebins cause I always thought they were pretty lame.

>>1229313
What parts? I'm genuinely curious.

>>1229908
>than whoever keeps bitching about this thread.
Dude, stop with this bullshit. Its not just one poster who thinks the OP posts are outdated.
>>
>>1231908
not the same newbie you were talking to but a previous newbie you bitched at for being the "autistic op" (>>1227686)

I used it to get an idea of what I should get when it came to trucks, bearings, etc. I also used it to check out the various brands that were listed, see what I thought about it

fact is, if the pastebin wasn't there I would've probably asked what to get in the thread, and I guarantee tons of newbies like me would do the same if it wasn't there to stop them from being an idiot. this is common practice on reposted threads, it just makes sense. dunno why you're spending so much of your time arguing about it when it's really not a big deal, dude
>>
>>1228281
You're right, you should try a cheaper sport like snowboarding or golf.
>>
>>1231980
>not the same newbie you were talking to but a previous newbie you bitched at for being the "autistic op"
I'm not the guy who replied to you in that thread, seriously stop assuming everything is the same guy.

Also guess what it doesn't stop newbies from posting "is this alright for my first setup", that still happens frequently.
>>
Why must we fight? Let's go back to being comfy /esg/ and not hostile /esg/.
>>
>>1232045
I'm disappointed we didn't just use the other thread, instead of having autists get mad there was no pastebin crap and create another for no good reason
>>
>>1227724
No I bet OP is black and doesn't even own a skateboard yet.
>>
>>1232336
Liar I'm ebonkin and have my online cart full
>>
File: 1_71095.jpg (48KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1_71095.jpg
48KB, 450x450px
Instead of fighting post your favorite graphic or most recent board
>>pic related both accounts
>>
>>1232350
whats this based on?
>>
what age were you when you started skating?
i'm 19 and have always sort of been into skate culture (have a lot of friends who are skaters, 200+ hours on skate 2/3, watched berrics religiously back in the days), but i feel like it would sort of be a bit goofy starting now
generally speaking i dont really care what other people think but idk
would appreciate some input, thanks~
>>
>>1232364
Not sure but is part of the blacklight series
>>
>>1232056

you do know the pastebin is helpful for people like >>1232366
>>
>>1232366
OP here, started at 20. Last week.

Also to a certain Anon:

I looked at it and holy fuck it looked ugly. Didn't hurt much tho.
>>
>>1232366
I'm 22 and it's basically the same, always watched skate videos and competitions as a kid, always loved skating games.
When I was 12 I was trying to Ollie my massive walmart board and drop in before I'd even tried pushing around on the thing.

Started like two weeks ago, haven't had many chances cause of rain, but it's great fun, Ollie's already getting higher and got manuals okay.

Any sport/activity/hobby you get into as an adult you will meet children who are already infinitely more talented than you might ever wish to be.
Be that painting, juggling etc.

But with even some skill outsiders can't tell that you are new or bad. And those in the know won't judge you unless you act like what you want.

Tl;dr do it, but don't lie to people about just starting
>>
>>1228614
Not usually doing anything that requires a helmet. However, people probably should wear them if they're jumping down 10 stairs or something.
>>
>>1227977
Doesn't sound like a bad idea. I'll ask my local to get some bamboo decks in.
>>
>>1228851
I know that feel. I used to live on Svalbard. The midnight sun is fucking great.
http://youtu.be/1essD3NSouU
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1200x1311px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1200x1311px
>>1232350
Probably the one on the left.
>>
File: skatesantaPBR.jpg (110KB, 700x611px) Image search: [Google]
skatesantaPBR.jpg
110KB, 700x611px
threadly reminder: if you are constructing posts to reply to the troll, the troll wins. He just wants to shit the thread up. The more well thought out your reply, the more he wins and the more the thread goes to shit, wasting posts on a digital scramble.

>>1232350
cracked it 2 days ago. I would have had it for a week today.
>>
What do you think?
>>
>>1232635
Looks great.
>>
>>1232386
But instead of using it and avoiding doing the "should I try to skate" post. He ignores it and does the annoying newbie post anyway. Which is kinda my point.

We have shit up there on the pretense it will help newbies, so they don't shitpost beginner questions. But they ignore it and post them anyway. It doesn't solve anything having them there.
>>
Anybody know a good local skateshop in the GTA? Specifically Milton, Mississauga, brampton areas?
>>
>>1232555
oh shiat
>>
>>1228281
Aw poor baby got tricked into buying skate team/pro sponsored gear.

There are cheap good boards/trucks/wheels/hardware/etc...

Ur shit will just look plain as fuck. As long as you don't care about having the flashiest/coolest set-up you can get it on the cheap.

My current board was maybe 40 for the trucks a long while back, 20 for wheels, 20 for a blank and tape, and like 5 for hardware. Oh and reds are 20 too. That's all USD tho. Converter to pounds said that was closer to 72 pounds.

If you've got a good local skate shop, go talk to a clerk there and ask him to help you out picking good cheap stuff.
>>
>>1232366
Skated as a kid. Never got too good. Couldn't even Ollie. Stopped until about a year ago. I'm 23 now. Still can't Ollie, but I'm way better than I ever was as a kid
>>
Tips for learning to manual without getting a major case of razor tail?
>>
what do you listen to when you skate
usually i'll just throw on a jungle mix and cruise around
>>
>>1233332
nothin. i just skate
>>
>>1232984
Prices for decks, trucks, and wheels are all much higher in the UK. If you buy a deck for $50, we buy it for £50. Same with everything else. It's a ludicrous mark up, but that's how it is. The price we pay to not live in America.
>>
File: Kleppan_Sponge_large.jpg (19KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kleppan_Sponge_large.jpg
19KB, 480x480px
>>1232350
Karsten is my favorite skater so I bought his. Not my face graphic tho
>>
File: BRDTMCP03ZOOM1[1].jpg (48KB, 295x450px) Image search: [Google]
BRDTMCP03ZOOM1[1].jpg
48KB, 295x450px
>>1232350
>>
>>1233440
sounds to me you got off pretty cheap, hehe
>>
File: 3098904639_a1167eb8b6_o.jpg (49KB, 520x818px) Image search: [Google]
3098904639_a1167eb8b6_o.jpg
49KB, 520x818px
>>1227738
> we literally have a review for a pair of Doc Martens on there
I don't see the problem bruv
>>
>>1232635
Radddd. Size at tail and nose??

You like fuckin shreddin bowls anon?
>>
Newbie here, skated a pretty decent distance on my cruiser a week ago and it left my push foot really sore, leaving me with a limp. it stops hurting after a day or two but whenever I get back on and push, it comes back again.

is this a bruised heel or something? should I just lay off of it? Fucking annoying, the weather just got good again

>>1232350
>>
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/heaven-on-wheels-meet-the-skateboarding-padre-9716584.html

>fucking normies
>>
>>1234019

Where does it hurt? It'll get easier foot just getting conditioned. Ice the bitch and go shred.

I can't help myself so I always end up skating on injuries. Luckily the weather and work has allowed me a four day break. Tomorrow the weather should be great sp its shreddin time.
>>
File: 1460394873380.jpg (2MB, 2929x2457px) Image search: [Google]
1460394873380.jpg
2MB, 2929x2457px
>>1232386
>>1231980
>>1231908
I agree copypasta OPs are dumb. they're like trying to imitate subreddit sidebars or something. they look stupid and make the OP a huge mess and take up obnoxious amounts of space on the frontpage.

and the google doc urls are so long and shitty

Keep the pastebin link, but just stuff EVERYTHING into so it's just one link. how hard is that?

just pastebin link and previous thread and then whatever OP the OP wants to stuff in
>>
>>1234037
At the bottom of the heel and base of the foot like in the middle. I've been skating on it, it doesn't actually hurt really but it makes it keep getting worse, so I'm not sure if I should just lay off of it until it goes away. I've only tried for 3 days or so at a time before I get sick of waiting. But I don't want to fuck myself up or anything
>>
>>1234062
how about forgetting about it?

>>1234053
how about no?
>>
>>1234062
How old are your shoes? Check to see if the inner sole is worn down. I padded out with some thermal socks for a while, helped majorly.

Give it some more time if it's really bad. I know its tough anon but you'll get through it.
>>
>>1234053
w2c
>>
>>1233602
awesome graphic
>>
>>1233135
Balance board.
>>
>>1232635
The Sloth olus hands down the best graphic in the Welcome line up.
>>1233602
Any graphic from the Tempster is gnarly.
>>
Why are thunders such a shit?
My axles are bent to shit so now I have a stanced ass ricer board.
>>
New Skateline, check it out.
https://youtu.be/61-Rk5J3jJ4
>>
File: 1430782956092.jpg (262KB, 1284x980px) Image search: [Google]
1430782956092.jpg
262KB, 1284x980px
>>1234468

I personally can't stand the way that they turn I don't get how people ride them

>>1234472

Based gary
>>
>>1234114
They're pretty old. They're basically converse but junya watanabe brand so I'm not sure if they're even fit for skating. gonna pick up a pair of old skools this weekend
>>
>>1234492
I already had 3 pairs, love them.
>>
>>1234259
it's just all stars with the patch replaced
>>
>>1233135
use your nose
>>
>>1234259
NASA
>>
File: moontrimmer.jpg (232KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
moontrimmer.jpg
232KB, 1000x667px
>>1232350
I like this graphic and I already ordered my second copy.
I also love the Blood Wizard logo decks.
>>
File: FOT6CD1(1).jpg (756KB, 1992x1121px) Image search: [Google]
FOT6CD1(1).jpg
756KB, 1992x1121px
Anyone try mob clear grip yet? I just finished gripping some for the first time
>>
File: banana-phone.jpg (45KB, 363x500px) Image search: [Google]
banana-phone.jpg
45KB, 363x500px
>>1232635
Got this 2 birthdays ago from my gf. Loved every session with it.
>>
>>1234545
I'd say this is the source of all of your problems.
Get something with nice squishy inner-sole or by some fresh ones.

When my shoes die, so do my feet.
>>
>>1235263
Thats sick
>>
>>1235263

nice job, dood. how different is it from regular grip?
>>
>>1235329
I haven't had a chance to skate it yet but it's much rougher and chunkier. Kinda like heavy grit sandpaper
>>
File: skterold.jpg (105KB, 1023x700px) Image search: [Google]
skterold.jpg
105KB, 1023x700px
>>1235263
I like your style youngin
>>
>>1235263
Enjoy shredding through your shoes twice as fast
>>
Super rainy outside. What if I just skate anyway, how fucked upp will my board be?
>>
>>1235391
who the fuck edited that? he has three legs in that shit edit
>>
File: 1.jpg (942KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
942KB, 2448x3264px
Well, this is my new ( first ) longboard, had the opportunity to solo ride around town for the first time. It was a bit though at first, but i think my brain clicked after about 20 minutes, when i've found the correct pose.

Shit's fun, can't wait for the summer.
>>
>>1235720
You rode around town and your wheels are that clean after? Where the fuck do you live.
>>
>>1235720
Fuck off
>>
>>1235552
Just don't do it son

Find an indoor park or some overhang and do some flat ground
>>
>>1235761
Nah, that was the picture before i rode it, the wheels are a bit smudged now, however some cloth helped me get rid of most of it.
>>
>>1235873
>wiping wheels down
why?
>>
>>1235877
I accidently rode through a puddle so i kinda wiped the whole thing dry afterwards.

The weather is sort of rain,sun,rain,sun all day long so the streets had mostly dried up.
>>
>>
>>1235889
there's really no point to keeping your wheels clean.
>>
why are non-serviceable bearings a thing?
>>
>>1234014
Not really, I usually just skate flat, but hell I like the board. Not just the graphic, the shape too.
>>
File: deck_nose_tail.png (57KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
deck_nose_tail.png
57KB, 600x338px
Hey guys, are you picky about your board pointing the right direction at all times? I've seen people who don't care at all and people who are very hardcore about it.
>>
>>1235924
is that real?

some kid is gonna die from this
>>
>>1236075
I like keeping the nose in the front. Keeps my autism in check.
>>
>>1236075
I am. It's one of my few ocds.
>>
>>1234053
>>1232699
>>1232604
>>1231980

http://www.strawpoll.me/10048923
>>
>>1236075
I'm not picky at all, since all I can manage to do right now is cruise. It'll factor in later on, I'm sure.
>>
>>1236075
When I get on my board for the first time / after a break it has to be the right way round.
If I bail or shuvit then I stop giving a shit.
>>
>>1235873
you clean your board????
>>
>>1236127
seems we are half and half about it.
I think updating it is the way to go.
Whoever is 1337 among us, do your magic.
>>
>>1236442
I suggest some links to brailes videos.
People may hate on them but honestly it is good advice and saves us on very basic questions.

Also potentially links to regional online shops and some basic shit saying any complete from a local shop or genuine skateshop online will do any beginner fine.
>>
>>1236770
>I suggest some links to brailes videos

fuck no
never
>>
>>1234663
>>1232635
How easy is it to do flip tricks on boards like this? I've always wanted one but I like flip tricks. Skating bowls is the dream but there arent any on my island.
>>
>>1236770
>>1236782
you know what? we should put up DON'T ASK HOW TO OLLIE.
Half the fun is learning. Advice deprives a fellow skater of fulfillment of the full experience
>>
>>1236804
are you seriously suggesting you figured out how to ollie all on your own?
>>
>>1236075

Unless you buy one of the symmetrical/twin tail shape decks that Real and others make, the nose and tail are differently shaped so yea you should be keeping it in the correct direction

Pic related is one of them
>>
>>1236786
It feels wonky at first but it flips the same as a popsicle deck. Just look at Ryan Lay.
>>
>>1236786

It's not that hard, oddly I think a squared tail makes 360 flips a bit easier for some reason, and when the deck tapers outward toward the nose I think flicking kickflip and heelflip is easier too. That said a thin light popsicle is probably way better for flippery but shaped decks aren't terrible if you only need to do basic flip tricks every once in awhile
>>
New My War video, this week it's Nuge.
https://youtu.be/lmJ73LWSgq0
>>
>>1236786
One of the team riders seems to flip his board just fine.
https://youtu.be/ZIqW7DbA6GY
>>
>>1236839
no

but you can't have advice on any fucking trick.

And if you want, you can find the way to do it.
>>
>>1236846
Ryan is a gnarly dude, he has a insane nollie.
>>
>>1236933
I mean even the ollie
>>
File: yuri-yuri-7.jpg (149KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
yuri-yuri-7.jpg
149KB, 1024x768px
If we're keeping the OP we should have a list of seminal skate vids.

H-Street's Hokus Pokus & Shackle Me Not, A Love Supreme, new deal useless wooden toys, birdhouse's the end, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HDyWXhpp6Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtC7s2pbtvI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IFBrv1zSac
>>
>>1236899
qt at 2:08
>>
File: 1454208562993.jpg (57KB, 584x960px) Image search: [Google]
1454208562993.jpg
57KB, 584x960px
>>1236969
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6-pV23i3z4
>>
>>1236075
i use the nose as the tail when i'm riding to places to get some use of it. otherwise, i skate the tail as the tail unless i'm doing shove-it variations, like hard flips and varial heels
>>
>>1236969
What JAV is this?
>>
File: 1436332238474.gif (424KB, 464x381px) Image search: [Google]
1436332238474.gif
424KB, 464x381px
>>1237078
it's just daily life in japan.
>mfw shitchan doesn't support webms
no yuri yuri in motion for you
>>
I read somewhere that most goofy riders are left handed.
Sounds like bullshit to me, as I'm goofy and right handed.

Anyone got some facts on this?
>>
>>1237114
I'm goofy and right handed
>>
>>1237114
Total bs.
>>
>>1237114
goofy right handed here
>>
>>1237114
Regular lefty. I call bullshit.
>>1236969
You can do that every once a while but people's choices in vids change and/or differ from others to try and do it every thread. That's one of the reasons why that watchroom a couple months back is kill. Also (personal opinion here) it COULD hinder the progress of the thread if no one wants to learn switch or nollie and thinks it's super okay to skate completely devoid of tech circa 1992
>>
>>1236075
I like to keep it the right way round desu. My trucks have accrued different amounts of looseness due to a generally higher pressure on my back trucks over my front trucks. It means that riding with the board in the wrong orientation alters how the board feels when turning. During a line I'll generally shuv my board back the way it's supposed to be.
>>
I need the milk deck.
NEED.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEuaFHcuKlz/?taken-by=leskateboards&hl=en
>>
>>1237391
wow thx now i need to jerk off
NEED
>>
>>1237391
YES
>>
>did a rolling Ollie for the first time today
Ayy lmao
>>
>>1237463
Congrats amigo
>>
File: tumblr_o35ri9BAqO1uuu6ydo1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x613px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o35ri9BAqO1uuu6ydo1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x613px
>>1237322
Just keep it certified classics. every medium has a canon

>thinks it's super okay to skate completely devoid of tech circa 1992
but it is. and just make sure the list isn't biased towards one style.

the point of vids is to show what's possible, not lay down what you should be doing. having a familiarity with older ones gives you a better sense of history and development of styles as well as variety beyond what kids on yt and at your skate park are up to. lot of skaters are limited to only contemporary trends. like thinking you can't skate vert on a cruiser for example
>>
>>1238034
Thanks for the clarification homie. I see your point now. Just make sure we have some plaza skating for anyone who wants to ledge dance.
>>
some good posting going on in this thread of ours.
>>
I'm searching for a good and cheap newbie board. What are your opinions about those?

https://www.skatedeluxe.de/en/habitat-ellipse-7-875-complete-board-red_p86663?page=1&cPath=83
https://www.skatedeluxe.de/en/powell-peralta-skull-sword-7-875-complete-board-grey_p77610?page=1&cPath=83
https://www.skatedeluxe.de/en/globe-full-on-8-complete-board-black-hibiscus_p91923?page=1&cPath=83
https://www.skatedeluxe.de/en/globe-jason-lee-parry-8-125-complete-board-hollywood_p91929?page=1&cPath=83
https://www.skatedeluxe.de/en/sk8dlx-letter-8-complete-board-black-grey_p71774?cPath=83

Are they ok? And which might be the best for a beginner?
>>
>>1238297
I would personally choose either the Habitat or sk8dlx complete.
>>
>>1227595
Daewon Song?
>>
>>1228630
Fucking autistic talking about railstands vs primos when some faggot just said "primo flips were my first trick" and went unharrassed, baka, if you cant do a ton of badass shit on your board and you are learning the most uninspiring circus tricks ever you should kill yourself, but please kill the 40k fag first because at least you're doing faggotry, where he quibbling over it.
>>
>>1235720
>>1235924

WrongBoarding
> not even once

B
T
F
O
>>
>>1238452
what on god's green earth did u just say homie
>>
>>1238631
You're up when the rooster crows
DVR filled with shit-tier shows
Wearing trendy normie clothes
And then tomorrow you'll do it all over again

My social circle only has room for edgelords
Abrahamics, no, they can't be real Nords
Fucking normies, fucking normalfags, get off my board
>>
>>1238868
>Abrahamics, no, they can't be real Nords

/pol/ shit posts in esg?
>>
>>1236066
What's the size of it?
Go tear it up ina bowl on that thing its perfecto
>>
>>1238868
man i love coming on 4chan just for the cries of "normalfags!!!!!"

loved your poem, loved your effort, 10/10 would get a kick out of again
>>
>>1238297
Habitat
>>
>>1238996
Skating is for renegades and rebels.
We distance ourselves from society and thrive on subterfuge.
Normies are the skaters sworn enemy.
We r leejun etc.
>>
Isn't KOTR coming out today?
>>
>>1239127

it's supposed to come out at around 11 pm, forgot which local time
>>
I picked up skating two months ago and convinced three friends now to start. It's fun, senpai
>>
>>1239193
what trix can u do after 2 months
>>
>>1239193
I picked up skateboarding 1 year ago, still no friends.
>>
>>1239193
same my dude, it's fun as hell but the weather is so bipolar in the UK so we don't get to skate a lot :/
>>
>>1239229
man it's been sooooo shit this week and last. I have such an urge to skate but every time I'm free it's wet as fuck. I was going to go to the indoor park near me this evening but then I had a huge burger and some beer. Not really in the mood right now. Champion's league it is.
>>
>>1239097
>We r leejun etc

kek

you need to take a cold bath btw
>>
File: 1437073456487.jpg (216KB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
1437073456487.jpg
216KB, 500x530px
>>1238452
>>1238868
>>
Gonna go night cruising. What shall I listen to?
>>
My feet are size 13 American and I got a 8.5inch board. Is that big enough?
>>
>>1239678

Yea that should be perfect
>>
>>1239652
Refer to >>1227623

>>1239678
As long as you feel comfortable on it is.
>>
>>1239678
You can skate any size you want.
>>
>>1228669
Wasn't me, but I still love you.
>>
>>1239652
K-ON! soundtrack is great way to get the adrenaline flowing
>>
What do you think of viceland teaming up with Thrasher? Yay, nay or meh?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10076485
>>
>>1239706
Weeb
>>
>>1239710

If it's good I won't mind too much.

It's a bummer it's out so late though.
>>
File: image.jpg (190KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 750x1334px
Mmmm
>>
>>1239858
Skating on top of this parking garage where I live is delightful, it's got some cool shit to manual on and drop. Also it looks really nice around 7pm
>>
>>1239875
>>1239858
Also we found this spot yesterday, literally flat land paradise.
>>
>>1239858
Hey cutie, you alone?
>>
>>1239858
yummy

post some footy while rolling
>>
>>1239826
pls no bully
>>1239858
Film a trick for us.
>>
>>1239710
Viceland is a Spike Jonze project. He's been involved with skating since the early 90s so it's safe to say it's in good hands
>>
>>1239934
weebs are spineless fucks and great targets for bullying, fag
>>
File: nobully.jpg (53KB, 572x487px) Image search: [Google]
nobully.jpg
53KB, 572x487px
>>1240059
>weebs are spineless fucks
>>
File: IMG_3277.jpg (153KB, 750x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3277.jpg
153KB, 750x736px
>>1239934
>>1239917

https://youtu.be/e0DS4rgWfVw
>>
>>1240074
Nice front shuv.
>>
Looking to try a new board brand. Any suggestions? I've been riding Girl boards and most recent was an almost. Anyone recommend any brands?
>>
>>1240110
Organika or Polar
>>
>>1240074
Cute line.
>>1240112
Isle
>>
>>1240110
krooked
>>
>>1240110
Flip
>>
>>1240110
Scumco & Sons.
>>
File: IMG_3695.jpg (77KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3695.jpg
77KB, 540x960px
>>1240105
Thanks but it was pretty terrible. My phone kept turning off because it was so cold outside and so I didn't have time to redo that line with much cleaner tricks.
>>
>>1240112

Pretty sure organika is done, sadly

>>1240126

Second this

>>1240072

Just ignore the wrasslefags
>>
File: Mustang15.jpg (467KB, 750x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Mustang15.jpg
467KB, 750x1250px
>>1240155
this is probably the best board I've ever owned.
Dat silver spoon concave.
>>
what yall think about shaped boards' comeback?

I'm fully into it. fuck standardization
>>
>>1240110
Quasi
>>
File: twoprinces_grande.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
twoprinces_grande.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>>1240225
how's the quality on quasi? wondering about polar, 5boros and 917 call me too if anyone owns a deck

really regret not copping pic. looks fucking beautiful
>>
>>1238960
You're a bunch of fuckin' normalfags
Sayin' YOLO, showin' off yer swag
No chicken tendies in a Wendy's bag

Laughing, living, loving
Get shitfaced when you're clubbing
Hop in this fucking oven
Put you down, you'll fuck things up again and again
>>
>>1238996
I jerk my weiner to 2d anime porn
3d bitches, can't touch my Japanese sword
Fucking normies, meatbag NPCs, get off my board

Havin' sex with herpes-ridden slags
All my Stacys goin out with Chads
Cuz they're a bunch of fuckin' normalfags
>>
>>1239558
Why the fuck are you still here
Your shitty fun, your shitty music, your every taste is so shit tier
We're gonna bake all those half chan jews
Normies, breathe in the gas, take the social cues
You're so concerned with fairness
Rooting for Daenerys
I just want to stop your claptrap
Put a bullet through your snapback
Y'all sing it with me

You vote Republican or Democrat
You're neurotypical while I'm so sad
Goddamn motherfuckin' normalfags

You're lily white but you pretend you're black
I'll die alone, but not enslaved to hags
I'm not a stupid fuckin' normalfag
>>
>>1240253
>You're neurotypical while I'm so sad
depression is a myth. drink more water senpai
>>
>>1240231

pretty sure 5boro is made by Crailtaps woodshop as weird as that may seem. I owned the polar P3 shape myself and the board is still going strong two years later although chipped to shit, its my backup/cruiser. Haven't seen 917 IRL yet but they and Quasi are from the same woodshop I do know that
>>
>>1240274
Goddamn motherfuckin' normalfags
>>
>tfw extremepoorfag with airspeeds and a oldv waterlogged board
>>
what's a trick you guys thought you'd never get?
i recently got back smiths. it's so weird - i wasn't even able to get into them and in a few minutes of just going for it i got them. now i just gotta learn to pop out
>>
>>1240656
Back tail. Finally got the shittiest one after a battle and was psyched.
>>
>>1239652
Endtroducing
>>
>>1238034
>Not a make
>>
File: LacingtechniquesTheAthletesFoot.jpg (350KB, 1291x877px) Image search: [Google]
LacingtechniquesTheAthletesFoot.jpg
350KB, 1291x877px
I recently adapted my lacing for the wide forefoot and the heel lock on my dc lows and my now they feel ungodly solid. Highly recommend trying it.
>>
>>1239182
Pacific
>>
>>1236841
Never really thought about this. Any thoughts on performance?
>>
what's the secret? i've landed them a few times by luck, but they're so scary
>>
>>1240661
>>1240694
>>
>>1240677
Thanks for this, shoes never fit me right and always suck to break in
>>
File: kanye-west-laugh.gif (2MB, 320x235px) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west-laugh.gif
2MB, 320x235px
>>1240253
>You're lily white but you pretend you're black
>>
>>1240740
for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf7q--xnmG0
>>
>>1234062
plantar fasciitis
>>
>>1240246
Nice poem desu.
But you fascists and radical conservatives are all gonna lose senpai.
>>
File: shopping.jpg (7KB, 486x129px) Image search: [Google]
shopping.jpg
7KB, 486x129px
>>1240656
BS boardslides on a rail. One of my buddies has a rail I've been trying them on for two weeks and I could never stay on the rail. Even when committing, I just wouldn't slide or stay square. Something clicked, and I could finally get it right and land a few
>>
oy. if a house had been sold at a foreclosure auction does that mean that no stupid shithead is still trying to live in there right? found the perfect backyard pool.
>>
>>1240051
what's up blanon? how have you been holding up?
>>
>>1240231
shit, I remember that picture from wikipedia, those were two little princesses heir to the throne who got imprisoned in the tower of London for life so their uncle could usurp the throne.
>>
>>1240246
>>1240249
stop it Josh Kalis
>>
>>1239127
>>1239182
>>1240684
does anyone know where I can watch the series without paying for it? im from germany so viceland isnt even an option
>>
What wheels lads? It's just a shitty Deca complete that is gradually turning in to grandpa's axe. It still has shitty trucks.

I am 6'3" and 95kgs. I'm thinking something like a 55mm 96a. Would I typically need risers? Is there a better option?
>>
>>1240864
At least I'm a stupid fuckin normalfag

>>1240961
Kalis is a normal fag
>>
>>1241090
55mm is fine, risers are optional.
>>
boom, fourth time out and I got ollieing off curbs pretty quick

It started raining before i could get going up curbs down, but at the moment I just keep landing back foot off because commitment issues.

Weird thing is im not afraid rolling up, I just don't commit.
Ah well practice and shit.
>>
Koston is on WKND guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fagYhXWqPVY
>>
>>1241234
Laaaaaaaammmmmee, was hoping Johan would go pro.
>>
>>1241076
Youtube. Viceland puts everything it airs up after a couple of days
>>1240949
I'm living. Probably going to put out something later in May if the weather and my work schedule cooperates. Until then, I spit out random clips on instagram.

>fulltime because of bills
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>1241320
What's your insta?

I just bought this for £10 from a charity shop. Needs a charger and some tapes. Gonna get a fish eye as well. All together it's going to come to ~£50. Is it worth it?
>>
>>1241076
what's up with germany and the youtube embargo?
>>
>>1241463
The video on Viceland.com doesn't work in the UK either.
>>
post limit?
>>
>>1241550
it went up. it's now up to 310 I think.
>>
File: readImage.jpg (28KB, 551x367px) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
28KB, 551x367px
any bruvs here toronto/GTA?
>>
>>1241320
oh nice, thanks
>>1241463
cannot watch it on their website, but I hope they are gonna upload it to youtube
>>
>>1241566
someone should make a new one. Not it!
>>
>>1241577
Nah dam, but I'm considering going for my masters in Toronto cause they fully fund us international students on quite a few programmes.

They say minimum funding is $15000 dollary doors, you think that's enough to get by on?
>>
>>1241550
It's 320
>>
>>1241624
rent and food is expensive but if you can live with just renting a room in an apartment with other people you can get by okay. I went to uoft myself. 15k is doable if youre willing to have low expectations on your living standards.
>>
>>1241577
>>1241624(self)
After tuition fees obviously
>>
File: slideshow_1.jpg (207KB, 966x580px) Image search: [Google]
slideshow_1.jpg
207KB, 966x580px
aye greco's new decks dropped last night

http://hammersusa.com/

these go out quick. if you know then you know
>>
>>1241699
>$65
Damn, is he doing what Jeremy does? Hand screening or something similar?
>>
File: naked_girl_houseofhammers.jpg (152KB, 966x982px) Image search: [Google]
naked_girl_houseofhammers.jpg
152KB, 966x982px
>>1241729
Klein? yea basically the same deal, handscreened. but the runs are tiny, and the boards are usually shaped and they're meant to be legendary quality

one day I'll own one but today is not that day
>>
>>1241444
if u got pretty much any smart phone their cameras are gonna be good enough

unless u want that old camcorder look really bad, kinda pointless. especially since you can recreate that on your computer with some pirated software or somethin
>>
>>1232350
Saw this one at the shop the other day and the colors absolutely pop. Heroin kills it.
>>
>>1241820
Fos always does a great job of drawing up some killer graphics, he recently did one for Element and it was gnarly.
>>
Got some new trucks today, will post pics later on.
>>
>>1241913
are they just hollow indys? whats so special about them?
>>
wow we should try and hit the limit dudes. did any body make a good pastebin for a sticky?
>>
File: setup.jpg (972KB, 2345x3134px) Image search: [Google]
setup.jpg
972KB, 2345x3134px
Bought this over a year ago and still haven't done shit about learning to skate.
>>
>>1241919
They're actually hollow Thunder's. I really want Indy's or Venture's but they only had Thunder's in my preferred size. I'll post pics when I get home, I have a potato as a cell phone.
>>
>>1241927
Not into the whole Satan thing but Ramondetta is sick, so that makes up for it.
You should skate it.
>>
>>1241930
Me neither, I just dig cats. Yeah I know, I've been putting it off forever because I'm afraid of looking like a moron
>>
>>1241933
you will, dw about it

after my third time going out and looking like a moron trying to learn to ollie when I was 18 I suddenly realized I was way too into the skating to give a fuck. it was infectious, gained confidence in other areas in life too. it feels good man, you should try it
>>
>>1241927
RIDE THAT FUCKING BOARD. or send it here.
>>
>>1241444
Unsuperfilmer, don't expect much though. 90% of the newer clips are going to be leftovers, snaps and random shit

Go on and take my place in the retro film look. I went HD
>>
>>1241804
I'm all about that authenticity. iPhone footy looks awful imo. Along with GoPro stuff. Although I am worried that a mini dv camcorder will be more trouble than fun.
>>1242008
I'll keep your legacy alive, blanon. *Black fist emoji*
>>
>>1242039
iphones are rivaling some serious high end cameras and have been for a while now man. if you gotta have that authenticity so be it but if you ask me, using old tech for an old school feel is about as silly as vinyl/cassettes over cd or vhs over dvd. just don't make sense to me
>>
>>1242039
The only problems you'll have is capturing the footage and making sure it doesn't skip. But the time you spent capturing will be made up in rendering since it's a lower quality.
Also keep all your tapes and try not to re use them. You'll see why.
>>1242087
Some people like the look and nostalgia of it. I'm not going to try and convince you though.
>>
>>1242095
>Some people like the look and nostalgia of it
Yeah that's fair, but I'm sayin you can recreate that shit easy. And you don't have to worry bout if something doesn't show up clear enough, you can tweak it

that's just me tho
>>
>>1241583
It's out now by the way
>>
>>1242087
iPhones are great, don't get me wrong. But I kind of want my footy to stand out from the millions of kids posting their treflips on Instagram. And iPhone footy is easy to spot a mile off. Not to mention how awkward it is to get good angles with a phone. How do you hold the phone low and still be able to see the screen? Camcorders are at least built to be filmed with and are therefore more ergonomically designed.

I guess I'm a bad person to be trying to convince to just edit in the retro feel though. I'm an avid listener of vinyl records and I prefer humans over self service machines. Thanks for the advice though.
>>
>>1242102
link?
>>
>>1242112
Utube.org/vice%20land
>>
>>1241927
That looks beautiful, do it a favor and skate it.
>>
Just a quick word to say well done on this thread boys. It was pretty great.

NEW >>1242213
NEW >>1242213
NEW >>1242213
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.