[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrestlers you need to be sold on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

File: 91da8cf1f0eddie-guerrero.jpg (43KB, 600x674px) Image search: [Google]
91da8cf1f0eddie-guerrero.jpg
43KB, 600x674px
My choice: Eddie Guerrero

Supposedly one of the all time greats but I've never actually gotten why he's so lauded by so many. Mainly because I wasn't necessarily watching the product during his peak. So if you have some matches, etc that particularly stand out as being the epitome of what makes him great, please share.
>>
18+ faggot
>>
I need to be sold on Hulk Hogan

How did an orange man who always looked like he was at least 65 become the biggest wrestler of all time?
>>
18 fucking +
>>
>>1213221
Chef Boyardee brother
>>
VIVA LA RAZA

I dunno man, his attitude, the high flying, his reputation as a good worker - it's entirely true that he was probably too hurt or medicated to be in a bunch of his matches, but he's definitely one of my favourites.

here's an early one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuTDRe2XYJk

i lie, i cheat, i steal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-emVtBDSSx8

this cumulative triumph
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkx-p_JpYyk

As for me, I've never understood why I need to give a shit about Ambrose.
>>
Andre the giant

Yes I've seen the Stu Hansen match. Are there any other good ones?
>>
Andre

Does he have any other matches like the one with Hansen?
>>
Andre the giant

Seen Stu Hansen but are there any more like it?
>>
>>1213214
He was very funny and entertaining. He had a cheat to win style, almost like a modern Ric flair, but won over with the crowd for humor. He was a people person.

>>1213221
He had a unique look to him, was a giant tall white guy who loved America and beat up non Americans like the iron shiek, and fat America ate it all up. He marketed himself well and had some success in Hollywood too, and was a draw for his over the top personality.

>>1213288
Motherfucker was just big. Still the WWFs biggest draw because he drew crowds to see this giant. Dude could also chug 120+ beers in one night. They were different times tho

There was a good Andre the Giant comic that illustrated his life and his experience in wrestling. It's really good, I highly recommend it.
>>
People you need to sell me on;

Edge
Shemus
Great Khali
WWE between 2003-2011
>>
>>1213413
>Edge
Charisma
>Sheamus
believable
>Ruthless Aggression era
if you look past the Cena and Orton over saturation it really wasn't that bad, especially Smackdown earlier on
>Khali
he's a big bloke
>>
>>1213413
>edge
He was natural heel, he had the charisma of it, and he sure could deliver some of the entertaining matches, especially tlc and hardcore. Oh, and I like his spear. Try to look for his tlc match with christian vs the hardyz and dudley boys. [spoiler]he speared jeff hardy in the mid air from the ladder. Twice in a different occasion[/spoiler]. Also his hardcore match with foley [spoiler]where he speared foley into a burning table[/spoiler]

> WWE between 2003-2011
One of the most memorable era for me would be 2006-2007, with Edge rose to become no 1 contender, his feud with Cena (at his peak, I believe, where he was legitimately good face), ECW on night stand and the feud with RAW (RVD vs Cena was one of the best match back then) and the return of DX, completely with feud with Rated RKO.
>>
I need to be sold on Christian , Matt Hardy and Sid
>>
Sell me on Matt Hardy and Bret Hart
>>
>>1213485
Christian is based as hell. I don't know how to help you. Check out his run in the Un-Americans

Fat Lardy is meh but he was apart of the greatest spotfest of all time.

Sid was pretty shit but young me marked when he won the title
>>
Sasha Banks.

She's a good wrestler , but for some reason I can't get into her
>>
Macho Man
Its just "let funny voice xDDD" as far as I know
>>
File: The_Un-Americans.2.jpg (721KB, 1284x722px) Image search: [Google]
The_Un-Americans.2.jpg
721KB, 1284x722px
>>1213515
>The Un-Americans
Meh...

Anyway , thank you Anon
>>
>>1213408
sauce on the comic?
>>
>>1213554
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgamEnqVCvM
>>
File: WWE_Champion_CM_Punk.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
WWE_Champion_CM_Punk.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Everything I know about Punk comes from smarkbusters videos.

Someone sell me on this guy because the jist of what I'm hearing is that he was a whiny midget asshole
>>
>>1213214
>Eddie

>>1213413
>Edge

Here you go lads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPasZ90HRog
>>
>>1213214
Eddie is considered an all time great because he was a fantastic combination of a wrestler who knew his ring psychology/was very technical, had some cool high flying/acrobatic stuff, and had the charisma of a top face, too.

Other than the videos that other guy posted, I also highly recommend checking out his series of matches against Dean Malenko back in ECW, Black Tiger II (Eddie) vs The Wild Pegasus (Benoit) in NJPW, vs Rey Mysterio at Halloween Havoc, and his match against Edge in 2002 for some fun heel antics.

>>1213288
>>1213375
>>1213394
Andre The Giant, by the 80s and his WWE time, was nowhere near as good as his 70s time due to his condition taking a toll on him. The guy could actually wrestle at one point. Check out his matches vs Inoki; Inoki wins in one of them being like one of two matches which are the exception of the "undefeated" streak. Very clever matches too cuz Inoki looked TINY compared to Andre and he would try to do whatever he can to beat Andre.

>>1213413
>Edge
Well, initially he was okay, but then eventually became a pretty creative hardcore wrestler for quite some time, with the latter half of his career being a very crafty yet fun to watch heel character.

Won't say much for the other two except that 2003-05 WWE was still fine for the most of it thanks to Eddie, Benoit, Angle, basically Smackdown. Nobody liked RAW.

>>1213485
>Christian
Charismatic guy with half decent ring psychology with a few cool spots both in WWE and TNA

>>1213504
>Hart
One of the best workers of all time just for the sheer fact that he could make ANYONE look good. Read up on his shenanigans related to Tom Magee. The fact that Hart could carry someone who's that pathetic of a prowrestler to a legit match is damn respectable.

>>1213485
>>1213504
>Matt Hardy

http://www.matthardybrand.com/hate-mail.html

Press hate mail, keep pressing OK. Don't prevent dialogues. Have fun.

>>1213533
>Savage
Good wrestler, good on mic, great charisma combo
>>
>>1213613
Basically everything he was bitching about was true but his overly arrogant outside the ring
>>
Holy fuck this is a bad thread.

> Why are people into this guy? No I've never watched him.

>>1213613
>Everything I know about Punk comes from smarkbusters videos.

Imagine being this fucking dumb.
>>
>>1213613
Watch his 2011 MITB leadup stuff and the promos, and that match.

Then proceed to imagine that being milked till not only the cow was dry, but the cow had squeezed out it's intestines through the udders and was now just squeezing out shit.

That is CM Punk. Really cool and stuff when he first started getting a push, then slowly downhill until they had to start digging a hole to keep going down.
>>
File: romantits.jpg (116KB, 800x893px) Image search: [Google]
romantits.jpg
116KB, 800x893px
Hello friend's of this image board and it's affiliates, I too have a superstar I would like to know how to be sold on.

Roman Reigns seems like The Guy, but people just aren't into him, why?
>>
>>1213579
kek was this at the fucking spectrum?
>>
>>1213613
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDU3ODQ5OTI4.html

I came back at Royal Rumble 2013 so I missed his entire run but this got me caught up
>>
File: fiyah.webm (2MB, 540x404px) Image search: [Google]
fiyah.webm
2MB, 540x404px
>>1213579
>they will never book the league of nations to just copy everything these guys did
>>
>>1213221
He was a real american, he fought for the rights of everyman.
>>
File: 000 copy.jpg (95KB, 640x907px) Image search: [Google]
000 copy.jpg
95KB, 640x907px
>>1213575

Would dump the whole thing here, just ain't got the time.

Highly recommended for all wrestling fans.
>>
>>1213214
VIVA LA RAZA

https://youtu.be/GPV-rRdCAv0

https://youtu.be/dzimUX0_EYQ

https://youtu.be/tHgyg7Wk3_E

https://youtu.be/UpTG_O0LiYo

https://youtu.be/YjyL2ydDClg
>>
>>1213214
>perhaps the most charismatic vanilla midget of all time
>seriously his charisma was probably better than anyone's at the time
>absolutely had to have been a top 5 worker at the time
>rollins and sasha favorite wrestler
>two that many on /asp/ are calling the best male and female wrestlers on WWE today

Eddie became champion simply because he was that good. I'm pretty sure he would have went over Batista as well to become a two time champ.

>18+ faggot
>>
>>1213214
Sasha Banks.
>>
>>1213639
The intention was not to wallow in ones ignorance about a person but an attempt to garner greater knowledge from people with a wider knowledge of said wrestler in order to gain a greater understanding of them.
>>
>>1214047
She's the Boss, booboo
>>
ric flair
>>
>>1217716
Woooo
>>
>>1213214
>Mainly because I wasn't necessarily watching the product during his peak.

Well there you go, dipshit.
You can't be sold on something you weren't there to buy.
>>
>>1213214
AJ Styles desu senpai. I've been decidedly unimpressed with him since he got to WWE.
>>
>>1217768
Watch the AJ/Joe/Daniels triple threat at Unbreakable 2005
The whole thing is up on TNA's youtube
>>
>>1217773
Can't be bothered.
>>
>>1217731
sold! thanks friend
>>
>>1213214
Jeff Hardy desu

>>1217768
tbhfam, you're just not very smart if this is the case. its all i can say, i cant really help you, tho you need it, kek
>>
>>1217778
>tbhfam, you're just not very smart if this is the case. its all i can say, i cant really help you, tho you need it, kek
Yeah all those mediocre matches with Jericho and godawful promos should have swayed me.
>>
>>1214047
Just watch all her Takeover matches in chronological order.
>>
Chris jericho, why the fuck where people ever high on him???
>>
>>1217789
> mediocre matches with Jericho

Yeah that's really AJ's fault...
>>
>>1217789
I don't get why people hate on those matches. They were good from a wrestling standpoint, even if they were stale from a thematic one.
I think people just need to look past the story and enjoy the actual display, because Jericho can still go pretty well. He's a little bit of a slouch, sometimes, but his mind is sharp enough and AJ is in peak condition.
>>
>>1217886
The problem is that Jericho was clearly lagging behind and not in Styles's league.
>>
>>1217896
He didn't need to be. AJ's good enough to make a match great on his own accord.
Jericho lagged behind but he wasn't a weighted ball-and-chain. He still has the in-ring acumen to let Styles do what he does without having to hamstring himself.
>>
I've never seen the appeal of Samoa Joe. I find him just tolerable as a face and completely boring as a heel.
>>
>>1217716
Everything he does in ring makes sense and tells part of the story. He was a founding father of one of the most influential groups of all of pro wrestling. He could go 60 minutes or over no problem and no complainants. He had a knack for making guys look better than they already were and his promo work in the NWA was prehaps the best in the world at the time(for a more serious side of wrestling at least).
>>
>>1217775
Can't be helped then.
>>
Lex Luger
Roman Reigns
Moose
>>
Angle vs. Eddie at Mania has some of the best psychology of all time. Won't spoil anything, and I don't have a link, but you need to look that shit up before you say anything about Eddie Guerrero.
>>
>>1220514
Is that the one where Angle works the ankle all match and then Eddie unties his boots to get out of the ankle lock?
>>
>>1220516

lol, yeah, I said I wasn't going to spoil anything, but that's the one
>>
>>1213214
You need to be 18+ son
You have to go back
>>
Macho Man. Never got his appeal or enjoyed his wrestling.
>>
>>1214025

>he was meant to beat batista shortly after no mercy
>>
Randy Savage sucks in my opinion, will never understand him.
>>
>>1221325
>>1213533
>>1220548
His match with Steamboat is the most overrated thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>1220417
> Everything he does in ring makes sense
> ric flair
But that is just a straight up lie
>>
>>1221337
>>1221339
Speaking of which, I found Flair's matches with Steamboat much better.
>>
File: nao.jpg (36KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
nao.jpg
36KB, 642x361px
How does I into New Age Outlaws?
>>
>>1220548
>>1221325

Stop hiding how underage you are
>>
>Top kek @ people saying, "SELL ME ON THIS GUY BY POSTING 5 STAR MATCHES HE'S HAD"

What sells you on people isn't the matches they've had, it's watching them week in and week out and seeing them progress to getting better and reaching the pinnacle.

I dont need to rationalize myself to anyone as to why Kurt Angle is great by posting his top 5 matches, though I can, but you need to actually go and watch his entire career to truly get it.
>>
>>1221398
>overrated
Nobody considers them good apart from having a cool intro.
>>
>>1221398
>Angle vs. Eddie at Mania
Don't bother.

Every NAO match ever:
>Oh you didn't know?
>Road Dogg gets beat down for 3/4 of the match
>HOT TAG
>Billy Gunn rallies
>They win or lose, who gives a shit you're just here to chant along with them. See Enzo and Cass as an example.
>>
>>1221414
Didn't mean to quote "Angle vs Eddie at Mania" ignore that.
>>
>>1213221

32 inch neck, 24 inch pythons brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PncfEXPUpXM
>>
>>1221495
wew lad

how much coke was he on at this point?
>>
>>1221344
Steamboat vs Savage is great but Steamboat vs Flair is just better but those are main event matches.Savage and Steamboat were just two midcarders
>>
>>1222095
Flair is an overrated outlaw clown, he wasnt main-event material when he came into the big leagues
>>
File: giphy.gif (782KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
782KB, 500x280px
>>1222105
>The big leagues
>Flair can't main event
>>
You need to sell me on Eddie, Rey Mysterio, Batista and Undertaker
>>
>>1222178
Taker's image and gimmick is his biggest selling point with his foot notes being his size, agility, and timing. Watch through some rivalries like him and Shawn at 25/26 and Shawn in the 90s, him and Edge, some Ministry stuff, him and Austin

Eddie was always oozing with personality when given the chance, watch some promos and matches to them

Rey just can fly in ring with ease,always sold well and could be tossed around well because of his size, watch some Nitros
>>
sell me on Finn

I don't see much to him other than the meme paint and boring stomp finisher
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.