[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do we think of this guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

File: Jim Cornette.jpg (15KB, 620x308px) Image search: [Google]
Jim Cornette.jpg
15KB, 620x308px
What do we think of this guy?
>>
>>1214365
>we
>>
>think
>>
>>1214365
Didn't like him as a manager or a commentator. His shoots are good, though.
>>
One of the most under rated managers and voice of wrestling.
>>
>>1214365
best heel in wrestling today. working marks and smarks.
>>
What do you think of his idea that the authority is so much of a heel that people assume the company is shit when a character is shit, instead of putting the heat on the character?
>>
>>1214365
I like him overall. I need to hear more of his opinions though. WWE should take him back in a creative role. Him and Heyman can probably come up with some great material.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4P3Waviy0k
Russo btfo
>>
Most entertaining wrestling persona there is. I don't agree with a lot of his points but I could listen to this dude forever. He should have a creative role in WWE or teach promo class. He's too good to sit at home and rant about the current state of wrestling.
>>
>>1214365
Is 100% correct about the lack of psychology that a lot of independent guys have. ROH matches are nearly unwatchable for me because there's no reality to them. No move has any impact and massive spots that should be finishes end in 2 counts. Everyone's getting over but when you democratize the storytelling to that degree, in the long term nobody gets over.

That said he needs to lay off the epic Vince Russo rants, they're quite old hat.
>>
>>1214365
I loved his time with the Undertaker and Kane. He will be missed.

RIP Percy Pringle
>>
His heart is in the right place but he needs to know wrestling has changed. I wish he was back to stick it to Kevin Dunn
>>
There's a lot of people out there who think he's right about absolutely everything when it comes to wrestling. It's odd.
>>
He's a gigantic douchebag
>>
He's one of the best when it comes to talking about wrestling but god damn i cant stand when he speaks about politics at all
>>
His ideas are antiquated. It's great hearing him bury everything new. Was/Is one of the best talkers.
>>
>>1214399
Pretty much this, Cornette is one of the best guys to handle a developmental program
>Cena
>Orton
>Batista
>Lesnar
And countless others under Cornette
>>
>>1214365
He has a lot of the right ideas in some areas but in others he's just as out ofntouch if not more so than Vince. Also he takes shit way too seriously. Check the video of him shooting on joey ryans dick flip.
>>
I have to wonder if he really thought no one would have figured out pro wrestling was fake. He seems so bitter about the fact that Vince basically killed kayfabe, as if it would still be alive today if not for that time Vince told the NJ athletic commission that wrestling is a show, not a sport.
>>
>>1214365
Excellent boss, great way to round off the game.
He, Sam and Monsoon are my Top 3.
>>
>>1214443
I didn't know Cornette was responsible for helping these guys. I did know that Heyman helped a lot of guys including CM Punk.
>>
>>1214500
He wasn't, this is one Cornette fan who always parrots the same talking point in every thread about him despite not knowing a single thing about OVW.
>>
File: rvd.jpg (504KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
rvd.jpg
504KB, 1000x750px
>>1214520

This is my first time ever talking about cornette in a positive light friendo
>>
>>1214552
BASED
A
S
D
>>
>>1214365
NANOMACHINES, SON.
>>
>>1214611
I COULD BREAK VINCE IN TWO, WITH MY BARE HANDS
>>
God
>>
>>1214365
I don't like him because he's southern
>>
>>1215288
He's a liberal cuck though. He's always whining about Trump.
>>
>>1215292
You misunderstand

My dislike for southerners has little to do with their politics
>>
>>1214456
https://youtu.be/ej8bLG_Auy0
>>
Ridiculously engaging and his burials of people never get old. I have listened to the big Vince Russo tirade a million times and it never gets old. Same for his Montreal Screwjob breakdown and his rant about Vader not getting over.

That said, he is pretty out of touch and constantly offers opinions on modern wrestling that, by his own admission, he doesn't even watch. His WM recap was kinda painful to listen to because he was responding to an extremely retelling of the event by his goon.
>>
Psychotic cuckold.
>>
>>1216064
Hows he a cuck?
>>
>>1216067
his wife fucks niggers.
>>
>>1216070
This
>>
>>1216073
So does Jim Ross's wife that's why they are so friendly

Also why WWE makes fun of JR all the time
>>
>>1214365
He has been out of touch with what is cool and in since the mid 90s. He is going to give himself a heart attack from those burgers he is addicted to
>>
I believe that he's one of the great wrestling minds in the history of the business, but that like many others, the business has passed him by.

He's very much stuck in the mid-80s regional style of booking which does have a place at the table today but it can't be at the head of the table.

He would be a great asset to the WWE in a creative advisor role, kind of a checks and balances type, but more as a "Okay, Vince this won't fucking work because XYZ" as opposed to being the be all end all booker.

He tried in ROH and that didn't turn out too well.
>>
>>1216115
Definitely agree that Cornette would be a great addition to creative if only because he's the one guy who wouldn't be afraid to call Vince on his shit.
>>
the best shoot interviewee

underrated manager, understands tried and true pro wrestling better than 99% of the people still employed at dubya dubya e
>>
Anybody who thinks Cornette still has "it" should watch ROH under his booking.

He's obsolete.

>>1214402
>ROH matches are nearly unwatchable for me because there's no reality to them. No move has any impact and massive spots that should be finishes end in 2 counts.

Ironically, this is exactly the style he drooled over while he was booking ROH into the ground.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByYTyiSw1ts could cut a damn good promo
>>
>Why?.. More on that later
>>
>>1214365
He looks like the kind of guy that orders food at a restaurant then when it comes he gets into a hissy fit saying that's not what he ordered.
>>
>>1216115
This

Put Jim on creative and I guarantee Roman would become Hogan levels of over within a month
>>
>>1216707
Did you literally not read anything past the first comma?
>>
>>1215302
Hello Kevin Dunn
https://youtu.be/w03DFMU4RbU

>>1215288
>>
He needs to learn that the end makes or breaks a match. For example, HHH vs Booker T at WM19, while the match itself was fine, it is remebered awfully because HHH went over
>>
God tier manager and promo cutter
>>
It's been more than twenty years since kayfabe was taken off life support but he's still mourning for it.

Dude needs to move on.
>>
>>1217183
Fucking Woody Woodpecker had a short with LOL SCRIPTS jokes back in 1953.

NINETEEN FUCKIN' FIFTY-THREE
>>
>>1214365
The best way to think of Cornette is as if he is your Creative Writing 101 professor.

He's there to teach you the basics. The rules. He's there to guide you through the first steps towards a much greater world of possibilities. But only if you can get the fundamentals down first. If you listen to him you'll learn some lessons that will last a lifetime.

But much like that Creative Writing 101 professor, he can only take you so far. Rules are made to be broken, and Cornette himself (when pressed) will admit this. There are times when you need to break kayfabe. There are times when worked shoots make money.

But you need to know when NOT to do this before you can know WHEN to do this. And you'll never know if you don't listen to old corny Jim first.
>>
>>1216408
cocaine is a helluva drug
>>
>>1214365
>What do we think of this guy?
do you think we're some kind of hivemind or something?
>>
File: Armstrong-profile-shot-0.png (563KB, 867x766px) Image search: [Google]
Armstrong-profile-shot-0.png
563KB, 867x766px
>>1214365
Looks like....
>>
Where can one find the whole 2000 shoot interview he did? The one where he talks about the scaffold match? It's nigh impossible to find now except for short excerpts from it.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.