[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting back into fencing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 001372acd0b50a0bcf490c.jpg (30KB, 511x298px) Image search: [Google]
001372acd0b50a0bcf490c.jpg
30KB, 511x298px
So, Ive had 2~3 years of break from serious fencing and gotten extremely out of shape. (no i did not turn into ogre, just my thighs are not as big as they used to be).
I used to fence sabre pretty competitively, but I don't think I can train as I used to (3~6 hours a day 5~6 times a week)
So I'll need to think of which weapon to pick up again (sabre is quite rare where i am).

so can anyone suggest me:
1. Good starting workout regime (I still have about 5~6 months before i move to where i can fence again)
2. Which weapon is rad these days
3. is there any new regulations on FIE part that i should know about that I've missed out?
>>
File: reg2.jpg (60KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
reg2.jpg
60KB, 2000x1333px
>>1072519
>2. Which weapon is rad these days
the longsword, pic related
>>
>>1072519
sabre is still raddest
>>
>>1074242
If you prefer shouting to swordplay I guess
>>
>>1074242

Yeah.... i remember practising my shouts in my shower...
>>
>>1072676
Fuck off Hemafag
>>
>>1072519
>1. Good starting workout regime (I still have about 5~6 months before i move to where i can fence again)
Do you have access to a gym? How many hrs/day can you into /fit/?
All of them, douchefag. They each bring something different to the table, pick what you like or dabble in them all: you've fenced before, you should know this.
>3. is there any new regulations on FIE part that i should know about that I've missed out?
Dunno, been out of competitive fencing for a while.
>>
>>1083301
>Do you have access to a gym? How many hrs/day can you into /fit/?
Regardless, practice your footwork and shit all the time, especially in all the little idle gaps in the day. Air chair over your desk job chair or whatever.
>>
FOIL MASTER RACE
>>
>>1083301
>All of them, douchefag. They each bring something different to the table, pick what you like or dabble in them all: you've fenced before, you should know this.

I learnt fencing like this... to a competitive level...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdMA1zfs-Bk
>>
>>1085706
Fair enough, I forgot that people suck and sometimes have shitty biases that they pass on to their students.
>>
Well if you want to pick up epee do some footwork grinding, stand very low and go back and forth, vary step sizes, don't drag your feet, move fast. Practice point control,basically try to poke random small things, or circle around stuff with the smallest wrist movement you can. You might end up teaching yourself bad habits, though.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.