[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to get really really good at this game? Do any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 4444se.jpg (9KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
4444se.jpg
9KB, 284x177px
Is there a way to get really really good at this game? Do any of you play for money or hustle?

I can usually clear the table in dumb games like 8ball, but I just never really got extremely good at nineball, snooker, one pocket etc.

I'd love to make a few extra hundred bucks a week on local university students and chads though.
>>
>>1085175

The people I know that kick ass at pool have their own table. Just practice I guess. And watch some youtube vids. That's how I got decent.
>>
>>1085213
u dick
>>
>>1085213
Is there some kind of measurement to tell I'm decent. I know from golf I could tell pretty much exactly how I stacked up. but pool i only have vague ideas of my comparison

ive only ever really played on my 9 × 4.5 ft table at home desu
>>
>>1085223
what games do you play ? 9 ball ? 8 ball ?

On what kind of table, bar tables or full 9 foot like these http://forums.azbilliards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=329415&stc=1&d=1396910053
>>
File: sneaky pete.jpg (78KB, 2479x280px) Image search: [Google]
sneaky pete.jpg
78KB, 2479x280px
Played non-stop 4-8 hours/day from 18 to 22 and got really good really fast. Won local tournaments. Sometimes beat pros that entered these local tournaments (albeit in a races-to-4 of 9-ball). While I was living with my parents, making 50-100/night in cash "hustling" was a steady source of income like a min wage job. But with bar tabs, time invested, mental stress, the stench of smoke and stale beer, sometimes losing a lot of money, the general attitude of the hicks that populate these venues, it really wasn't a fun way to earn money. I hated the people but just had fun playing.

>>1085223

It's kind of hard to measure. You should be able to break-and-run a 9-ball rack every few times. If left an open shot with a spread table, or ball in hand, you should be able to run it consistently, or be able to play a sick safe if you fuck up. If left with ball-in-hand on the 7-8-9 you should literally NEVER be unable to run it. As in, go run the 7-8-9 with ball in hand 100 times and see how many times you fuck up.

Once you show up at bars often enough, the good players will start to notice and try to befriend you, and maybe help you. Players know that shitters won't be willing to gamble.

Also get a good fucking cue. Bar sticks are fucking atrocious. But be willing to spend 150+ for a quality sneaky pete (pic related). Get it from a decent maker like Schon or Joss. There are a ton of makers out there but fuck Cuetec. Also for all I know Schon and Joss are garbage now so don't necessarily listen to me. But also don't spend the money on a cue if you're garbage. Then you look stupid and tryhard. Git gud first.
>>
>>1087014

I should clarify I'm 30 now so it's been a while.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.