[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most overrated Wrestlemania?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: WMX7.jpg (106KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WMX7.jpg
106KB, 1920x1080px
Jericho vs Regal was a couple cool parts between minutes of boring stuff. Taz/APA vs Right To Censor was way too short and Ambrose v Lesnar tier. The Hardcore match was alright with not a lot of creative use of hardcore stuff and a finish was just a leg drop. Angel v Benoit is one of the weaker Angle v Benoit matches. Test botching and Eddie not doing too much cool technical stuff led to an okay match, too. The Women's, McMahon's, and Battle Royale matches were shitty gimmick matches. TLC II was a spotfest rather than an actually good wrestling match I can watch ECW and Big Japan for crazier stuff. HHH vs Taker is one of the most awful Takermania matches. Then there's the mother of all overrated matches which only had good hype and that's it: Austin v Rock. First of all, the match was long as hell with a couple cool spots but then it gets ruined by the most nonsensical heel turn in the history of wrestling along with otherwise mediocre wrestling.

People often citing this as the best Wrestlemania not only shows that people still have nostalgia goggles on for the Attitude Era, but that they appreciate childish ADD shock value bullshit over the actually mature and in depth storytelling professional wrestling is capable of.
>>
It's overrated. WM30 was better
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
18KB, 500x500px
>>
>>1166005
>can't refute my points
>calls it bait
>>
>>1165987
>nostalgia goggles
Fuck off
>>
>>1166008
I didn't because 1. It was your typical contrarian b8 and 2. Your "points" all come off as subjective with no actual proof or reasoning as to why you believe such things

>HHH vs Taker is one of the most awful Takermania matches

Why?

>The Women's, McMahon's, and Battle Royale matches were shitty gimmick matches

No fucking shit idiot, they say it on the card

>Angel v Benoit is one of the weaker Angle v Benoit matches

Beca- wait a minute

>Angel

18 fucking +
>>
>>1166043
>Why?
>Generic Brawling with a couple hardcore spots in between
Same tier as Shane's match with Taker. No real wrestling, nothing too creative, just shock value shit so the casuals can go omg!

>No fucking shit idiot, they say it on the card
Doesn't make them good.

>I misspelled by accident so that disproves my point
>Further doing it with memes
Nice logic there.
>>
>>1165987
>worst Takermania matches
It is objectively better than WM 9,11,13,15, and 19. How can you even prove that point wrong.
>>
>>1166492
I said one of the worst. 9 and 11 are probably actually worse than it. 13 had some story shit that makes it mildly redeemable. 15's is slightly better because the pacing wasn't as awful. 19 was saved cuz when Jones came out it became a tag team match in a way almost and it did all its storytelling in a quick time not being the awful mess of pacing that was the 17 match.
>>
>>1166537
>Nathan Jones redeemed the Wrestlemania 19 match
Well fuck, I can't fix autism. Forget I said anything.
>>
>>1165987
>the mother of overrated matches
HBK Vs Bret WM Iron Man is the eternal owner of that accolade.

As for your thoughts on the event, nope. It wasn't constant 10 out of 10 matches but it delivered. The hype and promos were spot on, Austin/Rock had been slow burning for years to this point, the TLC match wasn't just any spotfest it was THE spotfest, both prime Angle and Benoit delivered, the hardcore match pretty much saw the hardcore title reach its zenith of starpower, Trips and Taker wasn't a shitshow, and the rest wasn't offensively bad.
Maybe there is nostalgic bias involved, but WCW had just been bought, and changes were imminent. Generally it was an exciting time.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 620x400px
I like fapping to Chyna matches.
>>
>>1166658
>prime Chyna will never toss you around like a ragdoll and make you suck on her clit
>>
>>1165987
It's the best WM but Austins heel turn stops it from being 10/10
>>
Jericho vs Regal: 3.25/5
Tazz and APA vs Right to Censor: 2.5/5
Raven vs Kane vs Big Show: 3.25/5
Eddie Guerrero vs Test: 3/5
Angle vs Benoit: 4/5
Chyna vs Ivory: 2/5
Shane vs Vince: 3/5 (ending saves it from being shit)
TLC 2: 5/5
>he rates the gimmick battle royal
Undertaker vs HHH: DUD
Stone Cold vs Rock: 4.75/5
>>
File: WrestleManiaX-Seven.jpg (108KB, 340x470px) Image search: [Google]
WrestleManiaX-Seven.jpg
108KB, 340x470px
>>1167141
Austin/rock deserves 5/5 if TLC gets it desu
>>
>>1167153
Austin's heel turn leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. I know that was that point, but still.
>>
File: 20110622_past_ppvs_wm17_l.jpg (31KB, 642x361px) Image search: [Google]
20110622_past_ppvs_wm17_l.jpg
31KB, 642x361px
>>1167179
yeah fair enough it was fucking stupid
>>
>>1166548
Don't take things out of context. I said it was cool that it sorta became a tag match then a handicap match then a tag match and that's unlike any other streak match.

>>1166634
How is it a slow burn do explain. This is the second time they go at it at Mania. And then they do it again at 19.
>>
>>1167179
>>1167182
I will defend that purely because Austin's work as a Heel was tip-top-god-tier.
TERRIBLY timed, but as a Heel himself he was the fucking shit.
>>
File: 1434996388562.gif (2MB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1434996388562.gif
2MB, 500x376px
>>1166634
>HBK Vs Bret WM Iron Man is the eternal owner of that accolade
I've been saying this forever. It's just two guys doing moves at each other for 60 minutes. Two guys stretching a 10 minute match to an hour is not engaging to me.
>>
>>1168358
This was the problem with Joe/Zayn's match, too.
When you have a match that runs for an inordinate length, you can't just pace it like a normal one over a longer period. That's the most boring recipe possible.
>>
>>1168357
Most underrated Stone Cold promo ever right here
http://www.cagematch.net/?id=93&nr=133
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.