[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fencing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: fencing_psf.png (16KB, 450x246px) Image search: [Google]
fencing_psf.png
16KB, 450x246px
Fencing thread

Also good places to get fencing equipment that arent leon paul
>>
>>1099168
Who french grip here?
>>
File: fencing_foil_handle_151.jpg (12KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
fencing_foil_handle_151.jpg
12KB, 300x400px
Uhlmann/Allstar (p. much the same company under two different names).

>>1102764
Gardere grip here cuz I'm a special snowflake
>>
>>1102764
>>1103437
Can you explain the differences between the grips? Do they really make a noticeable impact on your performance?
>>
>>1102764
Pistol grip atm at school and italian grip at home.
>>
>>1105188
Pistol grip gives you superior leverage, a french grip can get you an extra inch or two range if you hold it by the pommel - which is rather dangerous since you can be easily disarmed. Gardere is kinda middle ground (french + prongs), and not legal in tournaments AFAIK.

Generally a pistol grip is better, but no way in hell am I going to use a grip made for cripples.
>>
>>1102764
impossible to fence with
>>
>>1099168
I took about a year of fencing classes, my teacher really liked me because I was the only one who asked to spar with him, he did this move where the blade part bent around me and hit me in the back, I sort of lost respect for it as a martial art after that and only can see it in a sport setting for points now. I know that's what it is, but I always thought it was way cooler, I didn't sign up for another year.
>>
>>1108830
Flicking is fucking cancer and could be made almost irrelevant if FIE finally got off their ass and banned soft blades. Glad it's not so common in epee.
>>
>>1108976
I didn't know how to parry it and he had never shown it to us so I really had no clue what was happening. He never landed a point on the front side of my body though. He kinda just did the flick thing over and over until I didn't want to spar anymore. I didn't even know the blade could bend like that. I try to hold onto my pride by thinking I might held my own against him if he wasn't using that trick.
>>
Quick question for the Oly and Classic fencers...

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE GRIPS!?

Italian looks like a French just attached to your wrist, Spanish looks like an Ortho, wtf is the difference between OP's Gardere and a Pistol?

>also

Why do they all only exist on foil and epee but not sabre?

Curiously,
HEMA-dude-who-also-likes-fencing.

>>1108830
>Interesting factoid: Flicking as a tactic existed in guilds and tournaments of the Freifechter and Marxbrüder as far back as the 1500's

>Interesting factoid two: Pictures trigger shitfights, so HEMA-bro's please, please don't post in here unless it's about oly or classsic ;_;
>>
File: AF-Practice-Foil-w-Pistol.jpg (3KB, 379x285px) Image search: [Google]
AF-Practice-Foil-w-Pistol.jpg
3KB, 379x285px
>>1109167
Gardere is pretty much a french grip with prongs for better gripping. The bit behind the grip on the ortho is just a "tab". You can only hold the ortho in one position, like a pistol. You can hold the Gardere almost like an ortho at the prongs but you can also change position and hold it at the pommel for more reach. Ortho kinda makes the Italian irrelevant.

Saber is just running and slashing so there's no point in using different grips.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.