[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to fight and move like wonderboy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: wonderboy.jpg (38KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
wonderboy.jpg
38KB, 630x420px
What style of karate or TKD would be best? Preferably something full contact.
>>
I want to know more about wonderboy.

Anyone have some links to some of his fights?

What can you tell me about wonderboy's fighting style?
>>
>>1174305

Its based in karate. Wikipedia says that that his black belt is in kempo karate, but when I try to look up kempo fights they don't seem to be full contact or look like how wonderboy fights. Maybe i"m not looking at the right videos

He maintains his distance with his opponents. He bounces back and forth, stays light on his feet. Hands down when he's not in the pocket. He's known for his high kicks, and almost always throws one in with his combinations.

He's explosive as hell and the welterweight division as a whole doesn't really know how to deal with him since his style is so unorthodox.

Here is a link to his last fight with hendricks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wM6J0M8bB0

And here is his second to last fight where he wins by spinning hook kick. Highlights, couldn't find the full fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qq2TSFlILA

Its ridiculous how explosive and powerful he is with his feet.
>>
>>1174305

Also he's 15-1 in the UFC and 56-0 in kickboxing

He's an absolute monster
>>
His style is very similar to an ITF taekwondo style, have a look at some of those fights
>>
>>1175312

why do they adopt that wide stance? Is it because the point system incentivizes kicks?

Only 1 point for punches to head/body but 2 points for body kick and 3 points for head kick
>>
>>1175312

what is 'heavy contact' and why is it considered a foul?
>>
>>1174355
jesus christ just watching him kick hendricks in the head was hilarious
>>
>>1174284
The Thompson family are kickboxing fiends, try starting there.
>>
File: Wonderboy+Young_nasty_man.jpg (103KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
Wonderboy+Young_nasty_man.jpg
103KB, 450x338px
>>1174284
>I want to fight and move like wonderboy
Ask him the secret of his power.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL4HSiGvk68
>>
Join an MMA gym and then cross train with karate and taekwondo
>>
>>1175312
>ITF taekwondo
ITF is arguably the best TKD and vastly superior to WTF
>>1175708
>Only 1 point for punches to head/body but 2 points for body kick and 3 points for head kic
Only 1 point for punches to head/body but 2 points for body kick and 3 points for head kic
ITF's full contact, WTF's point
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab3PWC4T7G0
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyA3aq6lJZk
>>
>>1175965

do you have a link that explains ITF sparring rules
>>
>>1175965
>>ITF's full contact, WTF's point

That's not true:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Taekwon-Do_Federation#Sparring

It seems there are different ITF rulesets, so you'd have to say which ITF you are talking about
>>
>>1175936
>karate and taekwondo
Taekwondo is just Kararte with a focus on kicking.
>>
>>1176030
From Wikipedia a la
>>1176045
>The International Taekwon-Do Federation's sparring rules are similar to the WTF's rules, >but differ in several aspects.
>Hand and foot attacks to the head are allowed.[9]
>The scoring system is: 1 Point for: Punch to the body or head.
>2 Points for: Kick to the body.
>3 Points for: Any kick to the head.

>A continuous point system is utilized in ITF competition, where the fighters are allowed to continue after scoring a technique. Full-force blows are not allowed, and knockouts result in a disqualification of the attacker; although these rules vary between ITF organizations. At the end of two minutes (or some other specified time) the competitor with more scoring techniques wins.

>Fouls in ITF sparring include heavy contact, attacking a fallen opponent, leg sweeping, holding/grabbing, intentional attack to a target other than allowed (for example below the belt, attacks to the back).[10] (cont)
>>1176045
And yeah, your right
>>
>>1175713
>what is 'heavy contact' and why is it considered a foul?
Pretty sure it's the same thing as "excessive contact". Being far more forceful and intentionally attempting to do far more dfamage than necessary. This being sparring aside of course.
>>1176291
>(cont)ITF competition sparring rounds are 2 minutes and in national and international levels of competition they hold two rounds each 2 minutes with a one-minute rest in between. Certain rules are no strikes below the belt, no elbow strikes, brawling, no falling down, no going outside of the ring, hit to the groin and knee strike are not allowed. The ring is a 9 metre by 9 metre (8 x 8 metre optional) ring marked by square mats or tape instead of a traditional style kickboxing rings with ropes. It has no sides allowing the fighter to move out of bounds. Whenever a fighter creates an infraction of the rules the centre referee will issue a warning to the fighter who created the infraction. 3 warnings equals a minus point. If a fighter uses excessive contact, he or she will be given a foul, which is an automatic minus point ; three fouls in a bout results in disqualification. ITF taekwon-do is fought in continuous point sparring. Four judges score the fights in each of the corners in the square ring. After the fight, a judge votes for which ever fighter has the most points and a winner is declared. In the case of a draw the fighters go to a one-minute overtime round. If there is another draw the fighters go to a sudden death round where the fighter who scores first is declared the winner.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.