[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the ultimate form of combat and why is BJJ??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (146KB, 800x826px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
146KB, 800x826px
Which is the ultimate form of combat and why is BJJ??
>>
>>1088273
I don't know about "ultimate", but being able to take a otherwise trained fighter to a phase of combat (ground fighting) where you have much more training and force them to quit or be injured/rendered unconscious (submissions) is pretty good and gives you a lot of advantages for 1v1 fighting.
>>
>>1088273
I love it when girls put me in a gogoplata.
>>
File: Taekwondo vs Muay Thai.gif (2MB, 260x172px) Image search: [Google]
Taekwondo vs Muay Thai.gif
2MB, 260x172px
Taekwondo is the ultimate form of combat.
>>
>>1088338

>most powerful kick is more powerful than most powerful punch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfnGkV6qmTw

>kicks take more skill than punches

>that masterful footwork

>it's a sweet, sweet science, since it's got a part in the Olympics

>those badass ITF TKD guys that don't wear gear and fight full contact

>Taekwondo just looks cool

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaowBGf-j50

Taekwondo a based.
>>
>>1088338
>>1088345
kek
>>
>>1088273
Boxing :^)
>>
>>1088273
Thats kind of hot
>>
>>1088273

Pretty accurate, BJJ is Judo for girls.
>>
>>1088273

>implying physical stregth doesn't matter
>implying you can wait until the other guy "taps put" and walks away, saying sorry
>implying a rapist will not beat the gurl to a pulp after she broke his arm
>turning rape into murder
>>
>>1088273
I would say that shooto is the ultimate form of combat since it involves all the submissions stuff with wrestling and striking.
>>
>>1088273
What rank is everyone here? white belt 2 stripes here.
>>
>>1088273
>attempting subs from the bottom instead of reversing the position or just standing the fuck up
>but position before submission, right???
>>
Reminder that only the weak pull guard.
>>
>>1088399
>>1088405

so what sweeps do you do to get up? I've been struggling to git gud at butterfly but i keep getting passed wat do?
>>
>>1088374
>kind of
found the fagoot
>>
>>1088454
found the 13 year old
>>
>>1088273
That a hell's gate?
>>
>>1088412
There are a lot of moves from Butterfly guard.

How exactly are you getting passed? I would guess that first and foremost they are out grip fighting you. Lack of knowledge, technical execution and just good 'ol gripfighting are the general reasons I see people getting passed.

One fellow at our gym likes to grab the feet to pass. In a case like this, the best option is first to out grip fight him and off balance him enough so that he can't grip your feet. Secondly, if he is able to start his pass, I simply club his head across to the same side his body is on. This also allows for an Omoplata attempt. Most people tend to push the head to the other side which is only mildy annoying for the passer, but does not stop the pass.

Maybe you are getting flattened out and they jump over? Again, gripfighting. You need to keep your posture (shoulder in front of hips). If they get you down, start to shove them head and sit back up. If they are about to jump over, grab both of your own knees - this stop the pass.

From butterfly, I have a few things I like. Depending on if they are standing or kneeling in my guard.

If they are standing, I will look for the dummy sweep series, to insert my shin and transition to single X guard, or go directly to X guard. I will also look for any other leg locks options I have. Another surprisingly effective sweep is simple to grab their ankle and push their knee outwards with your hands. It is like a dumbed down low single.

If they are on their knees, I will look to for an arm drag to back. I also look for the guillotine choke as well as entries into the x-guard, single-x or other leglocks. I have recently been playing around with the 2 on 1 grip and find it very effective. Elevator type sweeps are your friend.
>>
>>1088338
Reminds me of that video where a Caporeira fighter literally KO a MMA figher with a flashy kick just like that
>>
>Attempting to overpower an average man as the average woman with pure physical strength
There's a reason why most martial arts tournys are segregated by sex
>>
>>1088382
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TrqJ_DoUr0
>>
>>1088675
Oh wow a trained MMA fighter against some skinny guy kicks his ass
>>
>>1088677
What kind of untrained woman will attemp to do bjj technics
In which city every thiefs are in shape or know how to fight unarmed using only their fists
They carry guns for some reason
>>
>>1088690
That looks like your average half-starved Brazil monkey thief whos too much of a poorfag to buy a shitty Taurus or hi point.
>>
File: 1447808957639.png (234KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447808957639.png
234KB, 480x480px
>>1088394
White
>>
>>1088394
Purple no-gi
>>
>>1088345
>fight science
ok
>>
>>1088382

You've never had your arm broken if you think you're going to keep fighting after that, or that you're suddenly going to win the fight with one arm after she broke your arm when you had two.
>>
>>1088338

In gaming terms this like saying level 1 is just as good as level 10 because this one time you saw a noob roll a crit and take out a badass character in one hit.

What are the results of a hundred fights like this?
>>
>>1089476
If we ran that same fight 100 times, it would be exactly the same, because the conditions would be exactly the same.

TAEKWONDO TAEKWONDO
TAEKWONDO TAEKWONDO
TAEKWONDO TAEKWONDO
TAEKWONDO TAEKWONDO

TAEKWONDO RULES!
>>
>>1089366
Their numbers are accurate, even if they want to use the numbers to imply things that may or may not be 100%.

The Tae Kwon Do kick generated more force than the Boxer's punch, even though the Boxer had like 13 weight classes on the Tae Kwon Do practitioner.
>>
>>1088273
That's a funny way to say judo.
>>
File: e1b.gif (503KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
e1b.gif
503KB, 500x363px
Is it the same guy that's been shitposting in the martial arts threads lately?
>>
that picture is a work of fiction. I guarantee I could get it in without getting caught in a triangle, it isn't a hard move to stop
>>
>>1089695
>pic is unrealistic
>I would've done better
Are you saying most BJJ practitioners are rapists?
>>
>>1089704
first off yes
but no, what I'm saying is you aren't going to triangle someone that wants to be in your guard and hold you down
the move works because the other guy is opening himself up and trying to escape, it fails completely if he hunkers down and sucks your titties while he fucks you
>>
>>1088382
I would like to see a guy who still beats up someone after potential rape victim breaks his arm
>>
File: goldberg-chris-jericho.jpg (36KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
goldberg-chris-jericho.jpg
36KB, 600x300px
>>1088273

you don't need to know BJJ to defend yourself. all you need to know is an armbar

just ask either of these guys...

>sits back and wonders how many smarks will know the story
>>
I think all girls should learn Blow Job Job
>>
by the way, the only reason closed guard is effective in bjj is because you can't slam someone
if you are allowed to slam, suddenly it becomes your own downfall to try and pull that shit
>>
>>1096913
good thing for leg locks and 50/50 guard
>>
>>1096919
too bad bjj wont teach you or let you practice those things until you have been training for close to 10 years

truly it is shit
>>
>>1096933
you know how i know you don't train?lmao
>>
>>1096913

closed guard is for beginners, though..
>>
>>1096952
nope its butterfly at my gym
>>
>>1096955
what's a butterfly and you know a style is gay when they have moves called butterfly.
>>
File: 1440468263903.jpg (71KB, 545x545px) Image search: [Google]
1440468263903.jpg
71KB, 545x545px
>>1096952
Tell that to Kron
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 286x176px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 286x176px
>>1096939
Seriously.

Bjj is basically "all forms of grappling mixed together". It literally is because it pulls from everything which is effective.

If you were to say that all combined effective techniques from every known grappling style was one of the most effective forms of combat if not the most effective then everyone is like "yeah makes sense I guess".

But if you say BJJ is one of the most effective forms of combat if not the most effective then everyone who doesn't train it has a fucking bitchfit about it.

But it's the same thing.

That's why - firearms aside - poor people in dangerous vocations/situations who have no loyalty to anything except survival or making money always learn a fair amount of either boxing or BJJ or both. This is the shit that works.

If you're trying to convince anyone that the best techniques from every known grappling martial art compiled and trained daily in sparring by hundreds of thousands of people all over the world who are all trying to be better than each other is a thing which somehow can't be very effective then that's just mental gymnastics. BJJ is not a gang or a club or a cult or something which defines who you are so you don't have to battle against it for personality, ultimate real true badass, or cool points.
>>
>>1091229
I thought it was a front headlock?

Everyone gets so mad and serious when any form of grappling is discussed that isn't some obscure shit almost none of us could find in our areas.
>>
>>1088273
>BJJ
>Lay on me and know my might!
>>
>>1089718
Have you ever been triangled before? That should be a prerequisite to have before you loudly voice your retarded opinion
>>
>>1096979
The average BJJ gym doesn't train stand up well or at all.
>>
>>1096979
It's time to accept you drank the coolaid, man.
>>
>>1097006
There are many reasons for this, but primarily it's because grappling stand up against untrained assailants is so fucking easy that it's almost a waste of time to focus on it beyond the basics.

Bodylock. Drive or swing in any direction you like with all your might until your opponent loses their balance and falls over. Congratulations you just learned how to take down more than 99.5% of earths population in 4 seconds. Sorry if you spent 6 years in judo.
>>
>>1097004
You don't have to be trained to do the shit simple moves bjj does
>>
>>1097015
>t. Someone who has literally never been in a fight or trained standup
>>
>>1097026
Been in my fair share. I don't know why you'd think it's hard to make random agro drunks, junkies, and niggers lose their balance, outside high school most of the kinda of people who are going to fuck with you can barely stand up as it is.

Honestly taking people down who are not martial artists is a piece of cake, only guys who are likely to give you trouble are guys significantly bigger than yourself, then you'd best have a decent single. But even that is not difficult, and you don't even need a good single, you just need a quick entry, safe head positioning, and then drive like a motherfucker. I could teach that to anyone in half an hour desu.
>>
>>1097004
>Have you ever been triangled before?
people have /tried/ to triangle me more time than I can count, and I have as of yet never actually been rendered unconscious by it. at best people are able to hold on to me with it and make a little uncomfortable, and event that would be rendered useless if I was allowed to slam, but since I can't slam I just need to pick them up and try to shake them off like a sticky piece of shit that wont fall into the toilet
>>
>>1097033
its amazing because you think taking someone down and putting them in a submission is in any way a better means of self defense than a trained punch

here's some news for you buddy, unless you are a trained striker you don't have a chance of even getting close enough to try your takedown. it will be a flash knock out, you will be on the ground wondering what happened in a literal blink of an eye
>>
Why is that pic so hot
>>
>>1097143
because azu120 has really good hentai like art, go look at his deviant art page.
>>
>>1091229
>>1096991

it was, but the joke is also Jericho's list of his thousand holds (every other one being an armbar)
>>
>>1097068
I didn't say that at all. Why are you projecting your garbage logic onto me?

A good punch is great self defence. I agree with you. It's not always appropriate to potentially brain damage someone though, which is what can easily happen if you KTFO someone in da streetzz. Also legal repercussions are something to think about.

I didn't say you have to apply a submission once you take someone down. You can run away or stomp on their head or whatever, you have scalable options.

If someone is close enough to step in on a straight then you're close enough to them to cover in a shell and drive your head into their chest for double unders. Nothing works all the time every time, there is a huge random element in fighting. But that is a tried and true part of any clinching aspect within combat. I don't know why you think that anyone who attempts a takedown opens themselves to getting knocked out in one punch.

"You are living in a fantasy land. Like Star Wars." - Wanderlei Silva
>>
>>1088412
I usually attempt a technical standup off a failed scissor sweep; form a frame against their neck with my elbow, push off their hips with my feet, plant my free arm/hand and hit a technical standup.
>>
>>1096913
Yea because BJJ doesn't teach you to control posture, use your arms to hook their legs, or simply open your guard right?
>>
>>1097015

Grappling groudn fighting against untrained assailants is so fucking easy that it's almost a waste of time to focus on it beyond the basics.

Takedown. Side control or mount with any lock or choke you like with all your might until your opponent blacks out or gives up. Congratulations you just learned how to take out more than 99.5% of earths population in 4 seconds. Sorry if you spent 10 years in BJJ.
>>
>>1097172
>legal repercussions
we both know choking someone is safer than punching them in the head, however courts and jurys don't know this. there is a 100% chance you will get in more trouble for rendering someone unconscious with rear naked than with a punch because of muh I cant breathe!
would probably turn your self defense case into an attempted murder charge

but more importantly, when you grapple you are leaving yourself open to more countermeasures. Unless you are practicing your grappling with heavy striking being allowed, you will be surprised at how quickly you may get blown the fuck out after taking a few dirty punches and elbows while you are trying to grab on to someone. Grappling is a bad way to fight, it should only be used when your striking has failed
I can go from striking to grappling easily, Its much harder to go from grappling to striking. If you initiate grappling you basically fucked yourself
>>
>>1088273
How is what she's doing going to choke him or break his arm?

Is it implied shes going to pull his arm straight away from him hard enough to break it? That's idiotic. If she had the a large strength advantage on her opponent she would dislocate something well before ripping his bones apart.

Also the way her legs are positioned are not going to cut off either blood flow or air. She's just going to cling to the guy and maybe immobilize him if he doesn't ran his other hand up her cunt.
>>
Too vague. Overall, probably something awful like war. One on one? Martial arts are the best for their ruleset, since rulesets are one of the biggest differences between martial arts. If you like having as many things allowed without going full underground death fights, then vale tudo.
>>
>>1097451
>Side control or mount with any lock or choke
What I described was an extremely simple step by step instruction that anyone with no experience could execute proficiently. What you have given in reply are vague concepts like "choke " or "lock" which take a great deal of in depth instruction and practise to perform properly, even side control takes a lot of practise in the finer details to properly maintain otherwise you're just a flailing spazz.

So it's not the same thing. And you know that. Because you're being pedantic because you're salty. Or you don't know that and you're just a clueless idiot. You choose.
>>
>>1097451
Although I have to add you're not that wrong even though you were trying to be a pedantic little bitch, it is actually pretty easy even with just the basics. A white belt will most likely rek anyone his own weight who has no experience in martial arts.

Yeah.
>>
>>1097540
>e both know choking someone is safer than punching them in the head, however courts and jurys don't know this
They'll know it if you fucking brain damage someone with a haymaker by knocking him the fuck out and letting his head smash into the pavement on the way down before the cops show up and arrest you with a lateral carotid restraint.
>>
>>1097015
If that guy you're fighting wrestled for at least a year at any point in his life, you're going to have a tough time getting him to the ground without training anything. The fucking hubris on this board is tremendous. I'm beginning to suspect that there are a lot of beginners on here who don't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>1097568
So you think that a choke and a lock are far more sophisticated than the techniques of a throw or takedown? I'd love to see your double leg. I'm sure it's done in the typical BJJ fashion: head down, hips back, and a vain flailing of the leg behind your opponents legs in an attempt to trip him so as to make up for everything you've done wrong.
>>
>>1097578
>untrained assailants
>if he's wrestled for a year

If he's wrestled for a year then he's not untrained is he you fucking idiot?

But yeah most people are teenagers lying about their experience, it's painful and you'll never come back to the board after a while
>>
>>1088520
yes
>>
>>1097583
>wrestled for a year then he's not untrained
I would say that's still pretty untrained and a typical amount of experience, just like how every bodies grandpa showed them how to throw a punch and they took a boxing lesson
there are few people who know absolute dick about fighting in any capacity
>>
>>1097583
Why would anyone give a shit about fighting an untrained person? It's not even something to worry about if you've been training consistently. Untrained people are so fucking bad that it's noticeable. I don't know about you but I like to think I train for something more than a potential bar fight against some scrub.
>>
>>1097580
Yes I obviously think that any choke or joint lock requires more attention to detail and practise than literally burying your head in someone's chin with a gable grip around their waist and walking or falling in any direction which is exactly what I described. Do not strawman me like I was talking about any kind of complex throw when I clearly was not. Of course even osoto has a lot of detail, but that's not what we were talking about.
>>
>>1097590
Do you think it's gonna be that fucking easy to get to a body lock? That anyone, barring the mentally retarded, would willingly allow you to lock your hands around them? Even the untrained children that I coach know to not let someone do that to them on their fucking first day.
>>
>>1097594
Yes. If someone is trying to swing at you like a monkey it is very easy to cover in a shell and charge head down into someone's chest. Do it all the time in sparring, have taught others to do it, have been taught it by my mama coach who excelled at dirty boxing because he was a Greco competitor, have done this in self defence also.

Nothing works one hundred percent of the time every time, but this is by far the safest way to close distance and establish control as quickly as possible.

If you have a safer or quicker way to do so then I'm open to learning.
>>
>>1097603
low round kick followed by a cross to the chops
>>
>>1097603
Yeah that's a great combination but it's not a takedown which is what we were talking about. I mean hip firing a glock is even more efficient right? That aside it still takes so much more time to learn both those techniques proficiently than it does to learn to run into someone with your head down and swim into a gable grip.
>>
File: 1424397387181.png (1MB, 1898x1346px) Image search: [Google]
1424397387181.png
1MB, 1898x1346px
>>1088382
>>implying a rapist will not beat the gurl to a pulp after she broke his arm
Moldovian experts say otherwise
>>
>>1097636
this is true
it's not like the rapist just fucks you, he fucks you and beats you into submission as well until you comply with it
>>
>>1097015
>but primarily it's because grappling stand up against untrained assailants is so fucking easy

Not if your own take down game is garbage or non existent.
>>
>>1097578
>I'm beginning to suspect that there are a lot of beginners on here who don't know what they're talking about.

>beginning to

It's pretty clearly the situation if you were here before the Professional Athletic Acting takeover.

Easily 90%+ posts were anons repeating stupid shit they've heard in movies and on the internet, or thinking they invented a new way of fighting, oh and that retarded copypasta about how you can teach yourself to fight with just a mirror and no coach/trainer and no sparring which evolved from the argument that fighting is just like dancing so if you just choreograph your movements, like dancing, you can learn to fight.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.