[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This guy is so fucking based. When is he coming on raw? I hope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (200KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 1200x675px
This guy is so fucking based.

When is he coming on raw? I hope he's going to be at WM. I bet cole is trying hard to not let this guy take his job
>>
>>1071704

people actually like him?
>crap voice
>supposed to be famous? nobody knows him though
>hurr durr igotta funnya namea
>he's old already, why not find someone young
i don't give a shit about him
>>
File: Me Licky Lolli.jpg (26KB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
Me Licky Lolli.jpg
26KB, 600x250px
Based is my favorite word to use online too! Maybe we know each other, do you look like me?
>>
>>1071729
>he doesn't like announcer naming wrestling moves and actually talking about the match
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 600x900px
>>1071731
Yes
>>
>>1071729
In a company where the main guy talking the match almost only says "OH WHAT A MANEUVER, NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT THE WWE NETWORK ONLY FOR 9.99", people actually saying " lateral press" is a relief, even if the voice is not that good
>>
>>1071732
*commentators
>>
>>1071732

JR is my favorite of all time, and I do miss that kind of commentary

I agree that they don't talk about the actual match 80% of the time, and that's stupid. I just don't find anything appealing about Mary
>>
I'll just c&p what I said in another thread:

It's amazing how much difference his commentary makes. Unlike any of the RAW crew he treats the action like it matters, by calling the moves etc and giving context describing what the wrestlers are doing and why, shit that Cole never picks up on, Maurello helps the workers tell their story where Cole seems to work against them.

And he's better at the shilling and catchphrase shit that Cole too.
>>
Well, he's an actual combat sports commentator, one of the best.
>>
Rumor has it Cole is the one helping him out on commentary, also Cole has done a bit better job lately of calling the match but people have been jaded for so long no one is listening.
>>
>>1071807
I loved cole when he was on smackdown.

But now i can't stand him shilling the network, and yeah im jaded as fuck. But he did put some excitement in roadblock
>>
>>1071729
0/10

Apply yourself.
>>
>>1071729
I LOVE IT MAGGLE
>>
He sounds like vince when he gets excited
>>
>>1071704
He needs to replace maggle ASAP
>>
You guys really think he won't also be Vince's Twitter-mentioning, WWE Network-shilling puppet if he ever gets on Raw? Keep dreaming....

Only reason why he's not doing that now is because he's not on the show that Vince actually cares about
>>
>>1071704
The best part about him is that when the wwe brought him in they also turned king heel, and while king is still horrible he's at least tolerable as a heel.
>>
>>1073497
King absolutely does not work outside the attitude era. "PUPPIES" was about the high point of his commentating career. He can fuck off any time now. And cole. And JBL.
>>
>>1071704
>implying he wants to go to the show where vince is yelling in his ear on what to say and calling him a stupid motherfucker among other things
>>
>>1073516
Even that was godawful. Never thought anyone could make me dread seeing tits, but knowing "PUPPIES" was incoming made me wish women didn't exist.
>>
Jerry was good back in the Attitude Era along with JR, he was like JR's half, and since JR is no longer in WWE, Jerry hardly makes any sense.

Cole was better as heel, even though he was annoying as fuck, but I always laughed at all the shit he used to say. Some of them were kinda funny, especially the Raw anonymous general manager, when he was going to read the emails and the little phrase he made famous "...and I quote"

And JBL, well... He's funny as shit, sometimes annoying, but I guess that's what a heel supposed to do. Him and Michael Cole sometimes don't even talk about the match, and start talking about random shit.

And Bayron, well... He's a rookie, he don't even talk, and when he does, I don't even recognize his voice.

Booker T "OH MAH GOODNESS" in a nutshell

top kek m9
>>
>>1073546
No, none of that is even acceptable, let alone "good." Commentators should not be faces and heels, that's fucking retarded. You can have one that likes the good guys and one that sides with the violent guys, but not to the point of bickering and arguing about things not even related to what's happening.

Striker + Vampiro = perfectly fine
Every single main roster WWE commentator = Fucking retarded.

I don't blame them, I blame the 14 pages of do's and don'ts they have to comply with.
>>
Marulo and Bas Rutten commentating Raw would be awesome. aLso they need crazy Pride lady as ring announcer
>>
fuckin love this guy

he actually says the moves, its pretty sick tbcfhwyufam
>>
>>1073569

I want to cum on Mauro

No homo
>>
>>1073560
Well, JBL cheering for the bad guy and Cole and Saxton for the good guy makes them heel and faces, you dumbbag
>>
>>1073580
If you say so. I'm not going to argue over semantics. What I'm saying is that the "heel" announcer actually making the audience hate them and drawing heat is NOT good commentating. That's all for the wrestlers, you're there to call moves and flesh out stories if need be. This interrupting one another shit, the drawing heat, the AWFUL heel Cole shit, that's a big part of what's wrong with WWE. The commentating is not just bad, not just atrocious, but completely broken.
>>
>>1073485

Cole is moving up when Vince is gone, se yes.
>>
>>1073516
rewatching him now during that stage in his career was the most cringeworthy shit ever...anytime Sable or Debra were ringside, he would literally fixate on them and would barely talk about the match

its no wonder Aj Lee and probably most of the other Divas think he is a creepy old weirdo
>>
File: 1452493417720.gif (178KB, 214x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452493417720.gif
178KB, 214x200px
>>1073617
>rewatching

I don't think you were actively watching during the Attitude Era. We all know he was a complete horn dog back then, it's not like you'd be surprised by that if you were to re-watch episodes. That's what made it so awesome. Objectifying women is entertaining (and I say that with no sense of irony)

Are you going to talk about "rewatching" the Godfather and being surprised that he had half-naked women come out with him?

18+
>gtfo
>>
>>1071704
>love his style
>voice puts him below Cole in my rankings
wow
>>
>>1071704

I agree. Smackdown is way better with him and he's already better than Cole.
>>
am I the only one that thinks cole is the best announcer of all time? followed closely by JR
>>
>>1073993
Yes you are, Vince.
>>
>>1073993
He's legit the worst announcer of any type in WWE's history, one of the worst in wrestling history.

He's a decent shill, which is why he is has job, but the actual responsibilities of a play by play he is amazingly bad at,
>>
>>1073998
Man, after Vince dies a lot of shit us gonna change, I see it coming!
>>
>>1074011
Not necessarily for the better. HHH is going to be booking RAWs around himself as an asskicking badass well into his 50s.
>>
>>1074014
>well into his 80s
ftfy
>>
>>1073993
I'm sure there are lots of dumb post-MNW babbies who believe that.
>>
>>1073580
It feels weird to think of announcers not giving blanket support to heels or faces, but Cory Graves is doing that on NXT right now. He loves face American Alpha because he thinks they're bad asses, but he hates face Hype Bros because he thinks they're dufuses. He loves heel Eva Marie for some reason, but hates heel Elias Sampson. It makes him feel like an actual person compared to someone like Bryon, who rabidly supports any face, no matter what underhanded actions they take.
>>
>>1074074
Yeah, exactly. Like Vampiro (listed as the color commentator anyway), he's generally in line with the heels to some degree, but any face that shows violent actions (stomps and corner pummeling, or crazy high dives, or table spots) gets his approval. Makes it seem organic.
>>
>>1073626
I watched as a kid during the Attitude era and when I peaked The Godfather I was surprised by how openly objectifying it was to women, in a good way, not a bad way. Shit was hilarious, but I had definitely forgotten after 15 years.
>>
>>1071729
>he's old already, why not find someone young

You had some good bait going, but you gotta learn restraint, otherwise you go overboard and everyone can see your balls.
>>
>>1071808
>>1071807
Cole's a genuinely good commentator on superstars because nobody watches it so he isn't scripted/shouted into submission by vince
>>
>>1074132
He's genuinely mediocre, he's still really bad at noticing what is going in the ring and the story the wrestlers are trying to tell.
>>
File: are those some movez.jpg (59KB, 373x295px) Image search: [Google]
are those some movez.jpg
59KB, 373x295px
>>1071704
OFFICIAL LIST OF MAURO'S BASED SAYING/VIBRANT MONIKERS

>Luke Harper, "The Bearded Brother from the back-woods"
>The Sage, Alberto Del Rio
>The Diminutive Dynamo, Kalisto
>The Titanic Triumvirate (in reference to the brief trio of Kane, Ryback and Beeg(double-props for putting this much effort into, and giving this much of a fuck about a cobbled-together threesome of superstars made to kill time against the Wyatts at Fast Lane))
>The Heart and Soul of the WWE, John Cena!
>THE [actual fucking name of a move]

That's all I remember.
Pls add
>>
Who would be your favourite team when Cole is gone? Mine would be Miz (mostly heel), Booker T (mostly face with some heel favourites) and Maurello (neutral play-by-play).
>>
>>1071807
>but people have been jaded for so long no one is listening.

Lol, no he hasn't.
He still stutters like an imbecile and fucks up the lines sitting in-front of him.
You just hold that opinion because it's different, and you want something to set yourself apart with, despite not even fully understanding it yourself.
>>
>>1074132
>Cole's a genuinely good commentator on superstars

he's not on that show
he only does raw and ppvs with regularity
i think superstars is rich and byron
>>
File: styles.jpg (15KB, 324x322px) Image search: [Google]
styles.jpg
15KB, 324x322px
So who is the best commentator?
>>
>>1074184
Mauro as unbiased play-by-play, Regal as the mostly-Heel psychology guy, Beeg as the respectful Face.
>>
>>1074200
sounds based. only problem is beegs voice gets annoying after a while, especially given how much he slurs his words.
>>
>>1074184
Mauro as neutral play by play
Regal or Corey Graves as the more heel leaning guy
Beeg as face
>>
>>1074184
Mauro as play by play, Corey Graves heel play by play. Maybe a rotating third one to give someone for Corey to bully, but generally the focus should be on the actual wrestlers, that's what the commentators should be disagreeing about and discussing, not how stupid the other commentator is/their private lives.
>>
>>1074218
It makes me hate Byron by proxy because everytime he opens his mouth Cole and JBL bully him.
I get why JBL does it – even if he does it in a boring, mundane fashion, I get it – but why the fuck does Cole shit on Byron so much?
>>
>>1074222
It reminds of something the wrestling observer guys say, that when Michael Cole shills something, or even calls a match or says anything, it doesn't work because he has no respect from the fans and we have been even encouraged to hate him and think he's a moron who no-one should listen to. And he's meant to be the voice of authority.

This is one of the (many) reasons why Mauro is superior, he actually seems like he knows what he is talking about and is presented like that.
>>
>>1071704

I dunno I love the way he sounds to be completely honest with you guys.
>>
>>1074406
He's got a great voice for commentary, not that that matters at all in the scheme of things.
>>
>>1074433
Of course it matters. He has a voice that easily draws you in and makes him sound frantic about the action taking place.
A very emotive , distinct voice is an obvious strength for a commentator.
>>
>>1074182
He looks like Seth McFarlane/Dillion Harper.
>>
>>1073993
Vince was actually the best
>>
>>1074268
I love that Mauro disagrees with stupid shit people say because he always calls it back to something real. Lawler says Kalisto can't win a match Mauro, not disrespectfully, points out how he's retained the US championship.
>>
>>1074182
AND HITS HIM WITH A LETHAL LARIAT
>>
CM Punk's summer on commentary was probably my favorite thing he did during his entire WWE run. Since then, I always hoped that he'd slide to the commentary table after retiring. But then lolstaphinfection
>>
I love that he actually calls the matches.
On RAW they just go 'oh!' half the time someone does a big move, and then silence.
This guy knows the names of the moves.
>>
>>1074197

OH MAIH GAHD!

not styles. he sucks balls

JR, for sure. Bobby the Brain is the best talker, though JR would probably be a better "commentator" than him
>>
>>1077965
Fuck off Styles was brilliant.

JR was the best for the epic moments, but Heyman was fantastic for adding depth to characters and bigging up underdogs.
>>
>>1074844
dubs dont lie

remember that throwback show they did a few years back where vince and jesse ventura did the commentary?

fucking amazing
>>
>>1071729
he talks about the actual wrestling match, not the match that happened just prior or the one happenign 2 hours from then.

it's like people actually like it when they talk about what's actually happening
>>
>>1073560
Best commentator of all:Gordon Solie,Florida and Georgia.
Second:Lance Russell,Memphis.
>>
>>1074182
Mario started as a heel manager for Al Tomko's Vancouver territory. Got a job doing sports on TV. Also called wrestling matches in Stampede when Ed Whalen bailed.
>>
>>1071704
Mauro won't get raw or WM. He hasn't kissed enough of Vince's ass yet. You gotta be a high caliber asskisser like Cole or Lawler.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.