[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LUCHA UNDERGROUND

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

File: lucha-underground-1.jpg (235KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lucha-underground-1.jpg
235KB, 1280x720px
I was thinking of checking out Lucha Underground because I've read and heard a lot of good things about it, plus I wouldn't mind seeing John Morrison and Chavo Guerrero in action again (those are the only two that I know feature on the show)

I've heard it presents itself more as a TV series rather than a weekly sport event. If that's the case, could anyone summarise the current storylines as well as any other important things to know about the show's history? Just so i'm not going into it completely cold with no idea what's going on.
>>
>watching wrestling-themed mexican telenovela
>>
>>1206363
Stream the past episodes or buy them on itunes. It's actually worth it.
>>
A WOMAN WON THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS TITLE OF YOUR PROMOTION
>>
>>1206385
Lita beat Dean Malenko
>>
>>1206363
Dont listen to retards who shit on it as outlaw wrestling or "hurr champion is a woman". it's a lot of fun to watch, the wreslting is pretty top notch, and sure the acting/writing is a little campy but that's part of the fun.
>>
it's retarded. They have a female as their world heavyweight champion. They call her sexy except she is not and is ugly and has to wear a mask
>>
>Meme Underground

shit sucks
>>
It's fun. Don't get the hate, especially with the Season 3 spoilers floating around.
Season 1 doesn't really pick up until the Aztec Warfare episode.
>>
>>1206392
Literally who?
>>
>>1206392
Dean malenko wasn't their top guy fuck boy
>>
>>1206363
>meme underground
>>
>>1206363
>women's underground wrestling
>>
>>1206385
how old are you?
>>
Women winning the world title, lol.
>>
File: 3e3.jpg (89KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
3e3.jpg
89KB, 488x516px
>>1206522
>>1206486
>>1206479
>>1206465
>>1206385
>>
>>1206363
it's fucking great so far.
>>
>>1206550
To be honest, I rather watch this than a 3 hour long commercial with a side of wrestling. I'm being entertained, couldn't give a damn about how over the top the story lines are/the characters are portrayed. It's just fun.
>>
It has a ton of potential, but it wastes it due to being restricted from season to season instead of weekly events.
>>
File: Lucha_Underground_Logo.jpg (36KB, 248x371px) Image search: [Google]
Lucha_Underground_Logo.jpg
36KB, 248x371px
>>1206363
Don't bother.
>>
>>1206363
Just avoid spoilers
>>
>>1206645
You mean spoilers like women beating top guys to win the world title?
>>
I've seen some of their highlights on their official Youtube channel, and that Matanza guy is fucking great and his getting all the push in the world.
>>
>>1206650
It's not really a world title and her reign was shit anyways.
>>
>>1206650
She won a battle royale, retard. It's not like she squashed the top heel or anything. Kys.
>>
>>1206859
>i think it'd be great if Charlotte won the Royal Rumble
eyl
>>
>>1206363
A WOMAN
>>
>>1206616
Sick hat meme
>>
>>1206472
He's the top guy to all you smark ass retards and was at the time holding the light heavyweight title
>>
>>1206385
Yeah when I heard about this I just shook my head. It's such a shame because they don't have to go this far yet insist that they get as ridiculous as possible. They also got a "monster" that is a manlet. Doesn't matter how strong he is, he is a manlet. These things will assure they never become a mainstream success.
>>
>>1206385
Come on, it's 2016
>>
>>1207095
The rock pretty much endorsed them on his instagram. Full back shot of him wearing their sweatshirt. I think they're doing something right
>>
>>1206363
They are a very STRONG and PROGRESSIVE wrestling company that don't need no man.

If you get what I'm saying.
>>
>>1207098
>The rock pretty much endorsed

I couldn't give a fuck if the president himself endorsed them. There's just some things you shouldn't ever do in a wrestling promotion ever and this is one of them. You wouldn't expect a kid to win the heavyweight title. People bitched when David Arquette (let us remember he is a man) wins the WCW World Title. Yet it becomes okay if a woman wins it all because it is lucha underground and oh so cool unlike that shitty WWE? Get the fuck out of here man.

>b-but they aren't a wrestling promotion

This doesn't matter either. A television show that is mainly about wrestling. These same rules should still apply to it. Cornet right about them. They will eventually fold as a company.
>>
>>1207103
Well the difference between her and David is that she's over af and has put in a lot of work and is a good wrestler. You're upset about them trying something different even though all anyone does is bitch about wwe doing the same old shit time and time again. I don't even dislike the wwe, but LU has been on a streak of great booking and great matches and anyone denying that is either blind, or just stubborn. It's one of the fastest growing promotions around. Wwe even recognizes it.
>>
>>1207236
Connor The Crusher was over. I guess we should have given him the Heavyweight Championship before he died of cancer.
>>
>>1207103
Arquette is a non-wrestler and was portrayed as such.

Sexy Star isn't.

How is her title win any more preposterous than a zombie, a phoenix or a vessel for an Aztec god?
>>
>>1207264
How is it not?
>>
>>1207264
Man you LU defenders are fucking ridiculous.

Look dude I liked LU. I still kind of do but I'm not going to not criticize dumb shit when I see dumb shit. This is a huge blow to a promising wrestling company which sucks. It was the best alternative to WWE but now I"m not so sure anymore.

I been a critic of their intergender matches going back to the first season. Glad I was to because look at what they did. Those intergender matches are god awful and you can tell how much they need to protect the women when they do them. LU should have just had a seperate division for women since the beginning.
>>
>>1207275
It its sexist to have a separate women's divisions, women are just as capable as men
>>
>>1207275
I dislike the clunky intergender matches too and wouldn't make Sexy Star a champion, but it's not the end of the world, dude. It's particular easy to just ignore who is champion in LU, since it all depends on their pre-ser storyline. Like, in early Season 2, even when he wasn't the champion, it was Mil Muertes who was the big threat until Matanza showed up.
>>
>>1207275
Isn't this just a report from season 3? Which isn't even out yet? So you don't even know the context to the entire event
>>
>>1206363
its meme garbage
>>
>>1206467
LADDDERRRRRRR MAAAAATCHHHH
>>
File: Capture.jpg (30KB, 571x258px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
30KB, 571x258px
>>1207268
This is probably news to you, but women exist.

>>1207275
>This is a huge blow to a promising wrestling company which sucks. It was the best alternative to WWE but now I"m not so sure anymore.

The fucking state of your melodrama.
>>
>WWE apologists literally don't have any context regarding Sexy Star's title win
>still continue parroting redundant Cornette memes
>>
>>1207103
>Jim Cornette
>Being right

Pick one
>>
>>1207351
Corny would know what it takes for a company to fold, considering his did right before the greatest boom period the industry ever had.
>>
>>1207362
His company folded because he's convinced he's right all the time, and he still probably blames other people for his poor business skills.
>>
File: isn't.out.yet..jpg (84KB, 802x437px) Image search: [Google]
isn't.out.yet..jpg
84KB, 802x437px
>>1207318
>>
>>1207960
Solid argument.
>>
>woman getting a belt
>literally all we know about it, no context or anything
>/r9k/ virgins start crying and saying they will NEVER EVER WATCH LU again
Wishing all of you would have some sex
>>
She wins because Muertes tries to STO her through a table from the top rope and she ends up pushing him off through the table, hits a move off the turnbuckle and gets the pin. Kinda made me think of how Sheamus won his first title against Cena. Its OK though because she drops the title in her first defense to Johnny Mundo cashing in the GotG. She is just a transitional champion.
>>
File: Wrassler_by_NecroAnomaly.jpg (442KB, 608x861px) Image search: [Google]
Wrassler_by_NecroAnomaly.jpg
442KB, 608x861px
>reshoots bumps
>Reshoots and edits crowd pops worse than anything WWE does
>Basically just a heavily produced telanovella which lapses into bursts of lucha
The woman champ is just the cherry on this fail sundae.
>>
>>1212538
If the telanovella were produced by A Band Apart. Its a TV show and TV shows reshoot bad takes. I like rodriguez/terantino stuff and this kind of feels like its in the same vein. If for some reason it inspires anger or discomfort in you then by all means dont watch it Jim.
>>
>>1212571
This show doesn't draw and that's just a fact. They can't put on house shows cause their guys are a bunch of botchers, flop artists, and has beens. It's TNA with a sombrero.
Manlet monsters, woman champs, nothing even approaching a live wrestling experience, it's just stupid garbage. If Konnan had any heart left he wouldn't be associated with this shit, but I guess they took that out with his liver.
>>
>>1206363
main belts

Lucha Underground Championship

Puma (Richocet) started with it, had it all season 1, lost it to Mil Muertes at Ultima Lucha. Mil is like the undertaker, Catrina is his paul bearer and he has three minion guys I forget what they are called. Anyways Mil lost the belt to some other flippy mexican, Fenix I think, then they had a royal rumble where the belt was on the line and Dario Cueto (Vince of LU) introduced a new monster named Mantaza or something and he's champion now with Mil as the #1 contender.

Gift of the gods

It's like money in the bank. Basically people earn "medallions" through random matches and once there are 7 medallions they have a money in the bank match. Fenix won it last year and that's how he got his shot against Mil.

Trios titles

Best storyline of last year was Son of Havoc, some broad, and Anjelico winning them. watch all the relevant matches and you'll have a good time with LU. Don't remember who the champs are now. I think it's Mil murtues's dead guy henchmen still but I haven't watched in a few weeks.
>>
>>1212579
This show is the sole reason the channel its on still exists. Why would a TV show need to put on house shows? Do you get mad when your favorite character dies on Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead too Jim?
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (23KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
23KB, 288x499px
>>1206363
>I was thinking of checking out Lucha Underground
>>
At least the Joshis will salvage LU season 3

Hell, bring Los Ingernobes of Japan involved with LU storyline.

Naito should become some kind drifter rising up to power to control the temple or some shit.

There's hope to save this show.
>>
>people are actually mad because a woman champion

You guys know wrestling's fake right?

Lucha underground takes the fakeness to the extreme where characters die, are from outer space and belong to ancient aztecs tribe

Maybe it's because i'm a fighting game fan that i don't have a problem with this
>>
>>1213474
>Maybe it's because i'm a fighting game fan that i don't have a problem with this

This is how I view the show basically.

>>1212782
The Killshot/A.R. Fox story line looks interesting.
>>
>>1212782
Los Ingobernables are from CMLL. They're not working LU.
>>
>>1212579
It keeps getting better ratings every week, Corny.
>>
>>1213628
No it doesn't.
>>
Saw an episode two weeks ago, and when I saw the killshot promo I immediately gave up. Boring matches, boring/corny gimmicks, boring personalities, etc. No clue how people can watch this. Pentagon was the best part, but was laid out by generic monster heel #100. Probably won't watch again unless he comes back desu.
>>
>>1213645
Did you enjoy RAW this week?
>>
>>1213657
No. Stopped watching after the first hour.
>>
>>1213657
I watched based Jericho bury Sami Gayn and then I switched to hockey.
>>
>>1213645
You are taking Lucha too seriously, its just a show.
>>
>>1213672
> Gayn

Imagine actually posting this.
>>
>>1213714
>imagine

It actually happened cock boy.
>>
>>1213726
I meant imagine actually being somebody that absurd.
>>
File: 1458802620511.jpg (27KB, 374x394px) Image search: [Google]
1458802620511.jpg
27KB, 374x394px
>>1213727
> I like Sami Gayn
>>
>>1213733
> hatposting
>>
File: 1432625777968.png (134KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1432625777968.png
134KB, 334x393px
>>1213714
>>1213727
>>1213738

>I like El Fagerico
>>
>>1213847
That meme pic sure describes your post!
>>
File: martythemoth.png (84KB, 200x242px) Image search: [Google]
martythemoth.png
84KB, 200x242px
I love LU. I always enjoy watching Aerostar, and pic is a based heel.
>>
File: SON OF A BITCH.jpg (366KB, 612x958px) Image search: [Google]
SON OF A BITCH.jpg
366KB, 612x958px
I'm just gonna assume that all the ones shit talking Lucha Underground are the /sp/ rejects that have been infesting this board over the past few months.

To OP: The show itself is great. It really does play itself out like a Tela Novellas, but the storylines are all wrestling oriented, and a lot of it has to do with Aztec culture (the current storyline mentions the descendants of several ancient Aztec warriors). The matches are all brilliantly put together, and are a mix of Western and Lucha styles, and the story segments are put together in a way that makes WWE's look like cheap indie video packages. Basically, L.U. embraces the over-the-top nature of their storylines and characters way more than WWE or TNA does.

Seriously, watch a story scene that has Dario Cueto in it. The guy oozes personality.

Only downside is that the shows are prerecorded weeks in advance of the television airings, and they don't do live shows that often.

This show is probably the closest comparison I can make to what LU strives for, since it also mixes combat showings with storylines.

https://youtu.be/fR66Fjczwfk
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.