[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Finisher in the WWE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 12

File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
My vote goes for the stunner.
>>
File: towelman.jpg (20KB, 300x380px) Image search: [Google]
towelman.jpg
20KB, 300x380px
>>1198408
The Big O.
>>
It's a tossup between Bork F5 and Batista Bomb for me.
>>
I know it's basic as fuck, but this sent shivers down my spine every time I saw it.

https://youtu.be/WBtm6sGnCJk
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (274KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
274KB, 1280x720px
Prove me wrong
>>
>>1198422
Bradshaw was the king of clotheslines. I honestly wish they would let a new talent use the Clothesline From Hell as a finisher. Sadly, nobody will ever do it quite as well as JBL.
>>
File: 24.jpg (40KB, 456x352px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
40KB, 456x352px
>>
5 star frog splash by RVD

Curbstomp was great, if the person taking it actually took it right
>>
Pounce
>>
Sweet Chin Music
>>
Dirty Deeds
>>
>>1198423
>being this much of a Dwayne Johnson mark that you'd give yourself a Rock Bottom
>>
File: american history x.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
american history x.gif
2MB, 450x253px
GOAT of all time.
Can.t believe they replaced it with one of the worst, which was also already fucking taken.

>>1198446
Drew McIntyre.s was really good desu
>>
>>1198456
AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA I NEVER HEARD DAT ONE B4. GUISE ITZ FUNNY CUS IT LOOK LIKE HE ROC BOTTOM HIMSELF GUISE GIM ME UPVOAT XDD ARENT I SO QUIRKY AND HILARIOUS? XDD
>>
The burning hammer, but you can't do that in the WWE anymore, because Cena has a problem with it.
>>
>>1198459
RVD took that fucking curbstomp like a champ, same goes for Brock.
>>
>>1198465
That is because RVD is the GOAT
>>
>>1198422
>https://youtu.be/WBtm6sGnCJk
Goat

Based Bradshaw
>>
>>1198478
i liked when he'd do a head stand on DDTs
>>
The Edge-e-cution, but that shit is way too dangerous to use now.
>>
>>1198461
Stop biting BreezeMark.
>>
>>1198456
Jake Roberts was such a Reigns mark he speared himself kek
>>
>>1198422
Man, some of those are fucking brutal
>>
>>1198499
Remind me again what this is.

Edge had so many fucking moves named after himself that I forgot which is what.
>>
>>1198478
If only he didn't do too much weed he'd have a way better career in Dubya Dubya Eh. Especially with Heyman as his mouthpiece, too.

RVD was great in ring and could sell anything so well that you'd have absolutely no problem believing that this is actually real, especially with JR on commentary. It's also amazing that he barely got injuried in his career, too.
>>
>>1198514
Top kek m8
>>
>>1198586
It's basically F5 but not from the shoulder but from DDT position
>>
>>1198586
He only had three, Edge-e-cution, Edge-u-cator, and the Edge-a-matic.

The cution is a spike DDT, which is basically a halfway point between a DDT and a Brainbuster. Edge would lift your legs up and straighten your body as he DDTS you. He had to modify it because it was so dangerous, even after that, only a few guys on the roster knew how to take it correctly. Even if you managed to avoid fucking up your neck and spine, you could potentially bust your nose just by trying to take it right. Vince eventually just said "no" to the move altogether .
>>
I like Doi555. I think someone need to adopt this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D8uuCSm03Q

>>1198602
Edgecution I think.
>>
>>1198422
Him and Billy must be bros cause he sold the fuck out of those clotheslines
>>
>>1198586
This is the modified one

https://youtu.be/k27oIzPl0RE

Here's the old one: (gangrene used to use it too)

https://youtu.be/BLpFwC9YhDc
>>
>>1198636
*gangrel
>>
Sweet Chin Music is probably GOAT and the RKO deserves an honorable mention
>>
>>1198408
Brock F5
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
3D
Never been kicked out of.
>>
Am i the only one that kinda dislikes submission finishers? I can't really get hype over the ending of a match if it's just two dudes not really moving until one taps. Lame as fuck desu
>>
>>1198737
Same
>>
Piledriver
Release Powerbomb
Sleeper hold
>>
>>1198740
Shut the fuck up faggot
Nobody loves you
>>
>>1198747
This
>>
File: 1458009749885.gif (4MB, 300x272px) Image search: [Google]
1458009749885.gif
4MB, 300x272px
>>
F5. Because it's one of the few finishers that hasn't been buried.
>>
>>1198819
What does that even mean
>>
>>1198827
...by having people kick out from it too often
>>
>>1198829
That's because Brock has a boring character
>>
File: brock-f5-kane-o.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
brock-f5-kane-o.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>1198408
Lesnar's old F5, he used alot more control with it in his first run in the E
>>
>>1198422
Cage's discus clothesline is impressive as hell. Might just be based on how large he looks doing it though
>>
sister abigail
>>
File: 1458981861695s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1458981861695s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>1198840
>the E
>>
>>1198737
The lion tamer looks good as hell along with the crossface and sharp shooter, but other than that there aren't many that wow me. The calf crusher Styles uses looks solid and asukas armbar comes out of nowhere so those are cool too.
>>
>>1198422
I forgot how fucking awesome the Clothesline from Hell was. Thanks for that.
>>
>>1198481
>"Clothesline from Hell"

Back in my day this would just be called a lariat.
>>
>>1198408

I love the stunner too, it looks great if sold properly and can kinda come out of nowhere at anytime, makes it seem extra dangerous.

I dunno why but I always thought the running knee from DB looked a bit shit, might be due to the fucking unnecessary zooms in and out on running/ repeated impact moves tho.. that shit gives me motion sickness

The spear/superkick (without the band warm up part)/any kind of punch/forearm strike just seem a bit cheap and underwhelming these days, way too overused..

since when can you punch with a closed fist in wwe wrestling too? I remember when the ref would give out for using a closed fist
>>
>>1198408
The finisher of RVD. The frog splash
>>
File: The Best Pin Ever.webm (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
The Best Pin Ever.webm
2MB, 600x338px
Naomi's rear view.
But ONLY this instance of it.
>>
>>1199200
She calls it the rear view!
>>
>>1198732
Bullshit. It was in TNA.
>>
>>1198422
Bradshaw made this his finisher so he could legit hit people as hard as he could. Fucking love it.
>>
>>1199312
was that the actual reason?
>>
>>1199568
Yeah, pretty much, JBL famously loved to beat the shit out of people in the middle of matches when they couldn't do anything about it without breaking kayfabe.
>>
>>1199571
That's fucking great. God I love Bradshaw.
>>
The rko/diamond cutter is goat

Looks painful (if you don't think about it) but very low impact for those that take it

Can come out of nowhere (Orton vs cruella wm31)

Hard to fuck up
>>
>>1198464
>burning hammer
One of the only moves that have made me legit worry for the guy taking it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuEoimAW604
>>
>>1199571
Bradshaw is a fucking tool maggle
>>
>>1199571
Which made it all the more sweet when based Stevie literally stiffed and concussed him in the ring.
>>
Diamond Cutter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBU8A4BJOk0

SO MANY WAYS
>>
>>1198971
I hate it when jericho gets lazy and just sits on it going full boston crab.
>>
>>1198422
Farooq had a great finisher too in the dominator, but I think the wwe must have deemed it too dangerous because after a certain point you never saw farooq do it, though he'd still set it up all the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sDgsgIwHUg
>>
>>1199668
It's tough for Jericho to put certain guys in the lion tamer, that and it's way more painful and dangerous to the guy he's doing it to, hence why Jericho doesn't do the lion tamer anymore and they modified it to a boston crab in the WWE. He does it occasionally now, but not always.
>>
>>1198653
> a kick
> GOAT
>>
>>1199677
They were always 2 different moves you retarded fuck 18+. He also did it to Neville in Japan. 18+
>>
File: BronzeUnfitCoot.webm (2MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
BronzeUnfitCoot.webm
2MB, 600x338px
no one has ever kicked out of it
>>
>>1198422
ma niggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I grew up on this move, I always thought I was the only one that loved it.

It was always my finisher in all my created characters
>>
>>1199751
No they weren't dumbass. Only within the past few years did Cole start distinguishing the Walls of Jericho from the Lion Tamer, which was the original move in WCW. In his early to mid WWE career, they always called it the Walls of Jericho regardless of which one he did. Fucking do your history before spouting bullshit, fucktard.
>>
>>1199745
THE kick.
>>
>>1199623
Richards? Are you talking about the chairshot that busted him open?
>>
>>1199757
based saxton.
>>
>>1198589
His ingestion of marijuana has granted him superhuman capabilities of not giving a fuck about injuries.
>>
>>1199763
No you fuck retard they are always been separate moves fucking faggot. Walls of Jericho has always been a Boston crab.
>>
>>1199757
This might be the worst fucking finisher I've ever seen.

The best finisher is obviously the sharpshooter. If you're looking for a pure finisher, then the Macho Elbow is definitely up there. Sweet Chin Music is also pretty good, but given how many people are HBK dick riders and use the move so much (Calling it a super kick), it has lost a lot of its sheen
>>
>>1199802
No. >>1199763 is correct.

Jericho's finishing submission move in WCW was called the "Lion Tamer", when he came to WWE they changed the name of the move to "The Walls of Jericho". A few guys complained that the move hurt like hell and it put a lot of pressure on the neck and upper spine. Jericho also had trouble putting it on correctly for larger guys, causing him to botch it and possibly make it even more painful for them. Eventually they forced Jericho to modify it into the WWE's version of a "Boston Crab" (which isn't painful). They still called it the Walls of Jericho regardless, though smarks knew that it wasn't the original finisher. About 4 or 5 years ago, Jericho started busting out the original again for some reason on smaller guys like Rey Mysterio and the fans who remembered his WCW days called it the Lion Tamer. Eventually the commentary team started calling it the Lion Tamer and differentiated if from the Walls of Jericho.

Separating the Lion Tamer from the Walls of Jericho is a recent thing in WWE, it's never ALWAYS been the case.
>>
>>1199836
> he thinks HBK invented the Superkick

Eighteen Fucking Plus
>>
>>1199843
THANK YOU!!!
>>
>>1199200
Naomi's shoulders were down
>>
File: Victory Star Drop.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Victory Star Drop.gif
2MB, 320x240px
Perfect-Plex

https://youtu.be/1pzbj9ps_zk

I'm surprised so many people like the F5. I think it looks like shit. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.
>>
KINSHAHAHAAA
>>
>>1199844
I never said HBK invented the super-kick. He definitely is the person that made it famous though. It's not like I'm giving sting the credit for inventing the fucking slop drop.

>>1199843
Dave Meltzer gives this post 4 1/2 stars. The walls of jericho looks like it fucking hurt, so I can't blame them for canning it, but there isnt a single person on earth who thinks a boston crab hurts. If he can't do the authentic version, he should drop it altogether
>>
>>1198737

WWE ruined submission finishers with their "Fight against it for a full fucking minute" and "PASSING OUT FROM THE PAIN" bullshit. I can accept passing out if it's a choke of some sort, but otherwise fuck off with that. It worked ONE TIME back when Bret fucking Hart was still with the company and they haven't stopped pulling that shit since.

Submission finishers need to be QUICK TAPS if you want the audience to be able to take them seriously. If the victim doesn't tap or get a rope break in a three count, you've killed the credibility of the submission.

They booked Rusev's Accolade fairly well ("PASSING OUT FROM THE PAIN" on EVERY PPV match aside) until Cena buried the fuck out of it.
>>
>>1198408

All time? Stunner.

Currently? End of Days
>>
>>1198767

HHH needs to fuck off
>>
Superman Punch
>>
>>1199757
This move doesn't even make any sense.
>>
Sweet Shin Music
>>
>>1199628
Randall does the cutter much better desu.
Eddie made that spot look good senpai.
>>
>>1198413
Who was this guy again? I remember him a little
>>
>>1198459
This. Curb stomp looked the coolest
>>
>>1199757
what in god's name was that monstrosity?
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.